Another Newbie looking for Z Turn advice 2.5 acr

Lawn Addict
Threads
And you 'might' want to let others know.... Before the Key goes in, the oil stick should come out, to check oil level.

dfbroxy

Threads
I think there is also one other thing to think about...what you are willing to spend up front for a good mower to do the job. For the brands mentioned to do the job you stated they will all start around $5000 and go up from there. One other to put on the list is Husqvarna. I just purchased their high end residential, low end commercial model. 61' I believe and gave $5200+tax. I was given a option on warrenty. Commercial: Unlimited hours- 1 year....Residential: 3 year-750 hrs. I did a quick calculation---no way Ill put 750 hrs in a year duh! So I took the Residential.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Big Dog Alpha MP and Alpha MPX are good mowers. Starting at $4099 to $5299. High end consumer mowers. If you want to go commercial step up to the Stout.

Cornfield

Threads
Gravely, Husqvarna and Big Dog are not well represented in my area. Toro and Exmark appear to have many dealers here that could service it.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gravely, Husqvarna and Big Dog are not well represented in my area. Toro and Exmark appear to have many dealers here that could service it.
When people ask me what the best mower is I tell them one they can buy locally and get parts and service for. If you go 50 miles and buy one then you have to go that same 50 miles to get parts and service. Good luck I am sure Toro and Exmark make a mower that will suit your needs.

dfbroxy

Threads
Another idea is to do the research (like what you are doing now). Decide what brand and model you want and go to your closest dealer that carries that brand. Stand firm on what you want and ask him to order it. It is the off season so you have time to wait for it. It is the off season so they need the sales. And if you have to remind them that you will be a long term customer if they do. It seems that a lot of dealers with younger employees and sales staff seem to forget that.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Any Hustler dealers? If so, look at the Hustler Raptor XDX.

Cornfield

Threads
Is “My Ride” really worth $1000 in this instance? We won’t be using it all day. The field is flat but not necessarily smooth.

Cornfield

Threads
Right now I’m also investigating used pro level equipment. I remember my father’s admonition “Never buy a used taxicab. If it isn’t making money for the cab company, it will cost you money.”

DK35vince

Threads
If you go 50 miles and buy one then you have to go that same 50 miles to get parts and service.
Service - yes
But parts for any of my equipment I order online. I never go to a dealer for parts.