Very steep slope

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting discussion. I am on the fence for a 36" hydro.

Anyways, I guess I am just not use to steep slopes like that. I am just glad I got it done.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Interesting discussion. I am on the fence for a 36" hydro.

Anyways, I guess I am just not use to steep slopes like that. I am just glad I got it done.

Getting it done is the most important thing no matter how you done it. :thumbsup: Doing steep slopes is a lot like riding a motorcycle, after a while it you become more confident with or in your ability's but at the same time you can't get to confident or you can get hurt.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I mow a lot of steep slopes and I never forget that I could get hurt.

Was on a hill the other day and back tire got in a hole. Thought for sure I was going over.

I still like using a rider over a ZTR for steep slopes. I can jump off the rider. On a ztr you are trapped.

This winter I will be looking for a good deal on toro grand stand.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I mow a lot of steep slopes and I never forget that I could get hurt.

Was on a hill the other day and back tire got in a hole. Thought for sure I was going over.

I still like using a rider over a ZTR for steep slopes. I can jump off the rider. On a ztr you are trapped.

This winter I will be looking for a good deal on toro grand stand.

Yea, it is easier to get out of a rider.

Toro grand stands are quite expensive new. I am sure you will find a good used one.

LoCo86

Threads
I mow a lot of steep slopes and I never forget that I could get hurt. Was on a hill the other day and back tire got in a hole. Thought for sure I was going over. I still like using a rider over a ZTR for steep slopes. I can jump off the rider. On a ztr you are trapped. This winter I will be looking for a good deal on toro grand stand.

I've got a 52" model Grandstand I'll be happy to sell you. I just live up the road from you just 20 minutes north of Chattanooga.

mowerguy

Threads
Can you give more info on the grandstand. I may also be interested

LoCo86

Threads
Can you give more info on the grandstand. I may also be interested

It's the 2013 Toro Grandstand with the FS691 Kawasaki engine (23hp) with a 52" Turbo Force deck. It currently has around 55 hours on the machine and just has the normal scratches and dirt that come one with mowing. The only reason I'm selling this machine is that I can not stand for long periods of time from a car wreck that I had years ago. I thought I could handle it but after an hour I start to hurt. If it wasn't for that I would keep the machine. If interested in coming to see the machine just message me.

wingstrut

Threads
Lawnboy18,
It looks very simple, Using your rider, I would make one pass on the bottom of the hill, then one pass at the top, then mow what was left with the small mower, shouldn't be more than two passes.
The flat part at the bottom of the hill will guide your mower on the slope, in other words, you can't slide down the hill if you are at the bottom already.
The top of the hill is level so you won't have any problem there, so that leaves you with what's left and that isn't worth worrying about.
That tiny bit isn't worth getting another mower.

jrelkhunt

Forum Newbie
Threads
hire a neighbor kid to mow the slope with your push mower--It'll get done ,you pay her, and go on about your business

Chuckarn

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is hard to believe no one has mentioned golf shoes and a flymo.