Export thread

A web page is slowing down your browser

tom3

tom3

Anyone else getting this message on Firefox? Searched around and seems to be from a tracking site of some sort? Problem with the site or here on my end?

StarTech

StarTech

No message here on FF but I having slow downs here too. I just chalking to slow internet hubs.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Using firefox here no problem, but my tablet which i use Chrome on had some trouble where i couldnt click on anything. someone else mentioned that.

NorthBama

NorthBama

slow here also

B

bertsmobile1

It is the same script that was causing grief a while back.
Double checked it.
It is one of the scripts that places the adds on the page

G

gainestruk

I use an iPad, yesterday and today I have to click on thread 2-3 times before it opens and is very slow navigating the site.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

almost impossible to use forum this morning. Took me dang near 2 minutes to write this, lol

cpurvis

cpurvis

Anyone else getting this message on Firefox? Searched around and seems to be from a tracking site of some sort? Problem with the site or here on my end?
Yes. I haven't gotten it yet today but yesterday it was common.

B

bertsmobile1

You mean this one
Script: https://www.lawnmowerforum.com…abbit/surgeon_orig.js?cb=188-0:1
Yes,
Took 45 minutes to get through the first 4 posts of the 39 new ones so no new ones from me today.
I gave up when number 5 just sat there hanging by which time I had finished eating breakie.
Not all that hard to fix that script needs a time out routine of 3 seconds.
The script gobbles up so much processor time & power that the computer clock lost 6 minutes while I was here.
Will see what happens tomorrow
Good bye all

S

slomo

It's slowing down because of all the spam ads trying to populate on each page. Each picture or add is stored on some server some place different. Everyone so called working from home are congesting the internet.

slomo

S

slomo

With Firefox, look at the lower left of your window. You will see "waiting on ad.such and such server blah blah. Nothing wrong with your browser. Internet and the ad servers are congested.

slomo

tom3

tom3

Yep, you are right. Shows something down in that corner when the yellow banner comes on. Hadn't noticed that. Thanks!

J

Jack9

I'm using Brave (Chromium based, same as what Chrome uses) and it's also very slow. Each page takes around a minute to load.

B

bertsmobile1

It is the same script that was giving trouble a while back.
Checked the screen shots I saves to post so the admin would know which one was giving us grief.
Better than 3 minute today to download the unread posts and then this page
So see you all tomorrow , perhaps.

S

slomo

I'm using Brave (Chromium based, same as what Chrome uses) and it's also very slow. Each page takes around a minute to load.
Again it's not a browser issue. It's all the ads this site has. Every time you load a new page, the page requests info from all the ad servers we see. All the panties commercials and home mortgage finance loan rates.... Shop here and save a fortune web sites.

slomo

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I was going to type something,took so long to load forgot what I was going to type :ROFLMAO:

B

bertsmobile1

Again it's not a browser issue. It's all the ads this site has. Every time you load a new page, the page requests info from all the ad servers we see. All the panties commercials and home mortgage finance loan rates.... Shop here and save a fortune web sites.

slomo
Not according to my browse
It's is the add placing routine searching my hard drive to determine what package of adds to display.
Once it has decided on the package the page responds quite normally despite the fact that the adds are changing every few seconds.
If it was a network congestion problem the page would remain unresponsive all the time
If it was a network problem my CUP use monitor would not ramp up to over 90% the whole time the page is frozen .
IT is the script running on your computer that is causing the problem , or rather the script not finding what it is looking for and not being written properly with an "if no = " sub routine
Now I have not programmed since 1982 and then it was Basic +, Cobal & Fourtran so I am more than a little rusty and HTML means very little although I could stumble my way through HTML 1 but that was 30 years ago.
The people who wrote the script are all about showing the world how computer smart they are and as such try to use pack in as many unnecessay advanced routines as they can.
The thing is , they do not do is use the forum so have no concept of what problems the users encounter.
Add to that most are on full fiber networks and have been on one for so long they have forgotten the limitiations of those with a co-ax , ADSL or dial up connections.
They also run the most modern highest powered computers possible and the idea that everyone on the planet does not upgrade their CPU's twice a year is quite foreign to them .

y a long shot the best forum I am on is the Aust Rolls Royce owners forum.
Still running HTML II and working perfectly on the old OS 9 computer in Navigator .

So what is needed is a time out so if the script does not return a value the viewer gets the default set of adds
or
A cookie that gets installed when you open the first page ( usually a search page ) that remains active for the period of connection
Thus when we open the New posts or unread posts the cookie get posted and is used for each & every subsequent page opened during that session.

The problem I have ( & I assume others also have ) is the script takes 1 to 4 minutes to not find what it is looking for one each & every page that gets opened.
Thus this morning when there were 66 unread posts for me would be looking at 1 to 2 hours just for the pages to open .
Thus it was the same as yesterday.
Answer this post them mark the rest as read & close the Lawnworld window.
It is now lunch time so I thought I would check to see if the problem is solved which it has not been.
So again the 37 new posts were all flagged as read without being looked at and as soon as this is posted I will pop over to MY Tractor Forum while I have lunch.

The problem for the owners is once a potential new member has been treated this way they will give up and join a different forum or limit their searches to you tube or face book.
The numbers on this site have been plumiting over the past few years and the number of new members is dropping like a stone.
People are very suspicious of forums and when this one suddenly hijacks their CPU for several minutes the natural assumption is it is downloading viruses, trojans or spywear.
When I first signed up there were usually over 200 new post daily in season , now days it is a small fraction of that, 66 this morning & god only knows if any of them got the answer they wanted because I just marked them all read

StarTech

StarTech

All I know when just surfing the forum I can disable fetch commands in NoScript and I get no delays. But I can't post until I enable the fetch commands and then the delays start again.

S

slomo

Not according to my browse
It's is the add placing routine searching my hard drive to determine what package of adds to display.
Once it has decided on the package the page responds quite normally despite the fact that the adds are changing every few seconds.
If it was a network congestion problem the page would remain unresponsive all the time
If it was a network problem my CUP use monitor would not ramp up to over 90% the whole time the page is frozen .
IT is the script running on your computer that is causing the problem , or rather the script not finding what it is looking for and not being written properly with an "if no = " sub routine
Now I have not programmed since 1982 and then it was Basic +, Cobal & Fourtran so I am more than a little rusty and HTML means very little although I could stumble my way through HTML 1 but that was 30 years ago.
The people who wrote the script are all about showing the world how computer smart they are and as such try to use pack in as many unnecessay advanced routines as they can.
The thing is , they do not do is use the forum so have no concept of what problems the users encounter.
Add to that most are on full fiber networks and have been on one for so long they have forgotten the limitiations of those with a co-ax , ADSL or dial up connections.
They also run the most modern highest powered computers possible and the idea that everyone on the planet does not upgrade their CPU's twice a year is quite foreign to them .

y a long shot the best forum I am on is the Aust Rolls Royce owners forum.
Still running HTML II and working perfectly on the old OS 9 computer in Navigator .

So what is needed is a time out so if the script does not return a value the viewer gets the default set of adds
or
A cookie that gets installed when you open the first page ( usually a search page ) that remains active for the period of connection
Thus when we open the New posts or unread posts the cookie get posted and is used for each & every subsequent page opened during that session.

The problem I have ( & I assume others also have ) is the script takes 1 to 4 minutes to not find what it is looking for one each & every page that gets opened.
Thus this morning when there were 66 unread posts for me would be looking at 1 to 2 hours just for the pages to open .
Thus it was the same as yesterday.
Answer this post them mark the rest as read & close the Lawnworld window.
It is now lunch time so I thought I would check to see if the problem is solved which it has not been.
So again the 37 new posts were all flagged as read without being looked at and as soon as this is posted I will pop over to MY Tractor Forum while I have lunch.

The problem for the owners is once a potential new member has been treated this way they will give up and join a different forum or limit their searches to you tube or face book.
The numbers on this site have been plumiting over the past few years and the number of new members is dropping like a stone.
People are very suspicious of forums and when this one suddenly hijacks their CPU for several minutes the natural assumption is it is downloading viruses, trojans or spywear.
When I first signed up there were usually over 200 new post daily in season , now days it is a small fraction of that, 66 this morning & god only knows if any of them got the answer they wanted because I just marked them all read
I have a 21st century computer and run Linux. Threw away the vacuum tubes long ago.

You can tell, once the ads are done loading the page loading will resume. Each page pulls data from dozens of servers all over the internet. Plus each page like this one constantly requests new ads all the time. Like the smokin' hot blonde from the 70's? Remember her ad?

slomo

B

bertsmobile1

Just to put your mind at rest Slomo. this is being written on an I Mac running Linux (Ubuntu ) on one petition, Science on another & OS 10 on the third .
The OS 9 computer is an old Graphite AV twin processor loaded up with what was around $ 20,000 worth of softwear from the days of technical writing , desktop publishing & POS advertising.
Kitted out with 2GB of ram thanks to Ram boubler so I can run the OS on a ram disc which makes it blistering fast.
The apps all run on a 5 disc striped raid array and the desktop downloads & documents registers are on a 4 way mirror through soft raid & an old raid rack array from an old ISP .
Don't use it much any more since that part of my life is over but it is used to view the RROG, A7-A10 , C10-11-12 , Bantam , Gold Star, B50, Military Motorcycles , Practical Machinist, Vintage Mowers, Foundrymens , Foundry Planet & Metallographers forums & the Brit Iron mailing llst on the weekends when I fire the system up .
The point I was making is none of them hang like Lawnworld does and most have advertisements from all over the planet on them.
The only difference is none of them loads advertisments specific to the emails I have been sending , the purchases I have made from on line auctions, ebay & general browsing.
Although some load geographically relevant advertisements & one definately loads advertisements selected from the contents of my browser history.

This computer is used to browse all of the mower & chainsaw forums I haunt ( about 10 of them ) and Brit - Bike plus store all of the mower related files & run the repair business.
SO no valves in this network although until I moved to this location there was an APC IV running DOS 5 on the network because it had the courier softwear on it with all of the transis kilometers for the entire nation which was used to make up price lists.
Again a lump of soft wear that would have cost $ 50,000 to replace with a copy ported for newer machines, picked up at a liquidation sale of a transport company back in the days when they sold the computers as are without erasing or removing the hard drives.

There is also a dual processor cheesegrater running Windoze under soft PC so I could run NAVS from the warehouse & distribution days .

I don't programe any more , I found it both tedious & cumbersome particularly as I had to be conversant with 3 different OS's because UNSW ran an IMB 360 when I was an undergraduate & post graduate student. the Institute of Technology ( now UTS ) ran Cobal also on a 360 and TAFE ran Dec PDP 12 on Basic + when I was both a student & teacher there so I never became really proficient in any of them .

R

Rivets

My only experience with programming was back when we had to punch holes in cards to get the computer to do something. I have no idea what you guys are talking about and my brain is dead trying to understand the posts. I hope that the administration is working on finding a solution to this problem. Would definitely help this village idiot.

tom3

tom3

I remember those punch cards too. We had a plate burner that we programmed with the punch tape deal. Pretty amazing machine back in the day, but some work in getting the program together. Site is working fine today, so far.

Edit - spoke too soon, it's back.

B

bertsmobile1

I go back a little further than that, Started off with optical mark cards being fed into a Wattfive compiler. Hundreds of hours with a chisel pointed 4B pencil then every one separated by a sheet of dunny paper to prevent them smudging.
No tool box in those days so every routine & sub routine had to be loaded in every time you ran a program thus you ended up with a stack of cards 2 foot tall, only to find one of the cards had smudged so the compiler tossed it out at line 3000 & something.
We were allowed 15 minutes of compiler time a week & 1 minute of computer time a week which sound quite small but the 360 ( which is very slow by todays standards could churn through around 100,000,000,000 lines in that minute. Ten years latter of course it was obsolete & being used to run the library as a stand alone application and probably paid for itself in library fines..
Next evolution was magnetic cards, basically a punch card with a stripe on the back so the compiler could read it faster and of course you could edit them if you made a transcription mistake.
By that time we had advanced to the 8 bit word and fixed routines started to be used and having a tool box was wonderful.
Industry down here used a lot DEC PDP's with no compiler so the front pannel had nothing but 8 on off switched and an enter button.
The PDP's were great because you could tie them into analog sensors like thermo couples to control furnaces & thickness gauges & pressure gauges to control rolling mills.

By the time I had left industry the same computers that I had been programming to do real work were sitting on the side of the road running traffic lights before we got them all connected to a main frame.

Anywhat memory lane is fine but once again it is too painfully slow to struggle with badly written scripts so I will see again mark everything as read & see you lot latter

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Now it only takes about 10-15 seconds to start typing, use to take at least 30 seconds. sometimes a minute or more.

B

bertsmobile1

Same again this morning.So it looks like it will be My Tractor Forum & Jack Small Engine forum for breakfast again today
See you lot tomorrow,,,,,, perhaps

S

slomo

For me on two different internet providers and you guessed it two different computers, it is only happening on this web site. One machine at work is the lovely Windowz 10 on multiple Gig fiber connections and at home Cox cable modem running Linux. Can't get much different than that. THIS site is running slow with all the ads. Once the ads load you can cruise along. Go to another page and let's wait a while, till the ads load.

slomo

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Tired of this

R

Rivets

No different today than yesterday than all week.

D

DK35vince

Been having problems reading anything on this site for days

My problem just started tonite. Yes I run FF. & I can't get to my home page, but I can go everywhere else.. Go Figure..

I

ILENGINE

Sometimes for me it works fine and the next I have to wait up to a minute before I can click on a thread link, other times I can go through about three pages and then have to wait up to a minute for the back button to go to the previous page, and get the page not responding box most of the time.

Found my issue, A water main break in Atlanta cut off my ISP email, last night. But I could go here & Ebay etc.

A

Alaguy

This is the only site that is freezing up for me, and I have ad blocker running. This problem started 3 or 4 days ago for me , I'm running Chrome. I guess I'll be gone for a while until this problem is resolved.

D

deminin

No slowdowns here....or anywhere else on the Web. I have 100MBS Fiber optic service, and run ABP to block the ads. Chrome, Firefox, and MS Edge are all doing great, and I use Chrome for 90% of my browsing.

No slowdowns here either. But I have my settings set to STRICT. So I don't see any ads or BS.

cpurvis

cpurvis

Right now ABP shows 21 ads being blocked. A sampling of other sites I use show from 1 up to 7. This site is being bombarded with ads.

StarTech

StarTech

Here the number of ads being blocked here with Noscript set with temporary premissions.
ABP results here with NoScript temporary disabled.JPG

B

bertsmobile1

It is not the actaul number of adds that are being loaded.
They are using 1 less container than before.
There used to be continious galley adds on both sides of the page plus a strip add in the page & a strip add under the page.
The left hand galley add has been abandoned and the right hand galley add is now a single add where as before it was continous strip so we got several add one on top of another. .
Now there is a single galley container on the right with a single add in it
The problem is the strip adds that appear in the text & below it.
I have been monitoring this morning while having a cuppa and again it is the script that is snooping on your computer to decide which adds to load that is taking all of the processing time.
The retrevial of the adds happens so fast I can barely read the links then we get "waiting for lawnworld" for up to 5 seconds then a response from an add server in under a second then back to "waiting for lawnworld "
This cycles through for near a minute then once LAWNWORLD has decided what they want you to see ( or who they will be billing for the adds ) the page behaves normally and this included refreshing the displayed adds every 15 to 30 seconds.
There is no delay when this is happening so it is not network congestion it is Lawnworlds poorly written script and the fact that it runs each & every time a page is opened where as it should only run once per session.
Or it is Enzoic's cleverly written script that lawnworld has blindly installed that is snooping on your drive ( and I think mail ) to harvest information while pretending to be assembling adds.

The galley adds load fine & quickly the problem is with the bannar adds , same as before when the bannar adds did not have a fixed display size so the window continually redrew so the page was impossible to navigate around with a mouse.
SO there is a 4 second window from the time you open a window before the bannar add hyjacks your processor so if you open a page, view it & close it within 4 seconds you get a normal viewing experience.

THis current attempt to raise revenue will probably be the end of this forum.
If I had a problem I could not understand with my mower & was seeking help the last thing i would want i to have a problem with a forum that I was seeking help from and it will only take a few weeks of this to push all of the traffic from this site to other
sites , Jacks forum has been growing substantially as has outdoor equipment & even My Mower Forum while this one is getting smaller every day.

And once again I am out of here for today.
Sorry for all those I may have been able to assist but trying to help others with both hands tied behind my back is a bridge too far.
See you all tomorrow, perhaps.

R

Rivets

Mine locked up twice on me tonight.

S

slomo

Mine locked up twice on me tonight.
BUT did you enjoy looking at all the new car, motorcycles, home mortgage loans, furniture ads, the stop using toilet paper ads and those sexy new summer blouses in some skinny girls size? :rolleyes: Go to another PAGE and you will get more love.

slomo

NorthBama

NorthBama

I am old and slow but this site is ridiculous

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

My Adblocker blocks between 19 and 28 ads on here.... That's alot... most forums im on have one or two per side.

B

bertsmobile1

Good morning all.
See noting has changed.
Don't care about adds I can ignore them without any problems and there is nothing on this computer or in the emails on this computer that will cause me any grief if it ends up being circulated throughout the moron internet circles.
Which is another reason why the browsing computer is not used of tax, business or personal finance nor for confidential personal communications.
However when some thing i did for pleasure / relaxiation and others could benefit from becomes an onerous task then I am out of here.
If I want my life to become impossibly difficult I could ask my wife if there is anything she would like to be done.
SO I am off today a lot better things to do with my time that watch a frozen screen for hours every morning.
IF Lawnworld / ezoic really wanted this to stop it should have & could have been fixed well & truely by now.
It is only a matter of every new page asking if a new cookie has been installed then accepting what is in it every time a new displays
See you tomorrow , perhaps.

S

slomo

You guys need to install ad blocker plus. On this page it is blocking 26 ads right now.

slomo

R

Rivets

Screen locked up every time I tried to open a second thread yesterday, neede to restart the site each time. Gave up and went to watch paint dry. Started the IPad up to day and guess what happens, you are right, locked up twice. After posting this I’m done for today, as it is getting worse now not better.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I've been on for about 6 minutes, hasn't frozen on me yet.
Firefox.

NorthBama

NorthBama

slow as molasses on a winter day :confused:

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Getting tired of the browser jacking. May have to slide out till this gets changed. 2 kinds of people come here. Those looking for help and those offering help. I hope the mods realize many of the people offering help are going to quit the forum due to the browser jacking. When enough of the people offering help leave so will the people asking for help. Less clicks, less views, less revenue. Are you listening?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

froze up for a minute then unfrozen, then within a few seconds frozen again

S

slomo

Ad Blocker Plus is blocking 32 ads on this page right now.

slomo

B

bertsmobile1

Just like Hammer & Rivets
This is the only page I have opened today & will be the last
See you lads tomorrow , perhaps .

S

slomo

T h is si t e is do i n g g r e at ri g ht no w .

sssssl o m o

tom3

tom3

Still screwed up here.

R

Rivets

A little slow here yet, but no lockup’s.

S

slomo

Think if some of you guys get off dial-up you will be fine. Only 23 ads blocked right now on THIS page. Moderator must be getting the message. LOL

slomo

R

Rivets

Slomo, I don’t have a dialup system and never needed an ad blocker. I have no idea of why I should get something to be able to enjoy a single website. Never needed it before and when problems have occurred on this site in the passed, the admin has been able to solve them over time. Patience is something us old farts have a lot of and it will get solved without me getting an APP. Us old farts are not part of the generation which needs instant gratification, slow and steady wins the race, but we will cry if it is too slow.

NorthBama

NorthBama

I dont have this problem with other forums
I am gone see you guys in a few weeks to see if this site is any better

B

bertsmobile1

And I am one with Rivets on this.
IT is a shame because it is not a difficult problem to sort out from a coding point of view.
So there must be a financial reason why it has persisted for so long and these are of course the problem
Those on here who are older & using older computers are not the market the advertisers want so if we all leave because it is too frustrating to try to help people on this site then the advertisers would probably see it as a win not a loss because they will be in touch with more of their target audience.

In any case I am out of here again today I did notice the increasing number of unread posts that have gone a day or more with no answer plus all the ones with only 1 answer which is probably Catherine so a good thing will die.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I read a few posts till it all slowed to a crawl. I will check back every few days to see if it goes back to normal. Won't be offering any help. I participate in quite a few forums. This is the only one with this problem. Hey moderators, is the ad revenue that important? I get just as many ads on other forums without this problem. The silence about this is deafening.

StarTech

StarTech

If you are only reading and if using No Script then turn off Fetch for lawnmowersforum.com but you will need to turn it back on to post.

cpurvis

cpurvis

Advertising is the root of all evil.

R

Rivets

Slow still but no lock ups this morning.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Well was doing fine, then when i came to say "It's doing pretty good this morning" it locked up for about 20 seconds. But it seems better.

S

slomo

Slow still but no lock ups this morning.
Weren't you leaving this forum in protest? :D

You can't keep away from all your buddies here LOL. Glad to have you back Rivets. (y)

slomo

R

Rivets

In which post did I say I was leaving the forum? Patience is my old farts forte. I’m betting the admin will figure this out and I won’t need an ad blocker. It has locked up once this afternoon and is quite slow now.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

It has stopped locking up for me on my Computer as much.. just locked on me now for about 5 seconds.
does it ALOT on my tablet. I've noticed whenever it locks up, the only time it locks is when my adblock shows 19 ads blocked, but it NEVER locks up when it sometimes shows 18 ads blocked.... so i guess its just a certain ad from an ad company locking it. ??

I

ILENGINE

Waited about 30 seconds after clicking on new post to open this thread. About another 10 seconds to open this link,. another 20 seconds before it would let me start typing. I am showing 17 ads blocked.

S

slomo

It has stopped locking up for me on my Computer as much.. just locked on me now for about 5 seconds.
does it ALOT on my tablet. I've noticed whenever it locks up, the only time it locks is when my adblock shows 19 ads blocked, but it NEVER locks up when it sometimes shows 18 ads blocked.... so i guess its just a certain ad from an ad company locking it. ??
Yup, these ads come servers from all over the world. Internet itself is congested now everyone is "working from home" LOL. Losers like me on mower forums and Youtube LOL. This site still requests ads for every page. Ad Blocker blocks them only when they are about to load up. Page is waiting on some sneaker ad to come in is what the pausing is all about. We are blocking 32 ads on this page now. :rolleyes:

slomo

B

bertsmobile1

In which post did I say I was leaving the forum? Patience is my old farts forte. I’m betting the admin will figure this out and I won’t need an ad blocker. It has locked up once this afternoon and is quite slow now.

And I am not leaving yet
but until this is fixed I have no intention of looking at a locked screen for hours every morning .
It is exactly the same script that is causing the windows to hang and consuming ll of the processor time as it was in the beginning .
Nothing has changed

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: https://www.lawnmowerforum.com…abbit/surgeon_orig.js?cb=188-0:1

Some of the adds are downloading quicker which is good but they are not the problem.
I can still scroll & read messages while the adds ae downloading or changing but while that script is running the entire processor is fully occupied.
Unless you have a bit of understanding about how the beige boxes work that will mean nothing but to consume that much processing power the script is doing a lot of work.
Rendering a poster sized image in photo shop only used about 30% of the processor yet an HTML script which is supposed to be very processor efficient gobbles up over 95% of the processor ?
So what is it doing ?
In the same amount of time using the same amount of processing power I could be sending a 1Mb email individuallly to every email address on the planet .

So once again it is good morning gentlemen and see you tomorrow because I do not have the time to sit here watching a frozen screen for over an hour.

R

Rivets

Admin, it would be greatly appreciated if you would let us know that you are working on resolving this problem. As you can see it is getting very frustrating to the members who are trying to help members with problems. Most of us have the patience, but a few are starting to loose it. Thank you for your efforts.

S

slomo

Welcome to the best mower forum with a TON OF ADS on the planet. We allow free shopping with a minimum of 30 ads per page on this site. Get all your Christmas shopping done early right here. If you need a new ladies swimsuit, we can help. Home mortgage loan, check. Dog collars, we got those here too. It's like mower help and tips along with Ebay and Amazon all in one site. LOL

slomo

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

My phone is faster than the computer but still........ t h i n g s a r e s s l l l o o o o w w w w. Time better spent on other forums. Lots of questions and not may answers today.

B

bertsmobile1

Good morning fellow sufferers.
To all of you who have helped me directly and to all who have provided entry to portals that I did not know about so I could acquire the information needed to get up to speed.
You all have my never ending thanks and deepest gratitude.
However there is a limit to my patience and that has now been exceeded .
The add positoning / snooping softwear is chewing up so much on my processor that the text appears on the screen around 30 characters after I have typed it .
So this reply has been better that 3 minutes in the typing alone .
No honest add placing softwear should consume that much processor time .
It is fairly obvious that there is more going on than meets the eye and the lack of any response from the administrattion sort of sums things up
So it is good by from me

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I agree with Bert, lack of communication from mods about this indicates this is the new normal which is unacceptable . Adios amigos.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

My Time's not as valuable as theirs, I'm sticking around for a bit...
Just an excuse for me to sit around ;)

For anyone using Firefox's latest version browser, you can change the settings in Privacy & Security to "Strict" & it will eliminate any ads altogether..

Just FYI.

R

Rivets

Admin, no one have time to give us an update on the problem we are having? At least say you are working on the problem would be appreciated. Those us a bone please.

cpurvis

cpurvis

bert, rivets, hammer et al--I understand the frustration.

I run Firefox 77.0.1 64-bit. I assume this is the latest version because it updates itself. I also run Adblock Plus. Right now, it's showing 19 things being blocked.

The time between banners varies a lot. This morning, I haven't seen one yet. When one pops up, I click on the 'stop it' button and I'm able to resume. I have never been hung up for the length of time that some posters mention.

I know it's frustrating, but if you try Firefox and AdBlock, you should have the same result as me, which is Not Perfect, But Not Terribly Bad, Either.

Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. But if you're set on leaving, please check in from time to time to see if the issue has been resolved. Your experience and knowledge are too valuable to kiss goodbye.

StarTech

StarTech

Current FF is 78.0.1 64 bit but no difference. Still got delays unless I disable JavaScript; then of course, I lose the JavaScript items. But not much of a problem as long as I just type. Actually with Java off I have zero ads being blocked by ABP.

Meanwhile I go back to mowing the 6 acres here. I got some waist high grass. Even what I just cut last Sunday is already six inches taller then where I am cutting down to. Boy it is growing is this hot rainy weather here.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I use my android phone. I check every day to see if anything has been addressed. We can only assume that this is not a problem but rather intentional on the part of the forum owners. They are not here because they feel philanthropic. They are here because the forum is a revenue generator for them. I understand that and it costs me nothing to be on this forum but i participate in other forum that include many ads. None of those do what this site does. Since the owners of the forum have decided to run whatever scripts for whatever reason i chose to not contribute assistance. Call me a jerk if you want but just the way it is.

R

Rivets

Telling me I need to change browsers and add an ad blocker is unacceptable. I have no problems with any other sires. We are talking about the members who use the site the most often (About a dozen) and they are the ones who provide 95% of the answers being asked. On top of that the admin is not even taking the time to tell us they are working on it. I’m starting to assume we are not even near the top of the list of members they want here. They post that there are 97,000+ members, of which 96,900 don’t show up anymore, so why worry about the 12 of us? You are close to burning this bridge if something doesn’t change soon.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Horrible this morning.. Freezes up for about 1 minute then works fine for a few seconds then it freezes up again...
?

tom3

tom3

I wonder if that banner is a sort of click bait, see how many respond by clicking on stop or wait in the message? Has to be some reason for that to continue interrupting the forum.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

47cs72.jpg

bert, rivets, hammer et al--I understand the frustration.

I run Firefox 77.0.1 64-bit. I assume this is the latest version because it updates itself. I also run Adblock Plus. Right now, it's showing 19 things being blocked.

The time between banners varies a lot. This morning, I haven't seen one yet. When one pops up, I click on the 'stop it' button and I'm able to resume. I have never been hung up for the length of time that some posters mention.

I know it's frustrating, but if you try Firefox and AdBlock, you should have the same result as me, which is Not Perfect, But Not Terribly Bad, Either.

Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. But if you're set on leaving, please check in from time to time to see if the issue has been resolved. Your experience and knowledge are too valuable to kiss goodbye.

Firefox latest is 78.0.1 (64 bit)... If you change the settings to "Strict" from "Standard" you will get NO ADS..

tom3

tom3

Do you get locked out of many sites because of the adblocker? I'm starting to get a lot of this with the Ghostery blocker.

cpurvis

cpurvis

Do you get locked out of many sites because of the adblocker? I'm starting to get a lot of this with the Ghostery blocker.
I have not noticed being locked out of anything.

Same here. I'm not even having trouble here.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

The only places I've been locked out of is news websites for having the ad block.
This thing froze up on me 3 times to write this.
Gettin old...

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

At the bottom of this page is a tab that says 'contact I just used it to hopefully get a hold of the webmaster/Admin staff...

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

pretty bad this morning, as usual.

R

Rivets

No changes here, still slow. Plus I don’t see where the Admin has replied to any of the threads, saying they are working on the problem. Must be working hard to solve it and don’t have time to respond????

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Not too swift this morning.

Seems last time the Admin was here was on Jun 24, 2020..

So don't hold yer breath.. Or, send him a direct PM

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Seems last time the Admin was here was on Jun 24, 2020..

So don't hold yer breath.. Or, send him a direct PM
I sent an email via the contact us page night before last... No reply as of yet.

R

Rivets

I don’t like to PM because everyone should see the answer.

Good point.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Hasn't frozen up once today!!

tom3

tom3

Just did here. Oh well.

R

Rivets

No lockups here, but still slow.

flyerdan

flyerdan

It's not just here, I've been getting it all over. I was suspecting that it might have been my weather bug or ad blocker, glad that it appears not to be the case.

StarTech

StarTech

Doesn't look anyone is going fix problem anytime soon so I am taking a break from the forum. And will come back around August 1 to see they fixed the problem. Tire of fighting the problem.

I

ILENGINE

It's not just here, I've been getting it all over. I was suspecting that it might have been my weather bug or ad blocker, glad that it appears not to be the case.
I was getting it on the Rural King page and another forum yesterday. Forum pages wouldn't load completely, and the Rural King page would load the header part of the page and then just spin and spin.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

frozen up on me 5 times since posting earlier.

I

ILENGINE

had to wait about 30 seconds before it would let me click to start typing this message. Also have to wait up to a minute when I hit the back button to click the next thread, and then another 30-45 seconds to load the next page after clicking that link.

M

Muhammad

Working on this. It's happening to me too.

M

Muhammad

I'm sorry for the delay on this. Very rare set of circumstances have kept me away from work for a couple of weeks now. This issue should now be resolved.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Been working good so far, PC and tablet!

R

Rivets

Seems to be back to normal. Thank you

tom3

tom3

It's a miracle I tell ya!

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I guess i will put the mask back on and join back in the crowd here.

Hopefully Bert & some others come back..

StarTech

StarTech

Seems to be fixed now. As I got JavaScript turned back on here without the hang ups.

StarTech

StarTech

But it is still one of the most ad laden sites that I have ever used. If it weren't the tools I use here I would seeing up to 200+ ads per session. Between the two programs I see none of them accept when I need to post images then one programs blocks the 200+ ads as it takes me close to 15 minutes to put a post together.

I see no ads at all, but have FF 97.0.1 latest turned up to "Strict" filtering..

StarTech

StarTech

Even at strict there are ads trying to get through. ABP is stopping them.
1645875596131.png

Not any of that here on my unit.......

StarTech

StarTech

Oh well I at least I am not seeing the ads as they are blocked. ABP shows no ads when the lawnmower forum script is being blocked but I must allow it temporary to post images.

I am using FF in strict mode.
1645939124812.png

Anyway someone is probably paying for the ads that are not being displayed here.

Interesting, I don't have to make any changes to post pics.

Attachments

StarTech

StarTech

That probably because you are not running NoScript like I am. When I allow the lawnmowerforum.com script to run is when AdBlockPlus has to kick in blocking all the ads. I am also blocking the amazon-adsystem.com and threadloom.com scripts. I get enough junk email from Amazon as it is.

interesting....