Wide open throttle

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You do not seem to understand how a governed engine works
The governor tries to STOP the engine
This is proportional, the faster the engine spins the harder the governor arm pulls against the spring
When the engine is off then the governor arm is at rest because the engine is stopped which is what the governor is set to do
When you move the throttle control you stretch the governor spring and once the engine starts to revolve it is a tug-O-War between the spring and the governor
When the engine starts to revolve the governor will close down so the throttle lever will be against the throttle stop marked with the red arrow in your photos.

Last edited:

jjt0883

Threads
remove the carb there is problem with doing that. The studs coming out from the intake are so long that pulling the carb straight off can't happen because of frame issues. They dropped the engine I after attaching the carb. anyone know the work around or do I need to disassemble the bottom of the carb

jjt0883

Threads
Did a quick look no plate or screw to be seen. trying to get around the frame problem

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am not following you with the stud problem & am yet to see a mower where the frame prevents the carb from being removed
It is a problem I regularly come across with fire pumps & generators where the solution is to pull the studs out
When I refit these I use a pair of bolts to hold everything together then replace them one at a time with the original studs so all of the gaskets & such stay is place .

jjt0883

Threads
the Fuel Shut-Off Solenoid is below the top of the frame and the carb studs go out pass the edge of the frame rail. How does the Fuel Shut-Off Solenoid come off or how do the studs come out is the question?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post a couple of pictures so we better understand your problem.

jjt0883

Threads
Have to wait for photos, wife runs camera. the carb rests of the studs and moves forwards to be removed. the Fuel Shut-Off Solenoid attached to the bottom of the carb is lower than the frame rail which sits in front and below the carb itself but in front of the stil lattached Fuel Shut-Off Solenoid. So the carb can't be pulled off of the studs. I need to remove either the Fuel Shut-Off Solenoid or the studs. One stud seem to wiggle while the other is tight and I have no idea how to remove the Fuel Shut-Off Solenoid need to know how to remove

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We’ve got plenty of time to wait, keep the better half happy, don’t push her, we’re married too.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
how did we go from a governor failure issue to a carb removal? I seem to have missed that.