Z master 6000 spindles

bbbobbbo69

Threads
Same as Star.
Fitted Nitto connector to the compressor and got a much better response .
Next trick was to change the line from the compressor to the tank to a bigger diameter solid copper tube with reducer bushings both ends so it would bolt up.
Now that you have them off.
make sure you pull them off at least once every season .
Both the nuts self tighten in use co by regularly removing the blades for sharpening you prevent the nuts over tightening .
I try to encourage my customers to buy 2 sets of blades, one on the mower & one set sharpened and ready to be fitted so when the blades become dull it is only a 10 minute job to swap blades & finish mowing.
Next question is what size deck are you running ?
All of my customers with Z masters & Titans are now running substitute belts, either Hustler or Exmark deck belts depending upon the deck size they seem to run fine and are as little as 1/2 the Toro price.
IF you are mowing for a living then a fresh set of sharp blades at least weekly if not daily will make a big difference.
Not only will the mower cut better but you will also be able to cut quicker .
As you have little control over the ground that the mower will be running over you also need those spare blades in the truck just in case you find that hidden star picket end , not fully rotted fence post or tree stump.
Ditto for a spare belt or two ,
All bar 2 of my commercial customers do this and their mowers are a doddle to service.
As for the 2 who run a set till they are stumps and leave a 4" wide uncut strip between blades, the less said about them the better , but their nuts get cut off & replaced if the impact will not knock them off in a couple of minutes.
IF you can't find a block of hardwood to lock the blades then get a blade holder that clamps onto the deck rim for doing blades in the field .
Also get a ring spanner to fit the nuts for field changes as they tend not to pop off when being pushed by your foot like a socket will.
A lot cheaper than a battery impact that will always be in the wrong place when you need it if you have a ramp set up that allows you clean access to the deck ( most use full with ramps which don't )

Cheers mate, yeah it's a 60" deck & I hear ya about the blades. As I've got a few sites of irrigated turf obviously like to have prime blades. Also got a load of vacant block jobs leading up to start of fire season so I've always had 2 sets of blades .I will stick with Toro blades as I did source some ring in Gator blades off Ebay that were piss weaker than a butter knife & the last straw was when my far left blade snapped 1/3 off end & shot back into the main tyre. I'm a fan of that tyre slime that I put into my spare that seemed to have a weep in it but the fist size hole left in that pummelled tyre was er.... asking too much. Lol ! Near fell over when quoted $330 for new 24"x12"x12" tyre !
Also gd. advice on the ring spanner & bit of calf muscle grunt for out in field that i was already alert to having been shown many moons ago back in my Council days fanging around on front deck Toro Groundmaster's.
I'm loading the Z up & taking it out for job today & I have swapped belts over to one I got from US that's OEM specs so it says. Placed the order on 4th & missed postie people trying to deliver it on 20th which I thought wasn't too bad being Xmas & all & with postage, customs etc. was exactly half price of a Toro(alleged) belt.
All spot on advice that I couldn't agree more with. Cheers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Does your mower take the #114-4420 ,$ 235 , 202.75" belt or the #105-8783 , $ 264 , 242" belt ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So it's a B 196,25" belt.
I sub the Hustler 784207 belt for that one
At 195" it is a little shorter but a lot cheaper at $ 110 Aus to my customers.
When you get to these lengths +/- 2" makes SFA difference

bbbobbbo69

Threads
so far so gd. with this US belt on but cheers for info. I'll keep in mind.
I won't be rude & continue my new problems on here I shall start another thread** hint hint ol' mate bertsmobile1** Lol !