Ummm....another one.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Found an early '80s 21401P that I'm making a 3-hour round trip tomorrow morning for. I think it's from the original owner, a retired gardener. He couldn't upload pics but he says it's in great shape, needs nothing. He also has 2 other snappers. I talked to him tonight and he sounds like a nice old guy. For $50 it's totally worth it to me. Will post pics when I get it home.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Make some room in the garage, look forward to seeing them. :smile:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can't wait to see a pic.
My wife has me on mower buying lock down.

Snapperfreak

Threads
I sold my 3 non-running push mowers for $60 so I made a little room. Actually I'm surprised my wife agreed to let me go all the way to get it. I got the $ from the 3 I sold...a little more for gas though...but 3+ hours when were really busy with stuff at home. I just hope I don't hit holiday traffic!

Snapperfreak

Threads
So I left a few minutes before 5am and it only took an hour to get down there. It is a 1985 21401P with the original 4hp Briggs. We didn't test start it because it was so early and I didn't even care if it started or not but when I got it home it took half a dozen pulls or so and it started right up and runs great. I already put some better steel wheels on the rear axle and it needs a good cleaning...and a rubber cover on the sp lever and a new cover on the speed selector...but it was worth the trip.

image-468399949.jpg

image-4254797929.jpg

image-1184575077.jpg

image-3762649875.jpg

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good find and buy. You will have it looking good in no time. :thumbsup:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't know too much about Snapper so what I say doesn't mean much. Looking at the picture the grass shoot must go into a bagger? The only thing I wouldn't care for is the muffler going back into the operator. Is that a stock exhaust system? Being in the repair trade and working in enclosed shops for many years I am very sensitive to exhaust fumes and something like that would bother me.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very nice.
Looks to be in good shape

Snapperfreak

Threads
No that muffler is not stock, although it doesn't sound any different from others with the standard one. Be that as it may, I will find an original muffler to replace it with. The mower shop is purging its boneyard next month so sometime this month I'll go down there and grab some parts mowers.

Snapperfreak

Threads
I was searching around eBay for mufflers and I came across a bunch of the type that's on there. Maybe that was original equipment on some. Not sure, I've just never seen one before.

I hope to find time soon to clean it up. Nothing major, no paint just a good cleaning. Glad it runs as good as it does, he said it hadn't been started in a couple years.