which to get, cordless or corded under $200

There is also the cost of electricity each time you recharge the battery. But that is also pretty cheap, I seem to remember figuring about $0.25 per charge once when I used a meter to measure the charge cycle on my Black & Decker mower.

If you are figuring out $0.25 per charge you sure keep track of your money better then I do mine. I wouldn't even give it a thought. So charging the battery 8 or so times you could buy a quart of engine oil and the next 8 charges a gallon of gas.
 
I don't usually keep track of my money that well, but I do have an energy meter that will tell you how many kWh of energy any plug-in electronic device uses. You plug the energy meter into a regular outlet, then plug any device (in this case, the battery charger for the mower) into the energy meter, and take a reading when the battery has finished charging. $0.25 is the number I remember, after factoring in my local rate for electricity.

I also took a reading over a few days to see how much just keeping a battery on trickle charge costs, and I think it came out to a few dollars a year. That would be for no mowing, just keeping the battery on the charger continuously.

Wish I remembered the numbers better, but when I realized the electricity was costing me next to nothing I didn't give it much more thought.
 
Back
Top