Big Box store Mowers

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If company A buys out company B, why do they still keep the name for company B on some of their products?

If it was my company, I would want the name for company A on all of my products.

Company A doesn't want the B name. Cost to much Money to change the name and if they want to sell the company again which they often do they would have to pay again to get there name removed. Besides that sometimes they buy company B just to close the company down and do away with the competition.

panabiker

Threads
If company A buys out company B, why do they still keep the name for company B on some of their products?

If it was my company, I would want the name for company A on all of my products.

It usually does not happen this way. When Daimler-Benz bought Chrysler, it did not change Dodge Neon into Mercedes-Benz S110 or something like that. Fiat now owns Chrysler, and it still didn't change Durango into Fiat Panda. You can imagine many American buyers would be turned off by these foreign names and would never set a foot to these dealerships.