Welcome to the Dixie Chopper Forum!

BobM53

Threads
We have a certified antique! It is an '89 XW 2500 with a new Generac engine of 27 hp and the 60" deck. We have had it about 5 years (We are guessing. The wife and I both have frosting on the top and the dreaded CRS disease! ) I have been on this forum before, but can't remember exactly when. I got plenty of great advice then and that's what I'm after now. I will post a thread about my questions regarding the new engine. Thanks for having us back.

dixieseller

Threads
Re: Dixie Chopper-The World's Fastest Lawnmower

I got an XW2000-60 last year that was one of the first Dixie's I sold back in 1993. It still runs and mows today. 80% of the new parts will interchange to it. 21 years old and still faster than a Deere!

Chevychopper

Threads
Picked up a 04 XWF 2700 few years back. Got a great price on it from a private owner, only had 95 original hrs on it.
Anyways here's a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 16

The Don'z

Threads
GREETINGS to all Dixie Chopper mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Dixie Chopper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Dixie Chopper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Dixie Chopper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.[/QUOTE

Greetings, don't remember if I ever introduced myself, I'm Don, Fulton, TX, 2006 DC Classic 2760.
Love the power, have had my dixie in places that would kill a normal mower, she just eats right through most high grasses, mesquite bushes, and about anything else that gets in her path. I know she's not a brush hog, but don't tell her that. The turf-boss tires are great on hills, but be careful in sandy conditions, had to use my truck to pull her out more than afew times.
Wouldn't trade my Dixie for anything, and will purchase another when the need presents itself.

LSnapp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm from Indiana. I have a Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle (I think silver eagle) and mow close to 10 acres. I also own a Kubota G1900 and 1960 Ford WorkMaster tractor. When running we use the Dixie to mow the yard and love it. I hope I can get some good incite to the Dixie Chopper from this forum.

Thank You

L.S

Threads
I have an 2005 X2503-60 with the 25hp Kohler. I used to love it till this year. I have replaced all the bearings, belts but everything else is set the same as it's always been and now I have the dreaded grass streak on the left side. I would understand if it was foot tall grass but this regular yard grass. You have to poke along to get it to mow nice. I am ready to sell it and try a different brand. Any one else dealing with this issue and maybe fix it?

dixieseller

Threads
WHAT ARE YOUR RPM's when mowing?? what is no load highest RPMs? What is the compression on each cyclinder when hot?

Threads
WHAT ARE YOUR RPM's when mowing?? what is no load highest RPMs? What is the compression on each cyclinder when hot?

I mow at 3660 rpms, Has dropped to 3200 on thick stuff and if you slow up it comes right back up. With out the blades running I can turn 3720 before the govenor starts reving it up and down. Haven't checked compression since the motor was rebuilt 123 hrs ago.

cclllc

Threads
Hello, I'm a new member on this forum. I will be placing a order for a Dixie Chopper 3360HP tomorrow. I have done a lot of research and seem to think that this mower should be able to perform for me just like I'm wanting. Hope this is my last mower i have to buy. From the way they are constructed, it looks like it will hold up well. My last mower was a TG1860D Kubota. Great mower as well. Just didn't want to pay that much more for a Kubota. (They are very proud of their parts too). Im hoping I'm making a wise decision here. Seem like there is a lot of haters of the Generac engines, and i also read a lot of good. Im the type that works on my own stuff, and pays attention to details. Some of the people experiencing problems might be bringing their own problems back on themselves. All I'm saying is that theres a lot of dumb people out there. The Amsoil 1 micron filter was a good selling point as well. I would figure with proper care this engine should last. P.S. i will be mowing a little less than 10 acres in between mine and my dads place. Thanks for the forum guys:thumbsup:

Hows the new 3360? I also bought one and had a few issues but overall its ok. I have 3 other DCs as well

M48TANKER

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an 2005 X2503-60 with the 25hp Kohler. I used to love it till this year. I have replaced all the bearings, belts but everything else is set the same as it's always been and now I have the dreaded grass streak on the left side. I would understand if it was foot tall grass but this regular yard grass. You have to poke along to get it to mow nice. I am ready to sell it and try a different brand. Any one else dealing with this issue and maybe fix it?

Justin,
I'm certainly no expert but from past experience I might suggest some possible causes. #1: Deck is hanging uneven.(Check the bolts that hold the chain "deck hanging" links to be sure one is not loose or bent.) #2: A dull blade/bent blade. #3: Something I check every time I mow= Tire Air Pressure. #4: If you are having to "poke along" then try mowing at full engine speed,(not full forward speed) with sharp balanced blades, equally aired up tires according to specifications and a leveled deck. Maybe check the "anti-scalping" rollers to see if they are turning freely.?????
Things can and do get out of whack when you change bearings, belts, and blades. For example: I've noticed on my Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 2750 that the blades all have two thick washers,(like a full 1/8th of an inch thick) between the blade and the spindle shaft. If you were to lose a washer or forget to put it back on then the blades would be cutting at different heights.
I'm not sure if all DCs have two thick washers (plus the fiber cushioning washer between the blade and the spindle shaft or not?
Do you perform you own maintenance? Dealer's employees aren't perfect any more than I am. Perhaps something was overlooked at service time?