24HP V-Twin B&S - Fault driving me CRAZY!

suparoood

Threads
Hey Neo7! I just read through this entire story. I feel your pain as I'm going through it now as well, other than I can get my parts quickly! I'm seeing that you basically went through the same hell I am currently going through, though my pop popping occasionally is louder than a sneeze, and can be a pretty good backfire. If I understand your post #176, you had 2 problems correct? Basically the manifold was the fault originally, but you couldn't find that as the issue, because your cheapo replacement carb was also garbage, and spray around intake didn't show results? So once you reused the original carb on the new manifold, the problem went away? If so this suggests it was the original problem (as well as the OEM carb maybe needing cleaning/rebuild etc.).

In a nutshell
1. OEM carb needed rebuild/cleaning
2. Manifold leaked somewhere somehow, but didn't show up with spray (same as mine - and I've done this test countless times in automotive, I'm confident I'm doing it correctly)
3. Cheap carb was crap and hid the fact that you actually fixed it with a new aluminum intake?

I have purchased a carb from JD dealer, which is a briggs part, so I highly doubt this is an issue like yours was. But I'm not a fan of the plastic intake, nor the O ring on it. I just want to be sure that I understood you fix as appropriately as possible. And is there a chance you or anyone here has a part number for this manifold?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT is all about making the engines cheaper and that is because Joe Public is too cheap for his own good.
The problem with most of the plastic manifolds I have come across is they have been done up way too tight
When that happens the flange will warp when the manifold gets hot.
There is a reason why the bolts have locktite on them and not lock washers.