Troy Built XP Kohler Engine - Knock When Starting and Turning Off

opeepingtomo

Threads
  • / Troy Built XP Kohler Engine - Knock When Starting and Turning Off
Does it run fine at full RPMs ?
Put the deck back on and see if it runs better with the pto engaged

I will test more tomorrow. I had the throttle all the way up but did not actually drive it, just idled.

Near the choke assembly there is an adjustment that you can use to increase or decrease the maximum speed it can go. Right now it is just set at how it came from the the factory. Not sure if that could/would have any variable on anything.

I will drive it around a bit tomorrow and then also clean the deck up and reattach it so I can test with the blades engaged.

Thanks again for all of your help.

opeepingtomo

Threads
Put everything back together this morning and lubed all of the moving joints.

The "vrmmmmmvrmmmmvrmmmmvrmmmm" seems to only be there when idle, once you start moving it smoothes out. Same with the PTO, once you engage the blades everything seems to run pretty smooth.

Seems to be running a lot better now than it has in a while.

Hopefully this will continue!

Is the idle behavior something to look into, or is this normal?

Thanks.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Put everything back together this morning and lubed all of the moving joints. The "vrmmmmmvrmmmmvrmmmmvrmmmm" seems to only be there when idle, once you start moving it smoothes out. Same with the PTO, once you engage the blades everything seems to run pretty smooth. Seems to be running a lot better now than it has in a while. Hopefully this will continue! Is the idle behavior something to look into, or is this normal? Thanks.

Most engine are made to run under a load.
This is why it runs smooths with pto engaged.
I would not worry about it.