Today's younger generation

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
To tell you the truth, I wouldn't help, if I was expecting a 'thanks'. That's my point. If you are going to be the good samritan, then be it, and expect nothing. If you are expecting a thanks - well, you've said you're pushing 60 - haven't you noticed all humanity seems to be ungrateful yet? Why just pick on the younger ones? Because you felt hurt? I understand that....but that doesn't mean most, or even many of just the youth are like that. I won't explain my point again. I guess you can be bitter about it......and I'll come right back at you when you post BS about only one group, as if the others are innocent.:wink:

I'll keep replying, too......I'm not like other members who've left when ticked off.......I won't just go away. :biggrin:

I will keep speaking my mind too, just as you are determined to....funny though, that it seems the vast majority of ingrates I meet are in their mid 20's....

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well the vast majority of holier than thou, ungrateful, disrespectful ingrates I'VE met are nearing retirement. :biggrin:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
...and they seem to all be on WELFARE, if that tells you how deep the entitlement mentality goes back. But, you're right, just the young kids. Yup. I guess i was wrong.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well the vast majority of holier than thou, ungrateful, disrespectful ingrates I'VE met are nearing retirement. :biggrin:

NEARING RETIREMENT, HUH? Funny, I have been retired for going on 9 years now, after working since age 18 at numerous jobs. Full pension, full medical benefits, 35 grand a year to do whatever I want whenever I want. Three more years and Social Security kicks in and our mortgage has been paid off for three years now.

LIFE IS GOOD....:biggrin::thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
...and they seem to all be on WELFARE, if that tells you how deep the entitlement mentality goes back. But, you're right, just the young kids. Yup. I guess i was wrong.

Welfare, huh? Funny, I worked for the state Dept of Human Services (welfare dept) here for 32 years. I can tell you folks a lot of things about welfare that ain't so pretty, but despite the abuses there are a lot of people who deservingly collect their benefits. Glad I ain't one of them. :biggrin:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welfare, huh? Funny, I worked for the state Dept of Human Services (welfare dept) here for 32 years. I can tell you folks a lot of things about welfare that ain't so pretty, but despite the abuses there are a lot of people who deservingly collect their benefits. Glad I ain't one of them. :biggrin:

.....AND drive truck? AND 'work with your hands' as you said once to me? Full life indeed! :biggrin:Okay, I give you that - some people are in need of assistance. I was on Food Stamps once.....and I never felt like I deserved a red cent of it! There is a difference, unless you're retired, then I guess your point of view is the only valid one.....:smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

My welfare Caddy....

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 8

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, been fun, JD......because I'm not retired, and I've spent way too much time already on this forum in large chunks, to be told I'm a yahoo whose cohorts in the same age group are nuthing but ingrates (to use your same broad brushes), I will take leave for now. I'm not going anywhere permanently, just for the night.

'Cause I do have other things I'd rather do right this moment than fight with you. Although I will be glad to take this up tomorrow, for a short time.

:goodnight:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
.....AND drive truck? AND 'work with your hands' as you said once to me? Full life indeed! :biggrin:Okay, I give you that - some people are in need of assistance. I was on Food Stamps once.....and I never felt like I deserved a red cent of it! There is a difference, unless you're retired, then I guess your point of view is the only valid one.....:smile:

Twall, my main job was termed "carpenter" but I worked in many different classifications, drove commercial straight trucks up to 25 tons gross weight, delivery, warehousing, shipping and receiving, facilities planning, move and repair copy machines, plan, deliver modify, and install movable office systems, electrical and drywall, general carpentry, emergency services coordinator, building management, I ALSO worked at over 200 various locations around the state of Michigan, was on call some of the week, traveled extensvely, was entrusted with keys and security codes for buildings all over Michigan, had responsibility at times for delivery of up to half a million dollars worth of new servers. and much of my career I had to supervise and direct the work of public assistance clients who were directed to "work off" part of their public assistance benefits at numerous offices. I do not claim to know a lot about public assistance but I DID meet hundreds of clients and knew THOUSANDS of people in my department over my 32 year career. I didn't sit in front of a computer or talk to people over the phone I went out and met them and worked with them. Okay?

Last edited:

monica123

Threads
I have noticed that the newer generation is very unappreciative. I on the other hand, paid for my own wedding myself. I also bought the dresses and suits for my bridal party, etc. It took me a few years to do it, but it got done. We also did potluck for the meal.

I personally thanked everyone for helping.