Export thread

Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!

M

Muhammad

GREETINGS to all Exmark mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Exmark owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Exmark mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Exmark stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

J

jcarrel

I just purchased a new left-over 2011 Pioneer-S 52". I am also getting the Ultra-Vac system installed later this week. I have only used the Pioneer three times, but really love it so far.

G

gsines

Well, I just purchased a 2004 Lazer XP with 188 hours. I've got a Ford 1220 that has been a real workhorse for me for 20+ years (and continues to be), so I couldn't lay off the diesel. Looking forward to using it, but not sure when. We had nearly a foot of snow today in far western Maryland. Not exactly conducive to mowing.:wink:

K

kellysdad

thanks for the welcome. i call my mower "the frog" it is a 60" laser old but still runs good, that is untill lately. me thinks it is a bit ill. hopefuly i can get the help/info here.

L

luvatenor

Hi-I went to the wrong section I guess-I have a large piece of property with a 4 acre field. I was tired of using my Craftsman mower-like riding a bucking bronco. Eventually the hills and ruts destroyed the stamped deck(took me almost 4 hours to mow), so I decided to make my life easier, and got an incredible deal on this 72" Exmark diesel. It took me(after a brutal 10 minute learning curve) about 20 minutes to mow the entire field-I am happy. Here are 2 pics of the new mower-cleaned it up since then-looks new now.

Attachments

R

RickPerkins

Hi I'm Rick I just got a 2008 Laser 52in. with 23 HP Kohler. So far so good. It has 177 hours. Smokes a little on start up after sitting. Installed fuel shutoff and seems to have fixed the issue.

scott47429

scott47429

hey all you guys need to join the Exmark owners group and welcome to all

R

Ray H

Hello everyone,
My name is Ray and I have a 52" Exmark hp and I have had it several years now. I do all the maintenance on it and possibly sharpen blades maybe too much. It cuts like carpet everytime.

thanks for letting me join,

Ray Horton

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hello everyone,
My name is Ray and I have a 52" Exmark hp and I have had it several years now. I do all the maintenance on it and possibly sharpen blades maybe too much. It cuts like carpet everytime.

thanks for letting me join,

Ray Horton

:welcome: to LMF, Ray! :smile: Join the Exmark Owner's group if you would like: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/groups/exmark-owners.html

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

E

efleming50

Re: Thank you for the invite..Eric

Hello fellow Exmark owners and forum

I am a proud owner of a 99 Lazer Z 60" LZ25KC604 with Comander CH25S Kohler spec #PS-68606.
I put it to bed in the fall in working order and now she turns over with plenty of fuel, but no spark either side.
Stored outside under a tarp unfortunately.
I have spent hours on-line and phone to techs as it takes four donkeys to move it anywhere.
I have replaced both fuses and hit all connections with dielectric. Doesn't look like mice got into anything, but I can't seem to get the
plastic blower cover off. Been told to check the ignition modual, but can't get to it.
Just got off the phone with one bigger local Exmark service centers and he was helpful, but after I gave the spec # still didn't seem to know if it had one or two coils, etc. Even said the motor may have to come out..doesn't look that way.
I could use some direction and the grass is growing.
Thank you,
efleming50@myfairpoint.net

LawnDawg84

LawnDawg84

Hello Northern Kentuckian, teamed up with a leading Lawncare, Landscaping Company in Northern KY, 3 60" Lazers, 6 52" Turf tracers, 1 52" Standon exmark, 2 36" Exmarks Walk behinds. and also 4 60" walk behind Turf tracers.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hello Northern Kentuckian, teamed up with a leading Lawncare, Landscaping Company in Northern KY, 3 60" Lazers, 6 52" Turf tracers, 1 52" Standon exmark, 2 36" Exmarks Walk behinds. and also 4 60" walk behind Turf tracers.

Wow....I would LOVE to see a picture of all those great machines! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

LawnDawg84

LawnDawg84

Here ya go! missing about 4 or 5 of them in this pic!

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Here ya go! missing about 4 or 5 of them in this pic!

Wow! You have so many...and they are nice! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

P.S. I bet they cost a LOT!! :rolleyes:

LawnDawg84

LawnDawg84

Yeah they are expensive machines but a lot to take care of.... they average about 120 hours each a month.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Yeah they are expensive machines but a lot to take care of.... they average about 120 hours each a month.

Cool! :cool:

R

rpeter46

Hello, my name is Paul and I just inherited my father's 2005 Exmark LazerZ. I believe it is a 60", and it has a 27hp Kohler. I will have to be mowing about 7 acres of his 160 acre property with this machine. It has about 460 hours on it. I appreciate all the help and experience you guys have here!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hello, my name is Paul and I just inherited my father's 2005 Exmark LazerZ. I believe it is a 60", and it has a 27hp Kohler. I will have to be mowing about 7 acres of his 160 acre property with this machine. It has about 460 hours on it. I appreciate all the help and experience you guys have here!

:welcome: Welcome! Nice mower! :thumbsup:

T

trophyman

Hello everybody, greetings from sunny Florida. Got an old Lazer 60 that ran great till last w/e so I'm here trying to find some info.

K

kileyspop

Hi. I have an eXmark lazer Z which has been a great machine till now. Thus I am joining a forum for help.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Hi. I have an eXmark lazer Z which has been a great machine till now. Thus I am joining a forum for help.

:welcome: You can post your problem here: Exmark Forum

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

Hello guys and gals! I'm new to the Exmark brand and just purchased a (best I can tell) 1994 or 1995 Viking 48" 5-speed walk behind. It's a belt drive model and uses the older style cogged single v-belts.

I'm having trouble locating the serial number so if anyone here can enlighten me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Hello guys and gals! I'm new to the Exmark brand and just purchased a (best I can tell) 1994 or 1995 Viking 48" 5-speed walk behind. It's a belt drive model and uses the older style cogged single v-belts.

I'm having trouble locating the serial number so if anyone here can enlighten me, it would be greatly appreciated!

The Viking is Hydro i believe you have a Metro but the Number Should be right below the Transmission to the left :thumbsup:

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

The Viking is Hydro i believe you have a Metro but the Number Should be right below the Transmission to the left :thumbsup:

They made Vikings in belt drive too! Thanks for the response and I'll have a look. :thumbsup:

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

They made Vikings in belt drive too! Thanks for the response and I'll have a look. :thumbsup:

ohh did not know this thanks for your info :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

ohh did not know this thanks for your info :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think it may just be the older Vikings though.

This is my second belt-driven WB but I may switch to a hydro if I can find a steal on one over winter; I hear they're the cat's pajamas.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

if you get one get a floating deck best think for a wb ever imo

belt drives are great to but fixed deck on are okay

BustedKnuckles

BustedKnuckles

Here's my Viking 5 speed.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.624824217560781.1073741846.420579901318548&type=1

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Very Cool:thumbsup::thumbsup:

F

Firegoose

New guy here from Tenn, bought a used Exmark with some issues to hopefully repair and have a good mower in the end.

Jason

V

vernonator

New Guy from IA

New guy - have a 2011 ExMark LazerZ E-Series that I bought new and actually picked up at the factory in Beatrice!!!1 (buddy got me a deal thru his sister who works there). Mow 4acres and came from a Cub Cadet GT3224(love the tractor HATED the deck) that I still use for snow blowing.

ExMark mows GREAT and have had no issues over 3 seasons. Going to put the hitch kit on it to get away from using the Cub for my other tasks (spreading, spraying etc).

Mark

D

drumrooster

DRUMROOSTER

thanks for adding me me..xmark 60" zero turn..fuel pump issues??

K

ksmith0110

I have an old used Exmark Lazer Z 60". It came with a 23 hp motor, it was changed to 25 hp somewhere along the line, and I upgraded it to a 30 hp last year after losing a cylinder in the 25. It is a beast!

O

ole dummy

Hello, my name is Ricky, I have a laser z 44 inch cut that I bought new about 16 years ago. It has been a great mower with very few problems. Really like the forum, lots of info here.

Vanousb

Vanousb

photo 1.jpg
Names Vanous. Just got my first Exmark yesterday. It is a Pioneer S-Series 60 inch cut with 27 hp ZT740 Kohler engine. After much research and visiting dealers, this was the very best for my money and my 3 plus acre lawn (and father in laws yard/farm).

C

chuckyboy76

Exmark.jpgHi I'm Chuck. I just purchased my first Exmark. I got the 2014 Laser E-Series 52". So far I am really impressed.

Vanousb

Vanousb

Nice looking mower Chuck. You will be very happy with your buy. Looked at that same model when I started thinking about mower....after I road the S-Series demo, I was hooked and decided the size and speed would be better for my lawn.

C

Cepennington

I recently purchased a 2013 Exmark Laser Z X Series 60" with the 29 HP Kawasaki. It was a demo with 118 hours and came with a hitch kit, trash container, full suspension seat, and a jack that attaches to the front to easily change the blades.
I mow about 4 acres with it. I was looking for an E Series, but I got this demo X Series with the added accessories for roughly the price of the E Series. I love this mower.:thumbsup:

Attachments

Vanousb

Vanousb

Congrats on the great deal. Demo will have been maintained and well care for. First Exmark?

C

Cepennington

Congrats on the great deal. Demo will have been maintained and well care for. First Exmark?
Thanks,
Yes, this is my first Exmark. I have been researching Zero Turns for a few years now and decided Exmark was the way to go. This mower replaced a Craftsman 42". I cut my mowing time down from 4.5 hours to just over 1 hour. The comfort level is not even comparable.

Vanousb

Vanousb

That is how I was. Lots of research. Got mine lat week. Went form Cub Cadet ZTR 50 to Pioneer 60 inches S-Series. Cut form 3 hours to 1 on 3 acres. It is a very good ride compared to others, but still thinking of upgrading to Full Suspension seat if possible.

C

Cepennington

That is how I was. Lots of research. Got mine lat week. Went form Cub Cadet ZTR 50 to Pioneer 60 inches S-Series. Cut form 3 hours to 1 on 3 acres. It is a very good ride compared to others, but still thinking of upgrading to Full Suspension seat if possible.

I really like the seat. It was actually a major factor in my purchasing decision. I was looking at a 60" E Series Lazer at my local dealership. They wanted $9,200.00 + tax and an additional $600 for the seat upgrade. Or, he would do $10,200.00 + tax with a free seat upgrade for an S Series. If he had given me the seat upgrade for free that day, I would have purchased the E Series. Since they wouldn't, I kept looking. The next week I found the 60" X Series demo, with the seat I wanted, about 60 miles away for $9300.00 out the door. It was one of two units left at an equipment dealer that had decided to get out of the Exmark business. They still sell other brand mowers, just not red ones. If not for holding out for the right seat, I would not have gotten the great deal that I did.

T

TN Tophat

Exmark Lazer Z 2007 got used and now I am paying for it. lol

I am having troubles with the charging system and have narrowed it down to the stator but from looking at how the Kohler engine is installed it looks like I have to take the engine off the frame then remove the Fly Wheel/Stator. I am looking for a way to replace Stator without engine removal.

:confused2::confused2::confused2:

R

RCPlains

I'm Gary and last season I purchased a new Exmark Quest 50" ztr that I've never been thrilled with! The engine overheats when cutting tall grass and when doing sharp turns the tires tear up my yard.

djdicetn

djdicetn

I'm Gary and last season I purchased a new Exmark Quest 50" ztr that I've never been thrilled with! The engine overheats when cutting tall grass and when doing sharp turns the tires tear up my yard.

I take it that the Exmark is your first zero turn mower?? When you say it overheats can you describe better what it is doing that makes you think it has overheated? You say "when cutting tall grass".....the Quest is a high-end Residential ZTR, but most ZTR owner manuals will quote the "1/3 rule". It is recommended that you never cut more than 1/3 the total height of the uncut grass(i.e. if the grass is 3" high, set the deck height at 2"...cutting only 1" of the 3" height). My manual states further to never cut more than 2" in one pass. With that in mind, if you are cutting grass that is 6" tall with the deck set at 2" you can expect problems. Regarding the tires tearing up the yard...a "true zero turn" is difficult to achieve without a LOT of practice. What must be done is the lever on one side must be pushed slightly forward and at the same time the other lever must be pulled back slightly. The reason is that both tires must move in opposite directions or the side that is left "stationary" lets the tire tear the grass as it spins in place creating divots in the grass. I got pretty good at this after a while, but still occasionally left a divot so I have begun using what is referred to as a "Y turn". Below is a link to the Scag webpage that describes how to do that and has a diagram at the bottom of the webpage showing how to do it. Try that and see if it fixes the problem with tearing up your yard:

403 Forbidden

G

GreenStuff

Green Stuff Lawn is a big fan of the Exmark commercial mowers. We use one on every large job we have.

P

postunit

Exmark 30 just delivered a little over a week ago. I've cut my lawn just twice with it...so far so good - it's definitely a beast. The wider mower deck, speed of the mower and blade speed have cut my mowing time almost in half...more than I had hoped for. It's a bit easier to handle than I anticipated too...guess that's going to be up to each individual operator though. My yard is just over half an acre with some pretty steep inclines and obstacles. Thumbs up for now.

M

mtothero

Greetings All:

I have an Exmark Metro that is several years old and has given me no problems - until now. I will post that in a separate forum.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Greetings All:

I have an Exmark Metro that is several years old and has given me no problems - until now. I will post that in a separate forum.

Welcome to the forum! Hope someone can solve your problem in the other thread! Good luck!

D

deere8300

I am jimmy and I have a X Mark Lazer Z. It has a Kohler 26 EFI engine with 780 hours. It is missing and sputtering bad. Has 2 new coils,New fuel filter, and is not any better. Getting bad enough it will nearly die under a load. Need help!!

S

saber_35

Hi, Jeffrey here,
I was introduced to an Exmark 72" Lazer Z about 10 years ago. The property I work at has around 20 acres + of mow able grass. My boss and I discussed buying a lawnmower for the property and he let me pick it out. :) What a great machine it has been. (Can I use the phrase "Bad ***"?) I had never sat on a zero turn before and I fell in love with it. We have had no major issues with it. Still runs excellent but it does have around 800 hours on it though and it gets serviced once or twice every year.
On to present day....I moved into my girlfriends home (we are engaged now) with about 4 to 5 acres to mow. Her parents who had been paying for the lawn to be cut, came to me about buying a lawn mower so they could stop paying for it to be mowed. I agreed with them 100%. I told her mom that I'm not getting some little snail speed Cub Cadet because I am not going to spend my entire weekends cutting grass. I told her give me some time and I'll start searching for one. A month later I found what I wanted. A 2006 31 hp Briggs and Stratton 60" Lazer Z. Has a few piddle issues that I have fixed but did cost money to get them back working like they should. Couple other issues that I will post about. So the in-laws are happy and the wife to be is cutting the grass. Win win for me. :) I can't keep her off of it. She wants to cut the grass every 3 days it seems. I just hope that she'll keep cutting the grass. :)
Onto the posts....

V

vpaulh

I have a 03 exmark lazer hp, after I mow for a while the engine will suddenly die, it will start up but when I release the parking brake it dies, what is the problem?

V

vpaulh

Hi, my name is Paul
I have an 03 exmark lazer z hp, I can start it and it runs great until I have been mowing for a while the it will suddenly die, it will start back up but when I release the parking brake it dies. Anyon know what the problem is?

S

saber_35

No expert here but sounds like a safety switch issue. Maybe seat or steering handles?

B

baroda5

Hello everyone, I finally made the jump from old used cheap mowers to something a little better. I just bought an Exmark Pioneer E-Series 52" with a 23hp Kawasaki. I have a little over an acre to mow, but I'm negotiating a 3 acre parcel next to me that helped me justify making the move. The big October sale plus $300 Amazon card and 0% interest made it hard to say no. I mowed last week for the first time and I cut my time down from 2.5hrs with the old Troy-Bilt to 1hr exactly while still trying to figure out how to expertly navigate my new levers.

Cheers!
Exmark front.jpgExmark side.jpg

R

rmaccy

Hi, I have an 2004 exmark LZ27KC724. It doesn't look like much but it still runs and cuts great, until now (small issue). I use it to mow 4 acres.

D

doctorzoidberg

Hi everyone!

Been a long time reader of the forums but finally signed up for an account.

A few years ago I purchased a used 1998 Exmark Lazer Z and been very happy with the purchase! This forum has been very helpful for figuring out all the maintenance and minor issues I have had so thanks to everyone for all your helpful posts :smile:

O

omni

Howdy! New ExMark owner here. We have a S- Series, with a 6' deck... got it from a gold course that is shutting down. Has around 2550 hours, its a 2012. We decided to call it "Clifford".. the big red mower! We are planning on using it around our property here in Houston (1/2 acre) and out near Cleveland where we are building a house on 3 acres. We have a large John Deere tractor with a 4' brush hog... but we have a lot of tress to mow around and we figured this will be the best thing for those parts. Havent put it to the test yet, but will soon!:thumbsup:

D

DDS1943

Hi, have a 2014 exmark 60" mower. A friend changed the oil for me last year and I am thinking of doing it myself this year. Thought I would look for some advise here. :smile:

Vanousb

Vanousb

Hi, have a 2014 exmark 60" mower. A friend changed the oil for me last year and I am thinking of doing it myself this year. Thought I would look for some advise here. :smile:

Welcome. I have a 2013 60 inch pioneer s-series with kohler engine. Little more info about yours please...model? Types of engine?
General thoughts...Have two wrenches. The oil drain bolt is at end of tube. Looks like one but is two. Start/run engine for a short time to warm up oil. Change filter when you change oil. As always read manual. Suggest oil change hours for you engine.

D

DDS1943

Welcome. I have a 2013 60 inch pioneer s-series with kohler engine. Little more info about yours please...model? Types of engine?
General thoughts...Have two wrenches. The oil drain bolt is at end of tube. Looks like one but is two. Start/run engine for a short time to warm up oil. Change filter when you change oil. As always read manual. Suggest oil change hours for you engine.

Thanks for the reply. My post was a little quick. The motor is a Kawasaki FX801V. Oil filter in plain sight and drain is a tube like yours. so draining oil and replacing filter and oil is easy. What I don't know is how much oil and what is best to use. I have retired and have moved back to hometown and manual is at the house which is for sale and over 200 miles away. Tried looking for a thread that would help but so far I have not figured out how to look for such a thread.

Vanousb

Vanousb

Thanks for the reply. My post was a little quick. The motor is a Kawasaki FX801V. Oil filter in plain sight and drain is a tube like yours. so draining oil and replacing filter and oil is easy. What I don't know is how much oil and what is best to use. I have retired and have moved back to hometown and manual is at the house which is for sale and over 200 miles away. Tried looking for a thread that would help but so far I have not figured out how to look for such a thread.

Found the pdf manual for your engine. I would visit a local dealer and get Kawasaki oil. Others here will be able to recommend what they think is best oil. Like the ford vs chevy arguments...it is personal. haha Hope it help.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/738416/Kawasaki-Fx801v.html#manual

J

jcook77

New to the forum. Just picked up my first commercial mower. It's an older Exmark, 2002 lazer Z hp 52. 1500 hours, but well kept and runs great. Pumps rebuilt 20 hours ago. I expect at some point I will need to rebuild the 23hp Kawi motor. Doesn't look to bad to do. Got the mower for $2400. We have a 25 acre farm up in VA that I take care of, hence the need for something better than the box store mowers. I had a JD D105 up there, killed the trans in 140 hours. Hopefully the exmark will fair better. I'll get some pics next time I'm in VA.

C

ChrisJames81

Hello all. New owner of an Exmark Navigator. 2005 NAV27KC with 1000 hours. I have almost 1 acre, but i live in the trees and Have A LOT of leaves in the fall. Used to use an MTD with a mow n vac unit for leaf collection. I hope this new mower helps in the fall.

20160526_173657.jpg

K

kmckay

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Exmark owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Exmark mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Exmark stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

I am Kevin and I'm about to be a new Exmark owner. I will be choosing between a new Quest 42" with a stamped deck/Exmark motor and a used (79 hrs) Exmark 50" zero turn with Kawasaki 23 hp motor and fabricated deck. They will cost about the same price of $2,500. Which mower shall I choose? I mow 1 acre.

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

Get the fab deck if you want to keep it for many years to come.

J

jconi

Hi. I just bought a 30 inch commercial eXmark this year. I live in Omaha, Ne.

E

eric331

My name is Eric from Naples Fl. I have what apparently is an oddball Exmark. Its a 27hp lazer with a 50" triton deck

B

bradrich18

Brad

2016 Exmark Quest S series - 42"

M

merrbarb

Re: Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!Just joined, and I love the Ex

Hello: Just joined so that I scan learn about the newer models of the Laser Z X-series.

Presently have an older Laser ZS, 60-inch, with 31 horse B&S engine. Purchased used in 2012 and now has 1460 hours. Runs great. Love it.
Looking forward to using the forum.

D

Darryl G

Hi. I've got 2 Exmarks I've owned since new. A 2002 48 inch Turf Tracer HP walk behind with a 15hp electric start Kawi and a 2003 52 inch Lazer Z HP with a 23hp Kawi. Unknown hours on the Turf Tracer but quite a few, I'd say at least 1500. The Lazer is at 1878 hours and is actually in the shop for motor work now. It's burning oil and having a hard time spinning the blades and Ultravac when engaging the PTO. I considered buying a new mower but at 10k+ for a comparable replacement setup I decided to just have a motor rebuild done. I have a good small engine mechanic that I trust to do it right. I use an older style Bullrider sulky behind the Turf Tracer.

droberts16

droberts16

Just joined the forum and new to the group but not to Exmark. I have a 2004 Lazer Z that I've had since it was new and just bought a leftover 2016 Lazer Z X series with the Red Techonology feature. Looking forward to having as much dependable service from the new one as I have had with the old one. IMG_3029.jpgIMG_3031.jpg

C

cruzenmike

Hello all. Just received an ExMark from my Stepdad, a Lazer Z CT 48. It has about 500 hours on it. I have been told that this wasn't one of their best models but I don't understand why! Yes, it may be a bit underpowered and it seems like they skimped out on a few things, but it surely cannot be that bad can it?. Included with the mower was an ultra vac which I am told DOES work well. The mower hadn't been used this year, so when I got it I did the following things:

Oil flushed and filter changed
Spark plugs cleaned and gapped
Hydrostatic filter change, fluid topped
Replaced front caster bearings, cups and seals
All new tires (Kenda K500 Super Turfs and K404LGs)
New notched blades

I have yet to use it for the first time as I just finished the front end on it. I am excited to take it for a spin and lay down some nice stripes. . . .

Mike

J

JanJ

Hello! Western NC Exmark Quest S Steering Wheel 50"

C

Caleb Hummell

Hi, All.

I have a 2014 Exmark Lazer Z, 60" with Kawasaki engine. I have about 6 acres total that I mow off and on, and I mow about 3-4 of those acres every week or so.

Glad to join the forum.

P

PKA

Hi everyone, my name's Phil and I have a '99 Lazer Z with 60" deck and 25 Kohler. I do all my own maintenance and came here looking for some troubleshooting insight into a no start after rebuilding the right hydro pump issue, won't crank at all and the battery has 12.5 volts.

R

rdzevans

exmark turf ranger 1997 ish

hey there, i just got this mower used this spring. it worked fine for the first two cuttings then crapped out. it runs but wont move. my local fix it guy says its part of the transmission. the part number is "851-114cw092601" but when i google that nothing comes up. any info would be appreciated. thanks, ross

BlazNT

BlazNT

We need the model number and the serial number to help.

Jaydog

Jaydog

New to the Forum and just looking for some use full information on my new eXmark Lazer Z. I have only mowed a few times with it but it seems to be a great mower so far. The only thing I can not figure out is the engine hour display and fuel guage stay on all the time even when the key is turned to the off position. Is the display supposed to stay on all the time? I would think it would burn out eventually after being on 24/7.

U

UpstateSCPapi

New to the forum! Got an email from my fave site tractorbynet.com or I don't think I would have known about this one!

Have a 2015-ish (will have to verify) Exmark Pioneer S-Series 48". A great mower for our needs. Hopping on here to learn a few things to help me take care of it better!

:drink:

T

TLAR640

I just got a used Exmark Metro 36" walk behind. I've been hanging out on the Honda forum for a few years so not new here. I like it so far. Take a look!
eXmark Metro 1.jpg

D

Darryl G

Nice machine! Looks clean and well cared for. I see you have the ECS handles too. They're nice and keep your hands inboard so you don't bang your knuckles on trees and the corner of the house etc.

I love my Exmarks. They're very well built, dependable machines that leave a beautiful cut. Expect it to clump in wet conditions though as they have a pretty highly baffled deck. Have you cut with it yet?

One thing to watch for is to keep the air filter clean. Where they sit they tend to take in a lot of dust/debris, especially if you have dry conditions.

Edit: Oh, looks like it has the mulch kit on it. You may struggle with spring growth with that on and will need to clean the deck often and be sure to turn the deck off in "unimportant areas" as it will dump on you when you turn it off.

T

TLAR640

Nice machine! Looks clean and well cared for. I see you have the ECS handles too. They're nice and keep your hands inboard so you don't bang your knuckles on trees and the corner of the house etc.

I love my Exmarks. They're very well built, dependable machines that leave a beautiful cut. Expect it to clump in wet conditions though as they have a pretty highly baffled deck. Have you cut with it yet?

One thing to watch for is to keep the air filter clean. Where they sit they tend to take in a lot of dust/debris, especially if you have dry conditions.

Edit: Oh, looks like it has the mulch kit on it. You may struggle with spring growth with that on and will need to clean the deck often and be sure to turn the deck off in "unimportant areas" as it will dump on you when you turn it off.

This mower is for my own use on 2 properties totalling 3/4 acre of Zoysia. I specifically wanted the ECS system and a mulch kit, and found this mower with about 100 hrs. Seems like a hotrod so far.

Thanks for the tip about grass build up and dumping when I stop the blades. I typically cut in the pm so no morning dew to deal with.

I've already tapped the dust from the air filter. Do you oil the foam pre-filter? Manual says no, Youtube video says yes. Also, is the Exmark mulching blade the best choice for use with the mulch kit? What about Gators? Thanks!

D

Darryl G

No on the oil in pre-filter. Yes, the wavy mulchers work best with the mulch kit. The Gators throw too much air and result in a lot of blow-out and poor cut quality - I think because they end up pushing the grass down rather than lifting it.

I've run the mulch kit on both of my machines but for a commercial guy who has to mow in all conditions I had to scrap the idea.

T

TLAR640

No on the oil in pre-filter. Yes, the wavy mulchers work best with the mulch kit. The Gators throw too much air and result in a lot of blow-out and poor cut quality - I think because they end up pushing the grass down rather than lifting it.

I've run the mulch kit on both of my machines but for a commercial guy who has to mow in all conditions I had to scrap the idea.

I just read your older posts on that subject. I hope I can make the mulch kit work for me, but time and more hours will tell.

D

Darryl G

Mulching takes some dedication but is certainly possible, especially with a grass like Zoysia which isn't as juicy as the northern grasses I have on most of my accounts. It is very dense though and doesn't decompose that well.

Sharp blades, dry grass and not taking off too much at a time are key. And of course listening to your engine and slowing down when necessary. You'll likely do fine...most of the time...

S

SandyMorgan

Hi. We have a Lexmark Z, older one. Model is LHP5223kc, Serial is 455261. 2 acres, and we mow mom in laws yard as well since she is unable.
Hubby has replaced the deck belt, but it keep throwing it:confused2:. Everything is lubed and spinning freely. Any suggestions? To have someone work on it around here is very costly:mad:.

D

Darryl G

Hi. We have a Lexmark Z, older one. Model is LHP5223kc, Serial is 455261. 2 acres, and we mow mom in laws yard as well since she is unable.
Hubby has replaced the deck belt, but it keep throwing it:confused2:. Everything is lubed and spinning freely. Any suggestions? To have someone work on it around here is very costly:mad:.

My prime suspect would be the idler assembly that tensions the deck belt. Both the idler pulley and the arm. Things get worn making the pulley run on an angle and causing the belt the climb off the idler pulley. Also I believe there's a C clip on one side of the spring. Make sure that's there and that the spring is seated properly. I have the same machine except with the Kawasaki engine. I think the "kc" is the Kohler engine, but no matter. The deck setup is the same

E

ErnestW

Hello

Hi, I'm Ernie, and I've had a laser Z for 14 years.

A

Aquadisiac

Thanks for letting me join.
I have a 2017 eXmark Radius S-series 48" cut with a Kohler ZT710 engine.
I just bought it used, yesterday.
It looks almost new.
Thanks again.

D

DerickE

Hey all...I'm Derick and I can't really even describe what I do. I do, well, everything. I've got a professional 9-5 career but outside of that I do a ton. I'm the local lawn mower maintenance and repair guy. In the spring it keeps me super busy, but I found this year that after april business pretty much ends outside of one off stuff. So, I'm turning to lawn care as another side hustle. I enjoy watching various lawn care vids on youtube, I think "Dan's Vlog" is a pretty honest approach and I've taken various tips and tricks from him.

Anyhow, recently I acquired some new hardware. Last week I grabbed a 2004 Exmark metro 32" from a lawncare business that was losing its' shop space. It's in great shape, and its a total beast of a mower. It sat unused as their back up mower. That's for the smaller yards. Today, I grabbed a commerical cub cadet G1548...unsure of the year, but I will guess mid 2000s. It's not as perfect as the exmark, but who expected it would be? I've got some maintenance to do on both of them, but they are both powerhouses and will give me the presentation to promote lawn care services next year. Been a good post-season for scooping up cheap equipment.

I've also added stihl trimmers and blowers to my outfit as well....a brand I was unfamiliar with...and boy that is some next level hardware right there. Good stuff.

20190917_151346.jpg
20190921_182137.jpg

D

Darryl G

Hey all...I'm Derick and I can't really even describe what I do. I do, well, everything. I've got a professional 9-5 career but outside of that I do a ton. I'm the local lawn mower maintenance and repair guy. In the spring it keeps me super busy, but I found this year that after april business pretty much ends outside of one off stuff. So, I'm turning to lawn care as another side hustle. I enjoy watching various lawn care vids on youtube, I think "Dan's Vlog" is a pretty honest approach and I've taken various tips and tricks from him.

Anyhow, recently I acquired some new hardware. Last week I grabbed a 2004 Exmark metro 32" from a lawncare business that was losing its' shop space. It's in great shape, and its a total beast of a mower. It sat unused as their back up mower. That's for the smaller yards. Today, I grabbed a commerical cub cadet G1548...unsure of the year, but I will guess mid 2000s. It's not as perfect as the exmark, but who expected it would be? I've got some maintenance to do on both of them, but they are both powerhouses and will give me the presentation to promote lawn care services next year. Been a good post-season for scooping up cheap equipment.

I've also added stihl trimmers and blowers to my outfit as well....a brand I was unfamiliar with...and boy that is some next level hardware right there. Good stuff.

View attachment 45694
View attachment 45695
Nice machines but hydo drive units are way more productive. Keep your eyes open for Exmark Turf Tracers.

D

DerickE

Nice machines but hydo drive units are way more productive. Keep your eyes open for Exmark Turf Tracers.

Yeah I'd love a Turf Tracer.....but my concern is the hydro. Being in mower service for residential stuff.....I know for certain that hydros in those low end machines are a nightmare, and expensive. While I'm not in the know for commercial mowers, I've been concerned about buying a used hydro unit. More stuff to go wrong. Is that misplaced fear?

D

Darryl G

Yeah I'd love a Turf Tracer.....but my concern is the hydro. Being in mower service for residential stuff.....I know for certain that hydros in those low end machines are a nightmare, and expensive. While I'm not in the know for commercial mowers, I've been concerned about buying a used hydro unit. More stuff to go wrong. Is that misplaced fear?
The hydros on the Turf Tracers are pretty robust. Mine were serviced once after I blew a hose. 2,700 hours and counting, and that's pulling a 200 pound operator on a sulky. The only issue is that the rearward hydro hose can abraid over time from the grit tossed up from the tires. I just wrap some tape around the hose as an abrasion guard. Still on the original 17HP Kawi and deck spindles too.

D

Darryl G

Here it is being serviced. Tires have been replaced twice, belts once, hydro hoses once, 2,700+ hours. Nice cutting reliable machine. The 17 Kawi is starting to burn a little oil, no leaks.

Attachments

B

Bremered

This is my new (to me) Exmark Lazer Z XS 72" cut. This is the first zero turn I have owned. Hopefully I can get some info on operation and maintenance from y"all and possible contribute myself after I gather some experience with this machine.
exmark1.jpgexmark2.jpg

D

Darryl G

This is my new (to me) Exmark Lazer Z XS 72" cut. This is the first zero turn I have owned. Hopefully I can get some info on operation and maintenance from y"all and possible contribute myself after I gather some experience with this machine.
View attachment 46148View attachment 46149

The dreaded Triton Deck. There were a lot of cut quality problems reported for that deck, especially when cutting northern cool season grasses. It may do alright for you though in TX, but in the Northeast they were horrible.

B

Bremered

The dreaded Triton Deck. There were a lot of cut quality problems reported for that deck, especially when cutting northern cool season grasses. It may do alright for you though in TX, but in the Northeast they were horrible.
Any advice on blades? I'm mowing on my own property, it's a mix of st. augustine, bermuda, king ranch bluestem and a bunch of native grasses and weeds.

D

Darryl G

I run the Gator G5 high lift mulching blades on my Exmarks (Recently sold my Lazer but still have my Turf Tracer) but they have/had the Tri-Vantage deck and I cut mostly cool season northern grasses, so my experiences may not relate to your machine. I suggest you Google the Triton deck and check out the posts on another lawn care forum where those decks have been discussed at length.

B

biff.org

Hey everyone,

New here as we are closing on our new lake home mid-January. We will have 10 acres and I acquired the previous owners 2001 Exmark Lazer-Z with 72" deck. It does have the 26hp Kohler EFI, and have been told it is in good working condition with scheduled maintenance performed.

I feel I got a good deal on it, but will be reading up here to get the best cut I can given what it is. It's obvious the previous owner was going for speed, as that is a fair amount of grass for a home owner. Tips and suggestions are always welcome. I will hope to use the search function as well to avoid any pitfalls or other issues ahead of time.

For now, it needs a good cleaning, and possibly a seat cover. I will post up photos once I clean it up. I did notice that there are no belt covers on the deck. Maybe that vintage had none, but it seemed odd to be exposed.

Thanks everyone!

Mark in Minnesota

D

Darryl G

Hey everyone,

New here as we are closing on our new lake home mid-January. We will have 10 acres and I acquired the previous owners 2001 Exmark Lazer-Z with 72" deck. It does have the 26hp Kohler EFI, and have been told it is in good working condition with scheduled maintenance performed.

I feel I got a good deal on it, but will be reading up here to get the best cut I can given what it is. It's obvious the previous owner was going for speed, as that is a fair amount of grass for a home owner. Tips and suggestions are always welcome. I will hope to use the search function as well to avoid any pitfalls or other issues ahead of time.

For now, it needs a good cleaning, and possibly a seat cover. I will post up photos once I clean it up. I did notice that there are no belt covers on the deck. Maybe that vintage had none, but it seemed odd to be exposed.

Thanks everyone!

Mark in Minnesota
A lot of people take the covers off to make it easier to blow debris out and to prevent friction fires.

B

bertsmobile1

A lot of people take the covers off to make it easier to blow debris out and to prevent friction fires.
Get yourself the longest air duster you can find.
Should be plenty around the 4' long mark.
Use these to clean the debris off the deck without having a grass bath.
If you don't have young children and take a little care then the pulley guards do nothing worth while.
On some decks they are effective belt keepers but on mowers with electric PTO's the belt should never come that loose.

L

llowe22

Thanks for letting me join. I have a 2010 Laser Z w/a 54" deck. My problem is that I have a battery drain that I can't locate i.e., the battery drains very slowly even with the key out. Also, seem to have abnormal amount of acid corrosion around battery terminals. Any help would be appreciated.

A

AustinMac

Hello everyone! Finally bought an Exmark/Toro that ive been wanting for a long time.. 60" deck.. should cut my 2 acres in no time. :)

D

Darryl G

Hello everyone! Finally bought an Exmark/Toro that ive been wanting for a long time.. 60" deck.. should cut my 2 acres in no time. :)
Congratulations. Exactly what did you get?

A

AustinMac

Congratulations. Exactly what did you get?

Well i got a package of 3 that im going to be able to make 2 out of.. ones a 27hp Kawasaki liquid cooled and the others a 27hp kohler. Which one do you recommend? Both have Turbo Force 60" Decks

B

biff.org

Thanks for letting me join. I have a 2010 Laser Z w/a 54" deck. My problem is that I have a battery drain that I can't locate i.e., the battery drains very slowly even with the key out. Also, seem to have abnormal amount of acid corrosion around battery terminals. Any help would be appreciated.
The previous owner of my Laser Z added a battery shut off switch. As he was having battery drain as well. He told me it was a known issue and this was the simple solution. Good luck!

D

Darryl G

Well i got a package of 3 that im going to be able to make 2 out of.. ones a 27hp Kawasaki liquid cooled and the others a 27hp kohler. Which one do you recommend? Both have Turbo Force 60" Decks
I only have experience with my Exmark Turf Tracer that I still have and my Lazer Z HP that I sold last year with Tri-Vantage decks. Both air-cooled Kawasaki V Twin engines with no issues. I've never had a Kohler or liquid-cooled Kawasaki so I'm not really qualified to comment.

Hamlin57

Hamlin57

Hi, new to posting and don’t have the skills on good posting yet. I have the S series 60” 2014 749cc 26.5 h.p. EFI Kohler 1250 hours with a miss in the engine but goes away when I turn engine on and off.runs a little rough and low power. Gas line in tank is clean , fuel filter is clean. So will be looking for help and will be reading a lot. Electric harness maybe?

B

Big Benny

Hey guys, 2012 Exmark X-Series

bigjohn0089

bigjohn0089

New guy here. Just bought a house last month with 3.5 acres and got a super smoking deal on 2 mowers from the previous homeowner. I have a good mower and a parts mower. Both 2001 Lazer Z XP 72" with the 27hp diesel. Only had to replace jackshaft housing to make her run right. Im changing the oil, filter, Fuel filter and hydro filter as well. Got the combo for $700!!! I feel I stole it. Its my first ZTR so I am new to the game.

Where do you guys source your parts? Partstree? eBay?

Looking forward to being part of the community and learning about my mower. Already printed out both manuals.No pics yet.

D

Darryl G

I usually get my parts from my dealer to support them, but I'm a professional and feel that I get better treatment that way - relationship building deal. You may find that availability of some parts is a bit of an issue, such as having to buy a whole assembly rather than individual parts for a machine of that age. That's been my experience lately for my 2001 Turf Tracer and the 2002 Lazer Z HP that I sold last fall.

bigjohn0089

bigjohn0089

I usually get my parts from my dealer to support them, but I'm a professional and feel that I get better treatment that way - relationship building deal. You may find that availability of some parts is a bit of an issue, such as having to buy a whole assembly rather than individual parts for a machine of that age. That's been my experience lately for my 2001 Turf Tracer and the 2002 Lazer Z HP that I sold last fall.
thanks man. I have only ever had a push mower and the only dealer around is an Ag Pro that only has JD. I guess ill do some digging!

JNewkirk

JNewkirk

I acquired a eXmark Lazer X Series ( LZX801KA606SS ) with a Kawasaki motor. I need to change the spark plugs but can only get to one of them. I can not figure out how to get access to the spark plug that is located on the side of the motor that is directly behind the seat. I flipped the seat forward but still can't get access to the spark plug to change it out. I have searched online for a video without luck and the owner's manual doesn't offer any type of assistance either. Any suggestions or advice?

D

Darryl G

I acquired a eXmark Lazer X Series ( LZX801KA606SS ) with a Kawasaki motor. I need to change the spark plugs but can only get to one of them. I can not figure out how to get access to the spark plug that is located on the side of the motor that is directly behind the seat. I flipped the seat forward but still can't get access to the spark plug to change it out. I have searched online for a video without luck and the owner's manual doesn't offer any type of assistance either. Any suggestions or advice?
No direct knowledge of your specific issue but sometimes it's necessary to use a combination of swivels and extensions for plug removal. Can you post a picture?

B

Bcain

just moved to mountains of north carolina and former owner left me an exmark Model Number QTE691KA501 with KAWASAKI EngineModel FR691V/AS07-R
It seems to be in fairly good shape, but know next to nothing about maintenance. Property is 5 acres with slight hills and I can only turn to the left (right handle works more like a brake when put in reverse while the left handle backs up easily (mowing on the side hill, the mower will always dive to the left at some point). The blade on the right free spins. I am looking for manuals, but in the meantime is there a shear pin on the bolt holding the blade? to get the blade off, will I take the spindle off or use a chain wrench on the pulley and a wrench on the blade bolt? Thankis for any help for this newbie.

S

sivicman

Hello, I am new to this forum. I just purchased a brand new 2020 Exmark Radius X-Series, w/52" deck. This is my first Exmark mower. I previously owned a Kubota B7610 tractor w/front end loader, and 60" deck when I lived in Ohio. Now I live in Alabama, so no more snow to plow. This is my first zero turn mower, so it's going to take some time getting use to. There are so many ZTR mowers on the market that you really need to do your research. I hope I made a great choice. Dealer said it was way more mower than what I need.

T

t5rider

Hello all. New to the forum, purchased a 2019 Radius S Series 52" this year. Our first ZT mower and I am hoping to glean info on general maintenance, as well as the best options for bagging/mulching leaves as our property has a lot of Cottonwood trees, so we are dealing with leaves all year.

D

Darryl G

Hello all. New to the forum, purchased a 2019 Radius S Series 52" this year. Our first ZT mower and I am hoping to glean info on general maintenance, as well as the best options for bagging/mulching leaves as our property has a lot of Cottonwood trees, so we are dealing with leaves all year.
Congratulations. Those are nice mowers!

Gator G5 mulching blades while discharging are my blades of choice most of the time. If you keep up on the fall mowing you should be able to make most of the leaves disappear. You may have to make a couple of passes but you should be able to do the second pass at speed.

T

t5rider

Congratulations. Those are nice mowers!

Gator G5 mulching blades while discharging are my blades of choice most of the time. If you keep up on the fall mowing you should be able to make most of the leaves disappear. You may have to make a couple of passes but you should be able to do the second pass at speed.

Thanks for the intel and perspective! Researching those now!

L

Lazer dawg

How’s everybody doing? Owner of a 2006 Lazer Z from birth to at present 820+ hours. From the th big city of Mohawk Tennessee. The “Hawk” as we locals call it!

B

Born2Mow

Greetings Exmark types !

New owner/ new member here. Recently purchased a 44" E-Series to replace a dinky 34" Hustler. This thing is 3X the mower the Hustler Dash was. I really wanted a 48", but dealers are out of them in north Atlanta and I was told they wouldn't have more until Spring... so I took the last 44" they had. It was really a toss-up between the 44 and 48" anyway. I look forward to contributing more in the forums.

All the best.

D

Darryl G

Greetings Exmark types !

New owner/ new member here. Recently purchased a 44" E-Series to replace a dinky 34" Hustler. This thing is 3X the mower the Hustler Dash was. I really wanted a 48", but dealers are out of them in north Atlanta and I was told they wouldn't have more until Spring... so I took the last 44" they had. It was really a toss-up between the 44 and 48" anyway. I look forward to contributing more in the forums.

All the best.
So that's a Quest?

B

Born2Mow

So that's a Quest?

No, Radius E-Series... RAE708GEM44300

D

Darryl G

No, Radius E-Series... RAE708GEM44300
Congratulations. The Radius series are nice units! I miss the cut quality of my Lazer. I traded it for a Bob-Cat. The Bob-Cat is a good productive and reliable machine but I liked the cut of my Lazer better.

B

Born2Mow

This Exmark is too much fun. Today I mowed my father-in-law's 2 acre lawn... and I don't even like the man ! ?

If I'd have had ridden on one of these in the early 60's, when I was walking behind a 21" B&S (and charging $3 a yard), I'd have definitely gone into the lawn care biz. I've owned it about 2 weeks and every day I go find some grass to mow. The neighborhood never looked so good !

UWNkpNZb.jpg

I really don't need this mower with only an acre or so to mow, but I wrecked my motorcycle and shattered my collar bone in early August. The wife said the bikes had to go. But I've been tinkering with engines for 50 years and something had to take its place. So I sold the small zero turn Hustler and bought a V-twin 4-wheeler... with an accessory cutting blade !!

D

Darryl G

This Exmark is too much fun. Today I mowed my father-in-law's 2 acre lawn... and I don't even like the man ! ?

If I'd have had ridden on one of these in the early 60's, when I was walking behind a 21" B&S (and charging $3 a yard), I'd have definitely gone into the lawn care biz. I've owned it about 2 weeks and every day I go find some grass to mow. The neighborhood never looked so good !

UWNkpNZb.jpg

I really don't need this mower with only an acre or so to mow, but I wrecked my motorcycle and shattered my collar bone in early August. The wife said the bikes had to go. But I've been tinkering with engines for 50 years and something had to take its place. So I sold the small zero turn Hustler and bought a V-twin 4-wheeler... with an accessory cutting blade !!
Lol. Maybe that's why I'm still at this "temporary" landscaping gig that I started in 2002.

Exmark is a good company too. They regularly make running changes to their machines rather than wait for the new model year in order to make them better as soon as they find an issue or improvement that they can make. Thus you'll need your full model number and serial number for parts. Parts availability is excellent. I have no problem getting parts for my 2002 walk-behind unit, but it is getting to the point where I may need to buy a whole assembly rather than individual parts that make it up. You really can't go wrong buying an Exmark!

S

shoughtonh

Hi, New member here. I have a Lazer Z XS diesel. Purchased used w low hours for strictly personal use.

C

Curb Appeal Lawn Care

Just purchased an Ex Mark 21" with Kawasaki Needed a smaller mower for old small gated backyards. Gianni / owner
Curb Appeal Lawn Care S.L.C. Utah

N

nuttinshowing

Greetings & Happy Holidays .
New member here, been following this site a few days.

Exmark Metro 48" bought new in 2010, been great no issues. I have been doing my own minor maintenance, oil chg, gas filter, plugs and such. Homeowner 3 acres 1 1/2 grass probably only put on 200 hrs in 10yrs. My other machine is a 1985 Wheelhorse 416-8 garden tractor that I use for mowing & leaves. Received that on a trade with a friend who refurbished it about 10 yrs ago. Love it, heavy duty plus. Hour meter stopped working 10yrs ago with 1856 hrs on it. Still running strong. Rotating between two machines is good for the longevity of the machines and my legs.

Sure this site will be helpful when I need help with more advanced mechanicals and other related subjects like the cordless Milwaukee M18 mid torque impact wrench I just picked up. Future blade changes should be easier as long as I remove on high and install on low. Torque wrench at the ready.

B

Born2Mow

Welcome Aboard !

If you have any slopes on your property, you'll soon discover to divide the time on each machine by topology. The Wheelhorse may feel much more secure while cutting across the face of slopes, especially if the slope ends in a secondary hazard, like a drop-off or water. Meanwhile the 2-wheels do everything design of the Exmark will excel in getting close to trees and poles, thus eliminating a lot of your trimming.

Either way, you'll love the Exmark !!

A

Axe78th

Greetings All, New Radius E 48" owner from Mississippi here. I'm sure I will have questions. :)

CyrusSmith

CyrusSmith

Hi all. My name is Tim I have a LZ31BV604 - Exmark 60" Lazer Z Zero-Turn Mower with a 31HP Briggs & Stratton (SN: 440000 - 509999) (2004)

S

SHB

I’m Steve from TN, just got an eXmark radius early this year with the eXmark engine. Replaced tires with lugged tires to better handle slopes and damp ground. Works great, just find that the gas gage is hard to read

W

willysmom

Hi! I am Allan. We just purchased a used 2018 Lazer Z X. We have not received manual yet. Today while mowing the mower beeped and message was check transmission oil. This was supposed to have been serviced before purchase. Since we have no manual I am not sure what type of transmission
oil to use. . Can anyone help? Koehler engine. It’s Sunday and of course the dealer is closed. Half the lawn done.

R

rustyg61

Hi, I'm Rusty & just purchased my first Zero Turn mower, an Exmark Quest E Series 50". I have a question, it has a pigtail connector on the wiring harness that is for accessories which I assume is lights, can this pigtail be used to plug in a trickle charger, or is it switched so that it would not be connected to the battery unless the key is on? It is a standard 2 pin connector like the ones on a trickle charger.

Thanks!

Attachments

OleG9999

OleG9999

Greetings everyone, Walt Jenkins here, I'm new to this group. I have a 2015 42 inch exmark quest. I brought it used in 2016 it had 25 operating hours. I use it to cut my front lawn & back yard (about half an acre. It's been a great equipment addition to my lawn care tools.

S

Seandawg

Seandawg new to your site w/

S

Seandawg

Seandawg new to your site 2016 exmark lazerz X

P

Peloton52

Greetings: I'm brand new here. I operate a Exmark 60" Zero Turn Laser Z with a Kohler engine, which I use to cut the grass at two town owned cemeteries. One dates back to the 1700's and the other was started in the 1970's. Needless to say the older one I do without a bagger. It is hard enough maneuvering that beast without anything attached. For the other cemetery I operate with a three bag setup and an Exmark Ultra Vac.

A

attodds

I

i have a Exmark quest 50 inch
Doug

B

Bobandia

Seandawg new to your site 2016 exmark lazerz X
Bobandia here. 2020 later Z E series

LZE742GKC604A3​

Had an old bought used. Spent a ton on it and gave up and bought a new one!

S

SharksWithLazerZ

Greetings everyone. I'm new to the board, but I've owned my 2015 Exmark LazerZ X-series 60 since I bought it new in 2015. It's been really great, and makes short work of my 2 acres. Previously I had an old Kubota 42" rider and it took 7.5h to cut the entire property. With the LazerZ it went down to 2h immediately and now that I'm more proficient with it, I can cut the entire property in about 1.5h.

Glad to be a member here at the new forum, and looking forward to interacting more with you all here.

- J

C

castroid

Hello all. New to the board. I have an Exmark LZX980ERC96RW0 and experiencing electrical issues. I keep blowing a 10amp fuse when trying to start mower. Also the main 60amp melted into fuse holder. I'm assuming it's grounding out somewhere but I'm unable to find it. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

R

rcjr

Well, glad to be onboard !! Just purchased an EXMARK 52 " RAE708GEM52300 ......Question, the dealer says they recommend " Recreation" gas because it is alcohol free. Has anyone else heard of this instead of 87 octane Gas ??? In my area, it is $ 4.99 a gal. ???

M

MParr

I run 93 octane E0, also known as ethanol free or pure gas, in my mower and pickup truck. Here’s a link to the Pure Gas website. It will give you the locations it’s sold in your area.

R

rcjr

I run 93 octane E0, also known as ethanol free or pure gas, in my mower and pickup truck. Here’s a link to the Pure Gas website. It will give you the locations it’s sold in your area.
Hi Mparr, thanks for answering the question on using Rec. fuel in my new EXMARK, so I guess $ 4.99 a gallon is what it is !!......thanks again, rcjr

M

MParr

Hi Mparr, thanks for answering the question on using Rec. fuel in my new EXMARK, so I guess $ 4.99 a gallon is what it is !!......thanks again, rcjr
You can run E10 if you like. I just don’t do it. It can mess up your fuel system and it has less BTUs than E0.

B

Badjam88

Hello everyone. I’m an idiot and bought a sight unseen FR27KC in an online auction. 1300hrs on the unit and says it has a bad hydraulic drive motor. I only paid $800 for the Mower and Trailer. Figure I can sell the trailer for a few hundred as I don’t need it. Any ideas on what this is going to cost me to buy the drive motor. I can do the install myself. Thanks for helping out a moron.

UPDATE: I think someone who works there was trying to pull a fast one and get a mower for cheap. Got the unit home and started going through it, motor ran fine, pto and mower deck all checked out. The listing said “Runs but won’t move”. I looked at both drive motors and both bypass valves were open. I shut those, topped off the hydraulic fluid and it runs like a top.

B

bertsmobile1

We have all done it
Try Mulligans for you transmission

B

Badjam88

We have all done it
Try Mulligans for you transmission
Thank You

R

rcjr

You can run E10 if you like. I just don’t do it. It can mess up your fuel system and it has less BTUs than E0.
Thanks MParr for the reply, some guys tell me they have just used 87 octane at the local gas station in there X-Mark for years, then I spoke to the tech. where I bough my X-Mark and he said to be sure to use only Zero ethanol, also recreation gas.So on your advice, I'll stay with Rec. Fuel.

dfbroxy

dfbroxy

I just purchased a Exmark LZ-2252 today. not sure the exact year but about a 1998. Paid $400. It looks as if at least the last 5 years were spent out in the rain. Definitly a diamond in the rough. Was told ran when parked 6 months ago but needed new belts. I looked and every belt needs replaced! Deck spendles are all sized up. Other than that just lots of surface rust. Lots of work ahead of me. BTW my hobby is buying and fixing up mowers. Started 5 years ago only knowing how to add gas and do oil change. I learned with youtube and this forum. I have worked my way up from pushmowers. This is the first mower in the commercial bracket and my first Exmark. I was a little worried about the rebuilding of pump motors and drive motors but did some research today and it now looks simple to me. But thats thanks to all I have learned from the experts and not so experts on hear. Sooo Thank you....and get ready for another know it all who doesnt know jack in the room........PS will post a pic tomorrow

dfbroxy

dfbroxy

Well, I just purchased a 2004 Lazer XP with 188 hours. I've got a Ford 1220 that has been a real workhorse for me for 20+ years (and continues to be), so I couldn't lay off the diesel. Looking forward to using it, but not sure when. We had nearly a foot of snow today in far western Maryland. Not exactly conducive to mowing.?
Holy crap! Where did you find it? That is ultra low hours. What kind of shape is it in, and what did you have to give for it? LUCKY!

FloridaRob352

FloridaRob352

Hello, new here from central Florida. Trying to learn about the late 90's Lazer Z I'm putting together from my father in laws old mowers.

dfbroxy

dfbroxy

Im restoring a commercial 52" Lazer Z . Picked it up as a complete parts mower dirt cheap. Currently Im having to rebuild engine due to it being left in weather with no air cleaner. I am also in need of a drive shaft spindle assemble with douple pulley. If you have a used one to spare we might work something out. Im not a expert tech like some guys on here, but I learn as I go and love to read about what Im working on so keep us posted.

L

LaserBudd

Hello, a newbie here, from Central Indiana.
Back a few years ago, (2012) I purchased a used (2002) xMark Lazer Z, 25HP, 60" cut from my local Dealer. He had just taken it in as a trade-in from the original owner that morning.
He made me a GOOD deal, so I bought it right then. It took me about 12.5 minutes on it, and I was convinced that I had made the right decision. My Dealer has always handled the maintenance on it, but now, because I am Retired and Poor, I am going to learn to do it myself. Hopefully with some help from this forum. Photos, forthcoming.

W

westfarms

Just acquired a 2006 Lazer Z 60". It's been sitting for a few years after having an electrical fire. Working on replacing the wiring but also have a few other things needing replaced. Hope to have it up and going before the end of mowing season.

Todd

Savage

Savage

Hello, new member. Exmark quest S series

J

john543

Just joined I have a 2005 exmark LHP4819KA I've had for 12 years love it not without it's problems though.

Na zdrowie

Na zdrowie

Lazer Z LZ23KC604. It was bought new in April, 2000. I bought it used in January, 2002. Currently has 614 hours.

Maxx27

Maxx27

I have a 2008 72'' Exmark Lazer Z XS Diesel. It currently has some major issues.

D

Denny W Smith

Hi all! A brand newbie here as of today.
I am glad to find this site as I have lots of questions on what route I should go.
I have roughly 30 acres to mow most of which is done by a tractor and a 6' bush hog. About 4 or 5 acres I am mowing with my Exmark Lazer Z AS Model # LZA27KC604, S/N 879852 with a Kohler Command Pro 27 Model PS-CV740-3119, S/N 4012800281. I did mow the entire 30 acres once last fall before winter with this mower. This is my first and so far only experience with a ZTR. I purchased it at auction in Aug 2021 with 1279 hours on the meter. I am sure it was operated previously by a landscape contractor. It now has 1370 hours on it and this past week the engine has started to lose power under load and is pumping blueish white oil smoke out the exhaust. I am assuming it has bad valve seals or rings (I am not a small engine mechanic). A quick online search indicates a replacement engine is running about $3k. Otherwise the machine is in decent shape I think. The deck is good. My question is should I invest more money into it? What kind of hours should I expect from the drive motors or am I looking at rebuild/replacing these soon?
In comparison to repairing I could really use a 72" deck machine perhaps with a more versatile suspension system to handle the rough terrain better (property was timbered about 10 years ago and is still rough in places) possibly a Ferris ISX3300 ($18k ouch!) or something comparable.
Should I replace the motor and sale/trade it? Buy a finish mower for the tractor instead?
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know the year of this mower via the model or serial numbers?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

A

Aquadisiac

I am not really a new member of this forum, I have been reading things and looking for issues that resemble mine! But I have never posted much, if anything!
In 2019, I bought a 2017 eXmark Radius S 48" cut with 106 hours on it. It was garage kept and the guy was going with a Scag so he let me have it at a reasonable price. Like half price. It has been a very good mowing machine. I have changed the fluid in the transmissions and the filters too. I change the oil every year and now it has 323 hours on it. I really like my eXmark Zero Turn Mower. I use the Gator-type blades for leaf mulching in the fall. Only issue with this one was at the beginning of this season, the fuel pump went out on me. Put a new one on that I bought from a dealer and I am mowing again!!
Mowers tend to last me a good while. My first riding mower was 16 years old when I sold it. It looked brand new. I got $700. for it. And it came from a big box-store!! My second was a John Deere X300 that I bought at a John Deere Dealer and I kept it 14 years and sold it for more than half of what I paid for it. Sold it only because that is when I found my eXmark!!
NO more steering wheels on my mowers!!
Have a wonderful mowing season!!

J

jbtynes

Hello! New member here.
I have inherited a Exmark Quest 42 project. Its in good condition but just has some electrical issues. Some safety switches appear to have been bypassed. (seat and one of the handles) still not getting anything to the starter when turning key. I thought about just getting a new wiring harness and may go that route, but figured I might learn a thing or 2 troubleshooting. Im good with a DVM so Ill be looking for schematics and tips on how to following the wiring to find the issue!

J

JD_Driver

Back on an ExMark
Picked up a nice Lazer Z Triton 66

J

JD_Driver

I guess I never really checked in.
Started out with a used high power Lazer Z. When we moved this house came with a John Deere D130. An OK mower, but for mowing 3 acres weekly. It was getting quite a bit of abuse.

Fast forward a bit got into a seemingly well-kept 2006 Lazer Z with the 66 inch triton deck, and I had read it 1000 hours. I have had to do some work to it like belts, and of course, troubleshot it down to head gasket leakage then I drop the governor spring had to wait on that to come in.

I got the deck leveled, the cat set, and the front drop down spacers or baffles position. Seems to be cutting rather well now.

C

CHughes

Hi, I have an 604ASLZ25KC and the mule belt slips off and embeds itself under the jackshaft. I have replaced the jackshaft pulley but once again it slipped off and is tough to remove the pulley to get the belt out.

J

jjreds01

Hi all bought a Lazer Z used has some issues I'm trying to figure out. Made a post about it thanks

H

heloduby10

Recently purchased a exmark lazer z e series, 60” deck with the Kawasaki engine. Seems to be a good mower however there does appear to be a manufactures defect concerning the right hand motion control lever. The lever is prohibited from going full forward due to the spring-leaf hitting the control lever frame box. The dealer made adjustments so the mower would track correctly however now the mower will not operate at full power.