Toro Group

Joed756

Threads
I'm not going to go look for the model number, but I bought my Toro walk-behind used about twelve years ago. I've never had a lick of problem with it, never even had to give it a second pull. If I could figure out how to keep the gas cap from falling off it would be the perfect machine. By the way, I live in Florida so it never gets a rest season.

agogo

Forum Newbie
Threads
1969 19" Toro Whirlwind (Tecumseh motor). Runs like a charm (the electric drill "starter" helps).

I'm wondering about switching to synthetic oil. It calls for 30W, but is there a modern or synthetic oil that would work better?

Or just stay the course ...

Thanks!

Joed756

Threads
1969 19" Toro Whirlwind (Tecumseh motor). Runs like a charm (the electric drill "starter" helps).

I'm wondering about switching to synthetic oil. It calls for 30W, but is there a modern or synthetic oil that would work better?

Or just stay the course ...

Thanks!
Your engine was designed to run on SAE 30 motor oil. Stick with it.

blaster 2023

Threads
Anyone know where I can buy Toro part #62-7550? It's the crankshaft pulley for transmission belt on 21" Toro Recycler. I have looked over internet suppliers and all indicate not available. I guess if you have a Toro propelled mower after a few years it becomes a push mower! I know their chainsaws went obsolete due to no parts available after a few years.

Attachments

• Toro 62-7550 pulley.jpg
    Toro 62-7550 pulley.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 1

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They are still available through Toro dealers.

KM Richards

Threads
I have the TimeCutter MX 5475 zero turn radius mower.

It has sealed transmissions that are not serviceable... but they are about to be because I'm going to drill holes in the bottom so I can drain the oil out and then put a plug in.

That way I can drain the oil every couple of seasons and have the transmissions last longer.

Here's the video of the guy I found on Utube that made his transmissions serviceable.