Another Newbie looking for Z Turn advice 2.5 acr

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Highly recommend the American made Bad Boy brand.
I didn’t even think to mention Bad Boy. A Bad Boy Maverick 60 would work well.

Cornfield

Threads
I think we’ll get the Exmark Radius 60”. It should fit inside our container shed and get around our few obstacles with ease. They offer 0% interest for 42 months

LawnWizard

Threads
Here's my 2 cents: I mow about 130 yards a week. My fleet is a Hustler Super Z HD 60", Hustler Super Z 72" (both 1000cc Kaw), Big Dog Diablo MP 60" 850cc Kaw (same as Super Z) and Hustler Fastrack SD 48" 691cc Kaw. So obviously I prefer Hustler. However for your application I'd probably go with a 60" Bad Boy, Spartan or Exmark / Toro. Here's why. You don't need to pay upwards of $15K to get a really good mower that will last for years cutting an hour or two per week. That's about 70-80 hours per year. That's 700-800 over 10 years. Get an entry level commercial mower with a Kaw FX series, Kohler Command or Vanguard Commercial grade and do regular maintenance you will be happy for many years. What I would NOT do is pay an extra $2K - $3K for a Deere or Kubota. Just not worth it. Same engine, same Hydro-gear pumps and motors, different color paint and and name recognition. Nearly all commercial mowers have very good warranties on the mower and deck. Green / yellow or orange paint seems to be very expensive. One other thing, consider a used unit from a reputable dealer. I know a dealer that takes in 20 to 30 lightly used Hustlers per year. Usually less than 300 hours and under $10K. Something to consider.

Cornfield

Threads
Now I see that Toro also offers 0% for 42 months.
Exmark Radius or Toro?

Rockyhammock

Threads
Don't really see need for a zero turn since the property is clear of any trees or objects.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would recommend going with the Toro, personal preference. As with any thread which asks “ What should I buy” you will get a multitude of recommendations depending on personal experience, but I always say, don’t go by what you read. Taking in what you read, go with your gut feeling. You will kick yourself if something does go wrong, ”Say my gut told me to go with XXXX, but this was liked by more people so I went with it”. No matter what you purchase, go with the dealer you have the most trust in, because down the road your experience with them will tell you whether you made the right decision.

AdamE

Threads
What about an Exmark Radius E or Toro Titan?
I bought an Exmark Radius E for my 2+ acres at the end of last season and couldn't be happier.

Hectare

Forum Newbie
Threads
For a quality commercial unit look at Grasshopper. My 1995 61" front mount lasted 24 years with minimal repairs (clutch). Still had original deck belt. I replaced with a used 2005 with 725 hours. Should be the last one I need.