About gear box Peerles-HMST-206-565

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just went out and measured the thickness of a nearly new set of pads. Thickness is .380”. Tecumseh part number 799021A, cost about $8.00. Hope you still have the thin shim which rides against the two pins to keep the pad from breaking.

Bange

Threads
Yes, I kept it carefully ...
So, by this measure, the high part of the disc faces the tip of the shaft ... in mine there is a difference of approximately 3mm, coinciding with your information.

New tablet
20210413_184830 1.jpg

used tablet
20210413_184846 1.jpg

Where I live I have two problems buying parts.
1 - Find the part. (Few suppliers)
2 - High price. (imported material)
Sometimes it is cheaper to make the piece. Thanks for your information...
Another question ... is there a rule for the angle of the brake pedal to activate the brake? ... after activating the clutch?

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Replace them.
There should have been shims behind both
If so the thicker on goes behind the moving pad .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You adjust the brake by the middle nut which moved the lever in or out.
Done on the mower so the brake comes on just as the drive belts gets loose enough to slip.
Note, this is a sudden death brake it is either on or off as it locks the layshaft which locks the diff so the wheels can only turn is opposite directions

Bange

Threads
I understood... OK, thanks

Bange

Threads
As for the oil change, I sent an email to Peerless about the possibility of drilling (without opening) the same point that appears in their own manual ... they still haven't answered me and I don't even know if they will ...
What do you think? My problem would be limited to just buying or making the plug (Nylon or rubber?)
20210409_120801 2.jpg

Bange

Threads
Just went out and measured the thickness of a nearly new set of pads. Thickness is .380”. Tecumseh part number 799021A, cost about $8.00. Hope you still have the thin shim which rides against the two pins to keep the pad from breaking.
Rivets,
See how difficult things are here ...
I just received the quote for brake pads from the only existing supplier.
BRL326.00, which is equivalent to USD62.69 in a simple and direct conversion.
In this difference (USD 8 to USD62) are fees and profit from the supplier, of course, but it is very expensive for a simple piece.
USD 8.00 is equivalent to BRL 41.62 ... if you add 100% tax (which is not true) it would go to BRL 83.20 ... if you add more 100% of the seller's profit it goes to BRL 164.40. .. which is already expensive, but it would be acceptable ... but BRL326.00 is much more than absurd!
This is the reason for homemade solutions ...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I understand. This might help you out. I’ve seen guys who cannot get pads go to the big semi repair shops and get a piece of brake pad. They would them cut their own pads and in a pinch this seems to work.

Bange

Threads
This is my strategy ... without a "B" plan .?

Bange

Threads
With a few hours of searching and working, I managed to make the tablets exactly ... but ...
Either the inserts do not have the same thickness (internal / external) or there is some difference in my system, because the external support does not touch the transmission box, there is still approximately 4mm missing.
But now I know how to specify the maximum size, because with the pads in place and the brake fully retracted, the support has to touch the gearbox housing ... just adjust it ...
The way was this and in the morning I will have brand new home-made pads at zero cost ...
I don't know if hardness will make any difference when braking, but then just take another one and redo it, as the technology is already assimilated.

Used car pad
pastilha de carro usada.jpg

Cortando a pastilha 1.jpg
Cortando a pastilha 2.jpg
Cortando a pastlha 3.jpg
Cortando a pastilha 4.jpg

After grinding and sanding ...
Medida da espessura 1.jpg
Medida da espessura 2.jpg

The diference...
Diferença 1.jpg