Welcome to the Dixie Chopper Forum!

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello I'm very new to zero turns. I did a little reading and liked what I saw out of the DC's so I searched and bought an old beater with claimed low hours. It's a 1999 XWD 2600. It was pretty neglected and used roughly sitting outside the last three years as it was one of thirteen in a commercial setting. But lucky for it it was a 60" and they had mostly 72's so I saw where the two Dixie's sat and it really looked like they didn't get used as much. So I spent 20 hard hours heating,bending, light welding, painting, polishing and now this is what I have. I have the manual and after reading there are a few things that are very unclear. So I have some very basic questions if someone doesn't mind answering I would very much appreciate it! Thanks!

View attachment 34455View attachment 34456View attachment 34457
did anyone reply to your post? I may be able to help. I work on them at a dealer. Will be glad to help if I can

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi folk! I am new to forums. I would like to introduce myself my name is John and I have just purchased Dixie chopper with a 72 inch cut it was manufactured in 2006 and is in pretty good shape I am now handicapped and I thought this was a way I'd be able to cut my power lines without too much of a problem; when I try to use them or however it only wants to pull with the right side and not the left it kinda makes it grinding noise when I engage the forward motion it will move somewhat in reverse though I was told it needs a drive motor number 200018.
I don't quite know what to do because when I went to price that drive motor it was $1600 I guess I'm dead in the water
can anybody help me find a drive mode I'm very limited because I have a limited income because I am disabled I thought this was going to be the dream come true but it's not looking that way
I really don't know anything about the Dixie chopper but I really love the way it is and the way I can get up on it I don't know where to find parts I don't know where there's any used parts if anybody could give me a hand I really appreciate it I was told this is the place I should go let me know if you can help John
Is it a xg2600 or an xxg2703

Moospis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to all the grass kings and queens. My girlfriend recently bought a Dixie Chopper Classic 2760 for $5000 from a guy who told her he paid $1400 new. It has 510 hours on it. She wants to sell it to me because she says its too much mower for her and I have 4 acres to mow so trying to steal it from her. She just talked to the guy who sold it to her and he told her she doesn't have to do anything to it this fall just get a spring tune-up you know in the spring. I told her who doesn't winterize their small engine in the winter? I always use Stabil and fog cylinders and pull the battery. Am I wrong or what? Please no replies as to trying to steal it. LOL

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello to all the grass kings and queens. My girlfriend recently bought a Dixie Chopper Classic 2760 for $5000 from a guy who told her he paid $1400 new. It has 510 hours on it. She wants to sell it to me because she says its too much mower for her and I have 4 acres to mow so trying to steal it from her. She just talked to the guy who sold it to her and he told her she doesn't have to do anything to it this fall just get a spring tune-up you know in the spring. I told her who doesn't winterize their small engine in the winter? I always use Stabil and fog cylinders and pull the battery. Am I wrong or what? Please no replies as to trying to steal it. LOL
No you're right but most people don't do it this way they usually wait until spring to have it done. Engine manufacturers recommend changing the oil as well. You could put the battery on a battery minder as well.

strohmoose

Threads
GREETINGS to all Dixie Chopper mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Dixie Chopper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Dixie Chopper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Dixie Chopper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Hello I am Dick and I have had 2005 Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle LT 2000-50" for over 10 years now. It has been repowered with a Kohler 25hp and it is been great!

bkinsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I am Bruce and bought a used Dixie X-2001-50.

bkinsey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am trying to locate the info on the engine. It is a Kohler Command 20 but the info sticker is missing. I have the engine bar code that is under the seat. Is there any way I can trace the numbers for the engine. I need to do some engine work and want to get the correct parts.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
What kind of bar code are you referring to, not familiar with an engine bar code under the seat. Looked the model no. up but need serial no. since there are several serial no. breaks. May be able to get you a model no. for the engine if you will give me the serial no. of the mower. If it is not on a sticker under the seat. Not on the bottom of the seat but on the frame where the seat hinges. If not there it many be stamped into the frame where the back of seat pan rest on the frame in front of the engine. Invert the first two digits and that will be the year it was built.

jdloyd01

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Dixie Chopper mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Dixie Chopper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Dixie Chopper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Dixie Chopper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them

jdloyd01

Forum Newbie
Threads
Name's John. Have a Zee 2. 42" with the Briggs and Stratton. Good mower.

I mow about 25,000 square feet with it. Does a good job.