A web page is slowing down your browser

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to the best mower forum with a TON OF ADS on the planet. We allow free shopping with a minimum of 30 ads per page on this site. Get all your Christmas shopping done early right here. If you need a new ladies swimsuit, we can help. Home mortgage loan, check. Dog collars, we got those here too. It's like mower help and tips along with Ebay and Amazon all in one site. LOL

slomo

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My phone is faster than the computer but still........ t h i n g s a r e s s l l l o o o o w w w w. Time better spent on other forums. Lots of questions and not may answers today.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good morning fellow sufferers.
To all of you who have helped me directly and to all who have provided entry to portals that I did not know about so I could acquire the information needed to get up to speed.
You all have my never ending thanks and deepest gratitude.
However there is a limit to my patience and that has now been exceeded .
The add positoning / snooping softwear is chewing up so much on my processor that the text appears on the screen around 30 characters after I have typed it .
So this reply has been better that 3 minutes in the typing alone .
No honest add placing softwear should consume that much processor time .
It is fairly obvious that there is more going on than meets the eye and the lack of any response from the administrattion sort of sums things up
So it is good by from me

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree with Bert, lack of communication from mods about this indicates this is the new normal which is unacceptable . Adios amigos.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
My Time's not as valuable as theirs, I'm sticking around for a bit...
Just an excuse for me to sit around ;)

Lawn Addict
Threads
For anyone using Firefox's latest version browser, you can change the settings in Privacy & Security to "Strict" & it will eliminate any ads altogether..

Just FYI.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Admin, no one have time to give us an update on the problem we are having? At least say you are working on the problem would be appreciated. Those us a bone please.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
bert, rivets, hammer et al--I understand the frustration.

I run Firefox 77.0.1 64-bit. I assume this is the latest version because it updates itself. I also run Adblock Plus. Right now, it's showing 19 things being blocked.

The time between banners varies a lot. This morning, I haven't seen one yet. When one pops up, I click on the 'stop it' button and I'm able to resume. I have never been hung up for the length of time that some posters mention.

I know it's frustrating, but if you try Firefox and AdBlock, you should have the same result as me, which is Not Perfect, But Not Terribly Bad, Either.

Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. But if you're set on leaving, please check in from time to time to see if the issue has been resolved. Your experience and knowledge are too valuable to kiss goodbye.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Current FF is 78.0.1 64 bit but no difference. Still got delays unless I disable JavaScript; then of course, I lose the JavaScript items. But not much of a problem as long as I just type. Actually with Java off I have zero ads being blocked by ABP.

Meanwhile I go back to mowing the 6 acres here. I got some waist high grass. Even what I just cut last Sunday is already six inches taller then where I am cutting down to. Boy it is growing is this hot rainy weather here.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use my android phone. I check every day to see if anything has been addressed. We can only assume that this is not a problem but rather intentional on the part of the forum owners. They are not here because they feel philanthropic. They are here because the forum is a revenue generator for them. I understand that and it costs me nothing to be on this forum but i participate in other forum that include many ads. None of those do what this site does. Since the owners of the forum have decided to run whatever scripts for whatever reason i chose to not contribute assistance. Call me a jerk if you want but just the way it is.