A web page is slowing down your browser

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Slow still but no lock ups this morning.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Well was doing fine, then when i came to say "It's doing pretty good this morning" it locked up for about 20 seconds. But it seems better.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Slow still but no lock ups this morning.
Weren't you leaving this forum in protest? :D

You can't keep away from all your buddies here LOL. Glad to have you back Rivets. (y)

slomo

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In which post did I say I was leaving the forum? Patience is my old farts forte. I’m betting the admin will figure this out and I won’t need an ad blocker. It has locked up once this afternoon and is quite slow now.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
It has stopped locking up for me on my Computer as much.. just locked on me now for about 5 seconds.
does it ALOT on my tablet. I've noticed whenever it locks up, the only time it locks is when my adblock shows 19 ads blocked, but it NEVER locks up when it sometimes shows 18 ads blocked.... so i guess its just a certain ad from an ad company locking it. ??

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Waited about 30 seconds after clicking on new post to open this thread. About another 10 seconds to open this link,. another 20 seconds before it would let me start typing. I am showing 17 ads blocked.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
It has stopped locking up for me on my Computer as much.. just locked on me now for about 5 seconds.
does it ALOT on my tablet. I've noticed whenever it locks up, the only time it locks is when my adblock shows 19 ads blocked, but it NEVER locks up when it sometimes shows 18 ads blocked.... so i guess its just a certain ad from an ad company locking it. ??
Yup, these ads come servers from all over the world. Internet itself is congested now everyone is "working from home" LOL. Losers like me on mower forums and Youtube LOL. This site still requests ads for every page. Ad Blocker blocks them only when they are about to load up. Page is waiting on some sneaker ad to come in is what the pausing is all about. We are blocking 32 ads on this page now. :rolleyes:

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In which post did I say I was leaving the forum? Patience is my old farts forte. I’m betting the admin will figure this out and I won’t need an ad blocker. It has locked up once this afternoon and is quite slow now.

And I am not leaving yet
but until this is fixed I have no intention of looking at a locked screen for hours every morning .
It is exactly the same script that is causing the windows to hang and consuming ll of the processor time as it was in the beginning .
Nothing has changed

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: https://www.lawnmowerforum.com…abbit/surgeon_orig.js?cb=188-0:1

Some of the adds are downloading quicker which is good but they are not the problem.
I can still scroll & read messages while the adds ae downloading or changing but while that script is running the entire processor is fully occupied.
Unless you have a bit of understanding about how the beige boxes work that will mean nothing but to consume that much processing power the script is doing a lot of work.
Rendering a poster sized image in photo shop only used about 30% of the processor yet an HTML script which is supposed to be very processor efficient gobbles up over 95% of the processor ?
So what is it doing ?
In the same amount of time using the same amount of processing power I could be sending a 1Mb email individuallly to every email address on the planet .

So once again it is good morning gentlemen and see you tomorrow because I do not have the time to sit here watching a frozen screen for over an hour.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Admin, it would be greatly appreciated if you would let us know that you are working on resolving this problem. As you can see it is getting very frustrating to the members who are trying to help members with problems. Most of us have the patience, but a few are starting to loose it. Thank you for your efforts.