Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!

biff.org

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone,

New here as we are closing on our new lake home mid-January. We will have 10 acres and I acquired the previous owners 2001 Exmark Lazer-Z with 72" deck. It does have the 26hp Kohler EFI, and have been told it is in good working condition with scheduled maintenance performed.

I feel I got a good deal on it, but will be reading up here to get the best cut I can given what it is. It's obvious the previous owner was going for speed, as that is a fair amount of grass for a home owner. Tips and suggestions are always welcome. I will hope to use the search function as well to avoid any pitfalls or other issues ahead of time.

For now, it needs a good cleaning, and possibly a seat cover. I will post up photos once I clean it up. I did notice that there are no belt covers on the deck. Maybe that vintage had none, but it seemed odd to be exposed.

Thanks everyone!

Mark in Minnesota

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey everyone,

New here as we are closing on our new lake home mid-January. We will have 10 acres and I acquired the previous owners 2001 Exmark Lazer-Z with 72" deck. It does have the 26hp Kohler EFI, and have been told it is in good working condition with scheduled maintenance performed.

I feel I got a good deal on it, but will be reading up here to get the best cut I can given what it is. It's obvious the previous owner was going for speed, as that is a fair amount of grass for a home owner. Tips and suggestions are always welcome. I will hope to use the search function as well to avoid any pitfalls or other issues ahead of time.

For now, it needs a good cleaning, and possibly a seat cover. I will post up photos once I clean it up. I did notice that there are no belt covers on the deck. Maybe that vintage had none, but it seemed odd to be exposed.

Thanks everyone!

Mark in Minnesota
A lot of people take the covers off to make it easier to blow debris out and to prevent friction fires.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A lot of people take the covers off to make it easier to blow debris out and to prevent friction fires.
Get yourself the longest air duster you can find.
Should be plenty around the 4' long mark.
Use these to clean the debris off the deck without having a grass bath.
If you don't have young children and take a little care then the pulley guards do nothing worth while.
On some decks they are effective belt keepers but on mowers with electric PTO's the belt should never come that loose.

llowe22

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for letting me join. I have a 2010 Laser Z w/a 54" deck. My problem is that I have a battery drain that I can't locate i.e., the battery drains very slowly even with the key out. Also, seem to have abnormal amount of acid corrosion around battery terminals. Any help would be appreciated.

AustinMac

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!
Hello everyone! Finally bought an Exmark/Toro that ive been wanting for a long time.. 60" deck.. should cut my 2 acres in no time. :)

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello everyone! Finally bought an Exmark/Toro that ive been wanting for a long time.. 60" deck.. should cut my 2 acres in no time. :)
Congratulations. Exactly what did you get?

AustinMac

Forum Newbie
Threads
Congratulations. Exactly what did you get?

Well i got a package of 3 that im going to be able to make 2 out of.. ones a 27hp Kawasaki liquid cooled and the others a 27hp kohler. Which one do you recommend? Both have Turbo Force 60" Decks

biff.org

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for letting me join. I have a 2010 Laser Z w/a 54" deck. My problem is that I have a battery drain that I can't locate i.e., the battery drains very slowly even with the key out. Also, seem to have abnormal amount of acid corrosion around battery terminals. Any help would be appreciated.
The previous owner of my Laser Z added a battery shut off switch. As he was having battery drain as well. He told me it was a known issue and this was the simple solution. Good luck!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well i got a package of 3 that im going to be able to make 2 out of.. ones a 27hp Kawasaki liquid cooled and the others a 27hp kohler. Which one do you recommend? Both have Turbo Force 60" Decks
I only have experience with my Exmark Turf Tracer that I still have and my Lazer Z HP that I sold last year with Tri-Vantage decks. Both air-cooled Kawasaki V Twin engines with no issues. I've never had a Kohler or liquid-cooled Kawasaki so I'm not really qualified to comment.

Hamlin57

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, new to posting and don’t have the skills on good posting yet. I have the S series 60” 2014 749cc 26.5 h.p. EFI Kohler 1250 hours with a miss in the engine but goes away when I turn engine on and off.runs a little rough and low power. Gas line in tank is clean , fuel filter is clean. So will be looking for help and will be reading a lot. Electric harness maybe?