Repairs Toro Z Master Z147 74176

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Hi I have a Toro Z master Z147 44" zero turn model 74176 I paid $400 for it out of sombodys scrap pile. I got it all running at everything, but now it's leeking oil A LOT. It seems to be leeking from the very bottom of the engine under the OHV by the oil filter Bu only while its running ,but I can't find where it's coming from Is there some plug or something Maybe a drain plug that's not tight? Thanks

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe that was why it was in scrap pile. Anyhow, need more info, what engine #'s are on it & etc ?

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
FH500V-DS10 kawasaki v twin OHV 17.0 hp

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My guess it is either the valve cover gasket or head gasket.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
Its leeking from under the valve cover thing --that thing that the spark plug is in?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, now you have got me sucked in. If you have to ask that question, you should never have tried to save that piece of equipment. For me to change those gaskets, about 1-1 1/2 hours, if you have never done it before, only time will tell. Can this be done by a beginner? Yes, If they have the manual and the right tools. Have you tried to find a manual for that engine or look for a U-tube video on how to do it, or did you just expect someone here to give you are magic wrench?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
degrease the engine thoroughly and blow dry.

Dust with spray on talcum powder till you get a nice white cost all around where you think the oil is coming from.
Run the engine for a minute or two.
The oil will leave a nice dark wet mark in the nice white powder.
Take some photos of it then post them so we can all have a gekko .
We will then advice you further.
It is not a difficult nor tricky job to do a full set of gaskets but if ou never done it before it will take you all weekend or two depending upon what tools you have and what sort of mechanical aptitude you have.

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
ok I will do that and post a pic I am pretty good at fixing mowers so i think I casn to it i just dont now how

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
to do the gasgets to you have to take apart he enine?