which to get, cordless or corded under $200

lisij

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello people, im new to this forum!!!
now, i decided to go electric, since my petrol mower died on me today, i thought to give an electric a try..
my yard it is small enough, grass is not looked after, it just grows as SHE wants :)
could someone recommend any lawn mower cordless or corded best out of those that are under 200$
thank you for all your help

now currently i have these model to choose from:
Bosch 43, 40, 37, 34 models all of them are corded
and
Worx 24v 36 wide cut cordless
all of them are in the same price range, some 50-80$ cheaper
would any of you guys can say anything about these?

Last edited:

MowerMike

Threads
If you are wanting to buy new, there is nothing available in cordless under $200, although a few small cordless mowers can occasionally be found discounted on eBay or Amazon. The best deal on a corded mower is the Greenworks 21" mower available at Lowe's for under $200. How small is your yard in square feet ? This will determine the size mower you need.

lisij

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you are wanting to buy new, there is nothing available in cordless under $200, although a few small cordless mowers can occasionally be found discounted on eBay or Amazon. The best deal on a corded mower is the Greenworks 21" mower available at Lowe's for under $200. How small is your yard in square feet ? This will determine the size mower you need.

thnax, got myself an Worx 24v cordless mower from Amazon brand new, already received it, already mowed the lawn, what can i say, this is the best mower i ever had, quiet, hassle free, lightweight, although plasticly but if its get the job done, who cares.. hope the battery will last at least 2 years
thanx everyone for dropping by

Threads
thnax, got myself an Worx 24v cordless mower from Amazon brand new, already received it, already mowed the lawn, what can i say, this is the best mower i ever had, quiet, hassle free, lightweight, although plasticly but if its get the job done, who cares.. hope the battery will last at least 2 years
thanx everyone for dropping by

Glad you're happy with it!

Mark Widmer

Threads
thnax, got myself an Worx 24v cordless mower . . .
Welcome to the world of cordless electric mowers! :thumbsup:
.. hope the battery will last at least 2 years
With proper care, a battery should last 4 or 5 years. Without proper care, 1 or 2 years. The manual has information on caring for the battery, but the two main things are (1) keep the battery charged during the off-season, and (2) if the battery charge level gets too low while mowing, then stop, recharge the battery, and finish mowing later. The battery status LED is described on page 16 of the manual for the 14", 24V mower from Worx.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sure sound like the way to go if you have a small lawn. So even if you need battery's in a few years so is it going to be any more then the gas, oil and repairs on a gas mower? Only thing I can see you might need a little oil on the wheel bushings.

Mark Widmer

Threads
Sure sound like the way to go if you have a small lawn. So even if you need battery's in a few years so is it going to be any more then the gas, oil and repairs on a gas mower?
From an internet search, looks like it's about $85 to replace the Worx mower battery.

MowerMike

Threads
From an internet search, looks like it's about $85 to replace the Worx mower battery.

You can easily rebuild them with two 12V 5Ah SLA batteries for under $30.

Mark Widmer

Threads
Now that is cheaper then running a gas powered mower and a lot cleaner.
There is also the cost of electricity each time you recharge the battery. But that is also pretty cheap, I seem to remember figuring about $0.25 per charge once when I used a meter to measure the charge cycle on my Black & Decker mower.