Repairs Toro Z Master Z147 74176

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
the ohv seal is torn. would that be somthing? if it is where do i get the seal

Last edited:

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
also different problem how wold i tell if a solenoid is bad. i think i shorted it out i can jump it with a screw driver and it starts right up but nothing at the key?? would that be the solenoid?/ thanks still working on the pics. have to get some talcum powder first.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
OK im pretty sure its one of the gasgets i put the powder and it seems to be coming from either the head gasgets or the other one (forgot what its called)

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
its coming from where the two heads meat skirting out real bad in several places. what is that gasget called.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Photo is needed here.
Sounds like the block might be cracked in which case the engine is a write off.
Some times you can get away with some JB weld or Devcon on an engine crack & some times you don't.

You test the solenoid by energising the trigger .
If there is 1 small terminal then run a jump from the battery - to the body of the solenoid ( a metal bit ) and then a jumper from the + to the small terminal .
If there are 2 small wires, they can be connected to the battery either way they are not polarity sensative but remove the wires first as one might be earthed through the loom.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The place where the oil is seeping through the powder you put on to identify the location of the leak.
If you can not remember the name of the parts you will need to post a lot of photos so we can see what you are talking about otherwise it will be a case of the blind leading the blind.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
I will take the tires off so you can see beter what i am talking about