Another Newbie looking for Z Turn advice 2.5 acr

Cornfield

Threads
What’s the difference between Radius E and S and Toro Atlas My Ride 60”? Price differences as well as features.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Exmark Radius E 60 is very similar to the Toro Titan Max 60. These two are upper end residential or estate mowers. The Exmark Radius S moves up one class with Hydro-Gear ZT3400 hyrdro. The Radius S could be considered an entry level commercial mower.
You can compare the mower specifications on their websites.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cornfield, those are questions you should be asking your dealer, because as they answer them you’ll be coming up with more questions.

Cornfield

Threads
It looks like a Titan Max at $6300 is the winner. A similar Exmark is $700 more.

Cornfield

Threads
Now club members are objecting to the expense. They want a $2000 used mower. They think a used commercial mower with 1000-2000 miles would be a good deal.
I see a lot in that price range by people saying “I just upgraded, nothing wrong with it”. I bought and sold used cars in a previous life and don’t trust anyone “upgrading” a professional model. I think they are expecting the mower will have serious downtime in the coming season and are getting rid of it for that reason.
I did run across a 2017 Radius X with 120 hours. No warranty. The owner wants $5500 which is probably fair but outside the clubs new budget. The current owner says “I just wanted to upgrade so I have a new one”. That line still smells fishy.

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now club members are objecting to the expense. They want a $2000 used mower. They think a used commercial mower with 1000-2000 miles would be a good deal.
I see a lot in that price range by people saying “I just upgraded, nothing wrong with it”. I bought and sold used cars in a previous life and don’t trust anyone “upgrading” a professional model. I think they are expecting the mower will have serious downtime in the coming season and are getting rid of it for that reason.
You didn’t see that coming, did you? Just being sarcastic. I really don’t have any good advice for that. You may wind up back at square 1. Meaning that your club may still be paying a yard service to do your mowing.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Time to start over, with one change! I would tell the club they need a new person in charge of procuring this piece of equipment. I can tell you’ve put in a lot of time and effort, with little appreciation shown. Print out this thread and hand it and all other material you have put together to the person who objected to your research the loudest. Let them know how you feel about someone else’s used equipment, and if they haven’t found anything by March, you’ll think about going renewing your search.

Cornfield

Threads
We meet once a month and have an active chat system between meetings. I suspect that a few of us will make healthy donations and that we will have an acceptable solution by February-March when the local shops start getting stock.

Cornfield

Threads
Time to start over, with one change! I would tell the club they need a new person in charge of procuring this piece of equipment. I can tell you’ve put in a lot of time and effort, with little appreciation shown. Print out this thread and hand it and all other material you have put together to the person who objected to your research the loudest. Let them know how you feel about someone else’s used equipment, and if they haven’t found anything by March, you’ll think about going renewing your search.
I’m too old to get offended by their objections. A sales manager once told me that objections were really requests for more information.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve found in the organizations that I’ve been involved in those who cry the loudest are those who do the least work. Making them in charge of doing some work has been a solution for me. They learn quickly that if you oppose something, by putting in the effort showing why you oppose, makes them a more valuable member of the organization. If they decline to help, good organizations realize that listening to them is fruitless.