Toro Group

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I only use 100% gas in any of my lawn equipment, & I never drain them at season end either. I do add a dose of Seafoam to the 100% gas & run everything to get the mix well thru the systems.

Sta-bil has a shelf life to it, good to mark the date opened on the bottle after opening. It used to say as much on the bottle. maybe still does.
But it goes bad & gets sticky. That was my experience anyhow.
Tis true on the Stabil shelf life. Think from bottle opening time it is 2 years. Always buy the smallest bottle you can find if you choose Stabil.

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Briggs also says drain before putting away for the winter. Every Briggs engine manual I've seen says the same.

What I've found especially on 2-smokes, the fuel lines dry up over the winter and get hard. Which leads to cracking and replacement. Started using Stabil year round. No more replacing fuel lines and starts on first yank. Maybe my fuel hoses were due for replacement I don't know.

I can get new fuel injection hose at Autozone. Might last 1 whole season till it gets soft. When I was a kid, I never changed a fuel line out, go figure.

slomo
When you were young there was this funny stuff called petrol that you bought from the pump
Now you get "fuel" which is not petrol but a light fuel oil mixed with whatever scrap by-product solvent the fuel companies can get cheaply

tcant

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone know where I can buy Toro part #62-7550? It's the crankshaft pulley for transmission belt on 21" Toro Recycler. I have looked over internet suppliers and all indicate not available. I guess if you have a Toro propelled mower after a few years it becomes a push mower! I know their chainsaws went obsolete due to no parts available after a few years.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My former Toro Dealer can't get in new stock. Sorry, can't help..

Did ya try Parts Tree . com ?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some will say draining gas is best.

I use 100% gas & getting near end of mow season I add correct % of Seafoam to my gas & run it in thru the engine good. But that's what I do.
Taryl did a couple fuel snake oil tests. Your Seafoam wonder juice didn't do so hot.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can't believe everything ya read on the net....

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The test was very flawed as I pointed out previously
In places where seafoam or similar are NEEDED it does a good job
Down side is it is NEEDED in probably less than 5% of the places it gets used
And of course it does not fix anything that was not working properly before it is applied

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fuel going off is a very localised thing
I have seen places where the mower nearest the wall of the shed had it's fuel go off while the one 2' further away is fine & visa versa
Three line trimers ( well 2 with line & one with a blade ) stored horizontal on hooks on a wall
The bottom 2 are fine but the top one always gave problems and this was regardless of which one was on the top .