Toro Recycler, Briggs engine quit working after oil change

Joed756

Threads
Since there was junk in the bowl, did you clean out the bowl bolt? which is the main jet too... there are 3 holes in it, 2 cross drilled at the bottom and one on the end of it.
We need to know just how he applies starting fluid. The engine should start for a few seconds regardless of a dirty carb.

Joed756

Threads
You may just need to dump all of your gas, from the gas tank as well as the gas can that you used, look inside for dirt and check for water. But that still doesn't explain why the starting fluid isn't doing anything.

Mark H_NO

Threads
Ok. Pulled the bowl, cleaned bowl and passages, and bolt passages, installed filter and away she goes. Cut my front yard, including several restarts. Started first pull every time. Moral of the story, don't forget to clear out those passages in the bowl bolt, and watch out for auto throttle/choke blocking the starting fluid. I was opening the choke and spraying into the filter. Next time, remove filter, open choke and throttle plate to spray.

This mower is intended to go to my niece, so I'm not declaring it done yet. I'll at least use it for my yard for a couple of weeks. Manufacture date of 2021, runs great, starts great(unless it doesn't) so once it's sorted, it should work well for her.

Thanks once again.

Mark H_NO

Threads
We need to know just how he applies starting fluid. The engine should start for a few seconds regardless of a dirty carb.
Good call. I was opening the choke, and spraying into the air intake outside filter housing. That normally works for me, but... In the future, remove filter, open choke and throttle plate, then spray. Thanks.

Mark H_NO

Threads
You may just need to dump all of your gas, from the gas tank as well as the gas can that you used, look inside for dirt and check for water. But that still doesn't explain why the starting fluid isn't doing
Gas can is good, mower is salvage. As I said earlier, I suspect throttle plate was blocking the starting fluid. Thanks.