Export thread

Welcome to the Dixie Chopper Forum!

M

Muhammad

GREETINGS to all Dixie Chopper mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Dixie Chopper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Dixie Chopper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Dixie Chopper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

T

twinsett

Bought last years Classic model & love it. I mow 6 acres in less than half the time it use to take to bush hog it. It does like gas, but I guess that goes with the speed.

N

noma

Welcome aboaed twinsett

Glad to see new member join lmf and a lot of times when you get a machine that goes faster it uses more gas it usally takes a bigger engine to go the faster speed and you cut a 54 inch path to.:smile:

O

Ogie

First of all I want to say Thank You to the forum administrators for adding the Dixie Choppers to this forum..Way to go!!!!!:cloud9:

Ok Guys, Let's show everybody what we are doing with our "Chopper's". I have a "High Performance" model with a 60" cut. I have modified a 26 gallon atv sprayer tank to fit my chopper and will post photo's soon. This sprayer is a great investment and I use it to spray for the nasty bahia weed on my property...What a thrill to see thay bahia go away. I say go away because it does return. I tell my friends that you cannot eliminate it but you can control it and the sprayer does it very well.I also purchased a brand name yard vac and its works quite well. I had to make a special attachment in order to connect the exhaust tube. If you use the idea that the vac company shows you need to remove the Operator Controlled Discharge (OCD). I did not have to remove mine. Pic's later if anyone interested.
I have towed utility trailers around on my property so the tow capacity is pretty good. I have a 34 foot "ex" camper frame that I can pull with it.
My next addition is a Convertable top to use here in the summer sun. I intend to make it myself and also will post pictures when it's done.
This past summer I bit the bullet and bought the springer front wheel forks and they seem to be doing OK, but nothing to brag about.
I am a member of a radio controlled airplane club and cut the grass there with my own mower. The club owns a small mower and it takes them about four hours to mow the field, I do it in an hour and 15 minutes.

K

KennyV

... Pic's later if anyone interested.

Are you kidding... WE love pictures... :thumbsup:post them. :smile:KennyV

M

mrmower

How do you become a Dixie CHopper Territory Manager?

justinlogue5_0

justinlogue5_0

Can some one help me please? I posted a thread on here (Needing Parts) and now it won't let me back on it.:frown: Did I do or doing some thing wrong? Thanks.

K

KennyV

There are a few key words that when used in thread titles can block or stop them....
Depending on what your title was .... that may be what happened..
Try again, with a bit different title... :smile:KennyV

T

thetowman

I love my silver eagle 44'' cut with 26 hp generac very powerful very impressed with its performance! So powerful the only problems i've ever had is the nuts and bolts for the drive pumps keep vibrating loose will in turn cause tire and gas tank damage if u don't pay attention but i am modifiying this problem with a simple fix putting locktite on the bolts with lock nuts instead of standard nuts! will let everyone know how it works!! Oh and another piece of advice to new owners, whenever your first oil change is due replace with the same as the factory Lucas 15w40 , the standard small engine sae 30 causes the engine to run hotter and work harder i've noticed in mine! since i've run this Lucas 15w40 in my 93 suburban and replaced back in my machine!! Love my chopper!!--jason:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

N

nocolon

I have an 19 year old x2000 60' cut that I Bought last year. It is on its third Kohler engine and the deck has been replaced. I worked for a landscaper that purchased the mower new. I use to use it daily for 3years , then I got into a diferent line of work. Last year I heard it was for sale so I had to have it. Now when I mow my lawn its like having a long lost friend back. How many other makers of mowers can have that longevity?

J

Jabbeaux

Bought a 27/50 dixie chopper last year. So far have been very happy with the mower. I cut about 4 acres and it has cut my time pretty much in half. Take care.

J

jerrywethi

:confused2::confused2:

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Dixie Chopper owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Dixie Chopper mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Dixie Chopper stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

K

KennyV

:confused2::confused2:

Hello Jerry & WELCOME to LMF...

Why are you confused???
:smile:KennyV

D

docwindprod

Thanks; I feel very welcome.

I'm just looking for some insight here. This year we bought a demo 2010 Silver Eagle and love it.

However, at about 50 hours the LED began blinking between the hours of use and "Change Oil".... which is confusing because we bought it with about 20 hours on it, and they did the whole oil/filter change before delivery.

Of course it's a holiday week, so our dealer's not at his phone (which makes perfect sense to me). However, this could be one of three things:

1) an annoying and poorly-timed reminder to do an oil change that shouldn't be necessary for another 50 hours of use,
2) a bad pressure sensor, or
3) a REAL issue that's gonna take some in-shop work.

i can't be taking chances with this thing, and don't feel like changing oil and filter until 1) i have enough oil, and 2) i know that's the solution.

has anyone out there had issues with this?

Silver EAGLE 2760HP. i think it's a Genelac engine.

Thanks!

Parkmower

Parkmower

docwindprod said:

I'm just looking for some insight here. This year we bought a demo 2010 Silver Eagle and love it.

However, at about 50 hours the LED began blinking between the hours of use and "Change Oil".... which is confusing because we bought it with about 20 hours on it, and they did the whole oil/filter change before delivery.

Of course it's a holiday week, so our dealer's not at his phone (which makes perfect sense to me). However, this could be one of three things:

1) an annoying and poorly-timed reminder to do an oil change that shouldn't be necessary for another 50 hours of use,

i can't be taking chances with this thing, and don't feel like changing oil and filter until 1) i have enough oil, and 2) i know that's the solution.

Thanks!

My bet is it is a timed reminder light. Not 100% sure as I've never seen yr model, but I've ran a few mowers that do that. Best bet is look in the manual if you don't have it I'd try looking for online manual.

C

Carl2615

Hello to the forum.
I recently purchased a 2006 Silver Eagle and I just know that I have a good chance in receiving some guidence, but I will hopefully post in the right area. There is a lot of very good readings in this forum. Anyway hello from South Florida.

Regards.....Carl2615

K

KennyV

WELCOME to LMF...
:smile:KennyV

S

s10xtremist

Thanks!

It comes on every 50 hours regardless. It should stop blinking by 52 hours, though.

K

kwhites634

Just found this forum today, though I've owned and commercially operated a Classic XW2002 for 13-15 years. Posted a problem on here earlier this evening; doesn't even show up yet. Maybe I'm just not familiar with the site enough yet. I've noticed, however, that the most recent post is a year old, so I'm wondering just how active it is

C

cableguy52

Looks like a good place to be !!

D

DLS

[Need some help with my Dixie SP2800 28hp EFI 60"cut. Idles fine at full throttle, but engage deck and start mowing rpm's drop like crazy. Tried new fuel filters O2 sensor tune up, nothing helps. New belts also. Any ideas? I'm stuck and grass is growing like mad. Thanks in advance.

D

DLS

Need some help!! Dixie Chopper SP2800 60" cut. Idles at full throttle fine but engage deck and start mowing power and rpm's drop drastically. Here is what I tried- Tune up, new belts, new fuel filters, new belts, new O2 sensor. No difference at all, any idea's?? Thanks in advance.

S

Shoesole

If it is the EFI model, then I would ck fuel pressure to the injector assembley and possibly the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), either item could cause your symptoms. Cking them may just possibly point you in the right direction....

D

DLS

Will do thanks a bunch!!

L

lapainchopper2750

Hello! Just got a 2012 silver eagle 2750. Look forward to meeting the crew.

W

whiskeytripping@yahoo.com

Hello, I'm a new member on this forum. I will be placing a order for a Dixie Chopper 3360HP tomorrow. I have done a lot of research and seem to think that this mower should be able to perform for me just like I'm wanting. Hope this is my last mower i have to buy. From the way they are constructed, it looks like it will hold up well. My last mower was a TG1860D Kubota. Great mower as well. Just didn't want to pay that much more for a Kubota. (They are very proud of their parts too). Im hoping I'm making a wise decision here. Seem like there is a lot of haters of the Generac engines, and i also read a lot of good. Im the type that works on my own stuff, and pays attention to details. Some of the people experiencing problems might be bringing their own problems back on themselves. All I'm saying is that theres a lot of dumb people out there. The Amsoil 1 micron filter was a good selling point as well. I would figure with proper care this engine should last. P.S. i will be mowing a little less than 10 acres in between mine and my dads place. Thanks for the forum guys:thumbsup:

K

KennyV

placing a order for a Dixie Chopper 3360HP
... Amsoil 1 micron filter was a good selling point as well. I would figure with proper care this engine should last.:

You will love your new machine... And with Ansoil or Any Good Synthetic Oil ... it will Last decadeS. :smile:KennyV

kctinman

kctinman

New mower.jpg Have bought 4 Dixie Choppers over the years. Newest pictured ... 27 hp Kawasaki 60 inch cut bought in 2013. Love it .

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

View attachment 16466 Have bought 4 Dixie Choppers over the years. Newest pictured ... 27 hp Kawasaki 60 inch cut bought in 2013. Love it .

Nice trailer, and nice truck, too! Wow...4 DC's!! :licking:

E

edlkll

Bought a 2006 XT 3300 Dixie Chopper last year. Had to have a few things repaired by a dealer.
So far a great mower, cut my mowing time in half. edlkll

B

BobM53

We have a certified antique! It is an '89 XW 2500 with a new Generac engine of 27 hp and the 60" deck. We have had it about 5 years (We are guessing. The wife and I both have frosting on the top and the dreaded CRS disease! ) I have been on this forum before, but can't remember exactly when. I got plenty of great advice then and that's what I'm after now. I will post a thread about my questions regarding the new engine. Thanks for having us back.

D

dixieseller

Re: Dixie Chopper-The World's Fastest Lawnmower

I got an XW2000-60 last year that was one of the first Dixie's I sold back in 1993. It still runs and mows today. 80% of the new parts will interchange to it. 21 years old and still faster than a Deere!

Chevychopper

Chevychopper

Picked up a 04 XWF 2700 few years back. Got a great price on it from a private owner, only had 95 original hrs on it.
Anyways here's a pic.

Attachments

The Don'z

The Don'z

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.[/QUOTE

Greetings, don't remember if I ever introduced myself, I'm Don, Fulton, TX, 2006 DC Classic 2760.
Love the power, have had my dixie in places that would kill a normal mower, she just eats right through most high grasses, mesquite bushes, and about anything else that gets in her path. I know she's not a brush hog, but don't tell her that. The turf-boss tires are great on hills, but be careful in sandy conditions, had to use my truck to pull her out more than afew times.
Wouldn't trade my Dixie for anything, and will purchase another when the need presents itself.

L

LSnapp

I'm from Indiana. I have a Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle (I think silver eagle) and mow close to 10 acres. I also own a Kubota G1900 and 1960 Ford WorkMaster tractor. When running we use the Dixie to mow the yard and love it. I hope I can get some good incite to the Dixie Chopper from this forum.

Thank You

L.S

justinlogue5_0

justinlogue5_0

I have an 2005 X2503-60 with the 25hp Kohler. I used to love it till this year. I have replaced all the bearings, belts but everything else is set the same as it's always been and now I have the dreaded grass streak on the left side. I would understand if it was foot tall grass but this regular yard grass. You have to poke along to get it to mow nice. I am ready to sell it and try a different brand. Any one else dealing with this issue and maybe fix it?

D

dixieseller

WHAT ARE YOUR RPM's when mowing?? what is no load highest RPMs? What is the compression on each cyclinder when hot?

justinlogue5_0

justinlogue5_0

WHAT ARE YOUR RPM's when mowing?? what is no load highest RPMs? What is the compression on each cyclinder when hot?

I mow at 3660 rpms, Has dropped to 3200 on thick stuff and if you slow up it comes right back up. With out the blades running I can turn 3720 before the govenor starts reving it up and down. Haven't checked compression since the motor was rebuilt 123 hrs ago.

cclllc

cclllc

Hello, I'm a new member on this forum. I will be placing a order for a Dixie Chopper 3360HP tomorrow. I have done a lot of research and seem to think that this mower should be able to perform for me just like I'm wanting. Hope this is my last mower i have to buy. From the way they are constructed, it looks like it will hold up well. My last mower was a TG1860D Kubota. Great mower as well. Just didn't want to pay that much more for a Kubota. (They are very proud of their parts too). Im hoping I'm making a wise decision here. Seem like there is a lot of haters of the Generac engines, and i also read a lot of good. Im the type that works on my own stuff, and pays attention to details. Some of the people experiencing problems might be bringing their own problems back on themselves. All I'm saying is that theres a lot of dumb people out there. The Amsoil 1 micron filter was a good selling point as well. I would figure with proper care this engine should last. P.S. i will be mowing a little less than 10 acres in between mine and my dads place. Thanks for the forum guys:thumbsup:

Hows the new 3360? I also bought one and had a few issues but overall its ok. I have 3 other DCs as well

M

M48TANKER

I have an 2005 X2503-60 with the 25hp Kohler. I used to love it till this year. I have replaced all the bearings, belts but everything else is set the same as it's always been and now I have the dreaded grass streak on the left side. I would understand if it was foot tall grass but this regular yard grass. You have to poke along to get it to mow nice. I am ready to sell it and try a different brand. Any one else dealing with this issue and maybe fix it?

Justin,
I'm certainly no expert but from past experience I might suggest some possible causes. #1: Deck is hanging uneven.(Check the bolts that hold the chain "deck hanging" links to be sure one is not loose or bent.) #2: A dull blade/bent blade. #3: Something I check every time I mow= Tire Air Pressure. #4: If you are having to "poke along" then try mowing at full engine speed,(not full forward speed) with sharp balanced blades, equally aired up tires according to specifications and a leveled deck. Maybe check the "anti-scalping" rollers to see if they are turning freely.?????
Things can and do get out of whack when you change bearings, belts, and blades. For example: I've noticed on my Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 2750 that the blades all have two thick washers,(like a full 1/8th of an inch thick) between the blade and the spindle shaft. If you were to lose a washer or forget to put it back on then the blades would be cutting at different heights.
I'm not sure if all DCs have two thick washers (plus the fiber cushioning washer between the blade and the spindle shaft or not?
Do you perform you own maintenance? Dealer's employees aren't perfect any more than I am. Perhaps something was overlooked at service time?

justinlogue5_0

justinlogue5_0

Justin,
I'm certainly no expert but from past experience I might suggest some possible causes. #1: Deck is hanging uneven.(Check the bolts that hold the chain "deck hanging" links to be sure one is not loose or bent.) #2: A dull blade/bent blade. #3: Something I check every time I mow= Tire Air Pressure. #4: If you are having to "poke along" then try mowing at full engine speed,(not full forward speed) with sharp balanced blades, equally aired up tires according to specifications and a leveled deck. Maybe check the "anti-scalping" rollers to see if they are turning freely.?????
Things can and do get out of whack when you change bearings, belts, and blades. For example: I've noticed on my Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 2750 that the blades all have two thick washers,(like a full 1/8th of an inch thick) between the blade and the spindle shaft. If you were to lose a washer or forget to put it back on then the blades would be cutting at different heights.
I'm not sure if all DCs have two thick washers (plus the fiber cushioning washer between the blade and the spindle shaft or not?
Do you perform you own maintenance? Dealer's employees aren't perfect any more than I am. Perhaps something was overlooked at service time?

Thanks for the advice but I have checked everything you have mentioned with no luck. My father in laws brand new chopper would every now and then leave a part of a strip as well. It would make you think you missed a spot. The more I read the more I found out that this is a chopper common problem and everyone had opinions on how to make it less noticeable. So long story short, I am done with choppers. I was talking to a guy the other day who loved them more than me and he made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I sold it. It is gone and out of my hair now. Thanks for the help.

S

Scubasonic

Just got a new DC Silver Eagle 60"

J

jfaceit

how do i increase the speed of my chopper 2008 silver eagle series

BlazNT

BlazNT

Increase the OD of your tires. Hydros have a fixed speed controlled by input speed that if you increase you will destroy the seals.

D

dlp571@frontier.com

Thanks!
Did you say it was lighting up in between where the lights are

J

Jeffroe

Hello I'm very new to zero turns. I did a little reading and liked what I saw out of the DC's so I searched and bought an old beater with claimed low hours. It's a 1999 XWD 2600. It was pretty neglected and used roughly sitting outside the last three years as it was one of thirteen in a commercial setting. But lucky for it it was a 60" and they had mostly 72's so I saw where the two Dixie's sat and it really looked like they didn't get used as much. So I spent 20 hard hours heating,bending, light welding, painting, polishing and now this is what I have. I have the manual and after reading there are a few things that are very unclear. So I have some very basic questions if someone doesn't mind answering I would very much appreciate it! Thanks!

3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

C

cpg

Thanks for accepting me,I I currently don't own a Dixie,but I'm in the market for a new mower , and I think I found a good deal on a used iron eagle. But as I don't Kno much about them, I am looking here for advice,thank you!

W

wlader1

Hi all,

Bill here, just bought my neighbor's 2007 Classic and mowed my 3 acre property in under 3 hours! I am pretty stoked about the speed and quality of cut I received.

I

imafishingfred

Hi I'm Fred and I have a 2007 50" Silver Eagle. I hope this forum will be useful in finding replacement items for my mower.

J

jeffdoss

Hello, I am strongly considering purchasing a Dixie Chopper; trying to decide between the Eagle 60" 27 HP Kawasaki and Eagle HP 60" 31 HP Kawasaki. I mow 5 acres and want something that will last a long time. Any advice?

Also, I know DC has changed hands again, commercially, I not aware of anything that I should be concerned about. But any information is helpful.

I currently own a 2009 Bad Boy 60" 27 HP Kohler, but the drive gears are leaking and shot.

J

jeffdoss

Hello, I am strongly considering purchasing a Dixie Chopper; trying to decide between the Eagle 60" 27 HP Kawasaki and Eagle HP 60" 31 HP Kawasaki. I mow 5 acres and want something that will last a long time. Any advice?

Also, I know DC has changed hands again, commercially, I not aware of anything that I should be concerned about. But any information is helpful.

I currently own a 2009 Bad Boy 60" 27 HP Kohler, but the drive gears are leaking and shot.

I ended up buying the Dixie Chopper Eagle 60" 27 HP Kawasaki. Happy with the deal I got and the mower.

D

DW89

Hello folks. My name is David. The farm purchased two Dixie Choppers for mowing at various farms. The first mower is a Silver Eagle model number SE2760HP. Purchase date is 5/4/12. The other mower is a Classic model.

S

SilverEagleOwner

Hi guys. Bought my Silver Eagle LT2700-60D brand new in 2006 for cutting about 7 acres around my house.

H

heavy_kevie

Hi All, just bought a 2016 Dixie Chopper classic with the 31hp Kohler! I am so geeked!

S

stephieroxx

Hey yall I'm new to the site and I have a Dixie Chopper magnum that I have a question about and for the life of me I can't figure it out.. So I've had problems keeping air in one of my front tires so I decided to order the flat free ones. Order them with the same size as what's on the og and measured the shaft length and shaft diameter and get the tires and they are way too big, like fat and alot rounder but the size is the same! So does dixie chopper make their own special 13 x 6.50 x6? HELP!

B

bertsmobile1

Not exactly sure what you are saying
But the overall tyre sizes should be roughly the same
Some makers measure the overall diameter as that of the case so it will be bigger by 2 times the tread depth .
Photos would make things a lot clearer

S

stbird

I am new to site and own a 2005 Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 2005 with 44" deck, which I bought new and it has been an awesome machine. Just had my first spindle issue and need some help taking it apart.

R

Richard Martin

Hey, I have a 2003 XT2800 Xtreme Mowchine with a 28 HP EFI Kolher. It has about 2800 hours on it.

Attachments

H

hlw49

Bought an X1901 2000 model for a customer that had it and the top main bearing in the FH Kawa went out. Bought it for $300.00 and took the CV20 Kohler off my old sears lawn tractor. Sweet little machine only draw is can be a little jumpy on rough terrain. Just can't wear these things out. Have a friend with a '97 xw2500 with over 8,000 hours on. Original engine was replaced in the first year, replacement is still running. CV25 Kohler.

H

hammy53

Hi folk! I am new to forums. I would like to introduce myself my name is John and I have just purchased Dixie chopper with a 72 inch cut it was manufactured in 2006 and is in pretty good shape I am now handicapped and I thought this was a way I'd be able to cut my power lines without too much of a problem; when I try to use them or however it only wants to pull with the right side and not the left it kinda makes it grinding noise when I engage the forward motion it will move somewhat in reverse though I was told it needs a drive motor number 200018.
I don't quite know what to do because when I went to price that drive motor it was $1600 I guess I'm dead in the water
can anybody help me find a drive mode I'm very limited because I have a limited income because I am disabled I thought this was going to be the dream come true but it's not looking that way
I really don't know anything about the Dixie chopper but I really love the way it is and the way I can get up on it I don't know where to find parts I don't know where there's any used parts if anybody could give me a hand I really appreciate it I was told this is the place I should go let me know if you can help John

H

hlw49

Hello I'm very new to zero turns. I did a little reading and liked what I saw out of the DC's so I searched and bought an old beater with claimed low hours. It's a 1999 XWD 2600. It was pretty neglected and used roughly sitting outside the last three years as it was one of thirteen in a commercial setting. But lucky for it it was a 60" and they had mostly 72's so I saw where the two Dixie's sat and it really looked like they didn't get used as much. So I spent 20 hard hours heating,bending, light welding, painting, polishing and now this is what I have. I have the manual and after reading there are a few things that are very unclear. So I have some very basic questions if someone doesn't mind answering I would very much appreciate it! Thanks!

View attachment 34455View attachment 34456View attachment 34457
did anyone reply to your post? I may be able to help. I work on them at a dealer. Will be glad to help if I can

H

hlw49

Hi folk! I am new to forums. I would like to introduce myself my name is John and I have just purchased Dixie chopper with a 72 inch cut it was manufactured in 2006 and is in pretty good shape I am now handicapped and I thought this was a way I'd be able to cut my power lines without too much of a problem; when I try to use them or however it only wants to pull with the right side and not the left it kinda makes it grinding noise when I engage the forward motion it will move somewhat in reverse though I was told it needs a drive motor number 200018.
I don't quite know what to do because when I went to price that drive motor it was $1600 I guess I'm dead in the water
can anybody help me find a drive mode I'm very limited because I have a limited income because I am disabled I thought this was going to be the dream come true but it's not looking that way
I really don't know anything about the Dixie chopper but I really love the way it is and the way I can get up on it I don't know where to find parts I don't know where there's any used parts if anybody could give me a hand I really appreciate it I was told this is the place I should go let me know if you can help John
Is it a xg2600 or an xxg2703

M

Moospis

Hello to all the grass kings and queens. My girlfriend recently bought a Dixie Chopper Classic 2760 for $5000 from a guy who told her he paid $1400 new. It has 510 hours on it. She wants to sell it to me because she says its too much mower for her and I have 4 acres to mow so trying to steal it from her. She just talked to the guy who sold it to her and he told her she doesn't have to do anything to it this fall just get a spring tune-up you know in the spring. I told her who doesn't winterize their small engine in the winter? I always use Stabil and fog cylinders and pull the battery. Am I wrong or what? Please no replies as to trying to steal it. LOL

H

hlw49

Hello to all the grass kings and queens. My girlfriend recently bought a Dixie Chopper Classic 2760 for $5000 from a guy who told her he paid $1400 new. It has 510 hours on it. She wants to sell it to me because she says its too much mower for her and I have 4 acres to mow so trying to steal it from her. She just talked to the guy who sold it to her and he told her she doesn't have to do anything to it this fall just get a spring tune-up you know in the spring. I told her who doesn't winterize their small engine in the winter? I always use Stabil and fog cylinders and pull the battery. Am I wrong or what? Please no replies as to trying to steal it. LOL
No you're right but most people don't do it this way they usually wait until spring to have it done. Engine manufacturers recommend changing the oil as well. You could put the battery on a battery minder as well.

strohmoose

strohmoose

Hello I am Dick and I have had 2005 Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle LT 2000-50" for over 10 years now. It has been repowered with a Kohler 25hp and it is been great!

B

bkinsey

Hello I am Bruce and bought a used Dixie X-2001-50.

B

bkinsey

I am trying to locate the info on the engine. It is a Kohler Command 20 but the info sticker is missing. I have the engine bar code that is under the seat. Is there any way I can trace the numbers for the engine. I need to do some engine work and want to get the correct parts.

H

hlw49

What kind of bar code are you referring to, not familiar with an engine bar code under the seat. Looked the model no. up but need serial no. since there are several serial no. breaks. May be able to get you a model no. for the engine if you will give me the serial no. of the mower. If it is not on a sticker under the seat. Not on the bottom of the seat but on the frame where the seat hinges. If not there it many be stamped into the frame where the back of seat pan rest on the frame in front of the engine. Invert the first two digits and that will be the year it was built.

jdloyd01

jdloyd01

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them

jdloyd01

jdloyd01

Name's John. Have a Zee 2. 42" with the Briggs and Stratton. Good mower.

I mow about 25,000 square feet with it. Does a good job.

H

hlw49

Great mower one of the best in it's class. Enjoy

Robertmijr

Robertmijr

Hello everyone my name is Robert, just bought a SB2700 50in used but trying to figure it out