Toro ZTR with Myride

DK35vince

Threads
I can tell you something that you may not realize. Getting a zero turn isn’t going to significantly reduce the time that you spend mowing.
Mine did.
For years I was mowing with a 35 HP tractor with an 84" rear finish mower. Took me 3 1/4 hours to mow my lawn (8 acre lawn)
I cut over an hour off my mowing time with my zero turn (35 HP with 72" deck)

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can tell you something that you may not realize. Getting a zero turn isn’t going to significantly reduce the time that you spend mowing. You can get the fanciest seating that you want for the money however, you still won’t be able to run any zero turn at their maximum ground speed. You can come close on smooth properties. With bumpy terrain, you are going to have to slow down. In fact, I rarely reach maximum ground speed, while mowing my lawn. I can run pretty fast on the rights of way next to my yard. That’s well graded and pretty smooth. Inside my fence, no way.
I’m not competing with anyone. I just needed something with some comfort, stout enough to handle the terrain, and a 60” deck. I don’t like mowing all day in 90F+ heat. I have to mow once a week.
I have 4 acres of yard that has been destroyed by moles. Mowing with a rigid frame Z is torture. I have to go slow if i want to keep my teeth and kidneys. With my ferris 3100Z i can mow at full speed like 12 mph according to the gps on my phone. With 36hp and a 61" deck i mow the 4 acres in 1.5 hours unless i have to slow down to not tear up grass in turns. With my 60" 184 LoBoy tractor it took 3.5 hours. I run a mower shop so i get to run quire a few different Z's in my yard. So far nothing has come close to the seat comfort or ride quality of the ferris.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have 4 acres of yard that has been destroyed by moles. Mowing with a rigid frame Z is torture. I have to go slow if i want to keep my teeth and kidneys. With my ferris 3100Z i can mow at full speed like 12 mph according to the gps on my phone. With 36hp and a 61" deck i mow the 4 acres in 1.5 hours unless i have to slow down to not tear up grass in turns. With my 60" 184 LoBoy tractor it took 3.5 hours. I run a mower shop so i get to run quire a few different Z's in my yard. So far nothing has come close to the seat comfort or ride quality of the ferris.
I know exactly what you mean. I have my share of moles and armadillos. My yard is part of an old farm. It was part pastureland and pecan orchard. The former owner only mowed in one direction. That contributes to the roughness. When I follow his pattern, I can run pretty close to top speed. It’s darned sure rough. I didn’t have a Ferris dealer within 90 miles so, that pretty much eliminated Ferris as a choice. I set my air pressure to the lowest recommended settings and that helps.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
MParr, the quality of Toro mowers you can purchase at the big box store are the same as at a dealership. The only difference is that the consumer will not get the the support and experience with the product that a dealership can give them. If something would go wrong a good dealership will have your back.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
MParr, the quality of Toro mowers you can purchase at the big box store are the same as at a dealership. The only difference is that the consumer will not get the the support and experience with the product that a dealership can give them. If something would go wrong a good dealership will have your back.
Normally, you will have to go to the dealer to find a Titan and up. I bought both of mine though the dealer.

Threads
I've been using a Sears craftsman tractor for 22 years and decided to purchase a Toro My Ride model 75755 because of back problems. I purchased one from a dealer that sold John Deere tractors as well. I 'm use to using a lever to go forward and backwards on my craftsman and thought it would be easy with a zero turn. It was. It was my first time on a zero turn. I wished I bought a zero turn years ago when they first came out. It would take me an hour and a half to cut my grass. Now it takes only 30 minutes. The ride is a little faster and not all the time do I make a zero turn. Sometimes I have to back up because I have narrow mulch areas on both sides of the area I'm cutting. Sometimes I make zero turns where as its wide open with no trees or mulch areas. Sometimes I'll just go around the perimeter of obstructions. But wow I can move around and cut my yard where as with the tractor I'm always stopping and backing up or making a three point turn. First thing I like is the soft ride. You don't feel a thing. The seat is on a separate suspension system. Second thing I like about it is the maintenance. Easy access to drain the oil, remove the oil filter, plugs, and air filter. I 've ordered a bagger for it and can't wait to use it. A third thing that sold me was the excellent You Tube videos on the Toro My Ride. A fourth thing was the John Deere dealer gave me 10 percent off the sale price and only charged me $100 for white glove delivery. The delivery gentleman went over the whole unit and stayed with me for a while to make sure I had confidence operating it.

ukrkoz

Threads
I got 60'' Timecutter with MyRide.
It actually does cut crazy fast.
I already did several acre mows and will do the "big" mow today. 4 acre plus.
Unfortunately, I ended with Toro engine one and I can warn you - it does feel underpowered. Claimed HP is what it is, but I can tell, on tall grass, like I did yesterday, and 3 inch mow, it starts bogging. Spend extra $$, get a better engine one.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cutting tall grass, at that height, will bog down most mowers.

ukrkoz

Threads
Well, I didn't mean waist high grass. 6-7 inches. Pretty much, double the cut height. If I cut at the maxx 4, I'll have to cut every week, 5+ acre. Several hours every time.
If that bogs mower.... My now gone 50'' Cub didn't have that problem.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT is not the engine size but the deck capacity tha is the problem
I cut head high grass / lantana / blackberries / privet etc etc etc after the cows have been in the paddock for 6 months with an 8Hp mower easily
The 26Hp Honda just stalls
IT is all about how much trash the chute can toss out .
After all you can cut a swathe thrugh very tall grass with a 1/2 Hp line trimmer