Tire Plug

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
Plugs work well in the relatively stiff area of the tread; less so in the sidewall where there is a lot of flex, so the juncture; worth a try. I'd probably use a patch on the inside. Air it down, unseat the bead, pull it off and patch, reinstall. I've had good luck using a bungee cord stretched around the middle of the tread to help reseat a lawn trailer tire. The fact that a DR field mower comes from the factory with slime in the tires says something about it's usefullness. One warning though; do not use your good tire pressure gauge to check a tire with slime and don't ask how I know this.

D2hornets58

Threads
Thank you i think im gonna start with trying to plug it and go from there

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
I've had tractors come into the shop where the rubber time is worn away and the tire slime is solid and stuck to the rim ....

D2hornets58

Threads
I brought it to the gas station today and he said that if he put a plug in it that it would most likely pop right out. He said the best thing to do is just get a tube. I ordered one from bennys for 10 bucks so im not gonna use slime.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
You still have Benny's up there. I figured the big box stores would have put them out of business by now. (Haven't been to New England for about 10 years.)

fastback

Threads
In fact from where I live there are 3 Benny's that are 5, 20 and 15 minutes away. I have found it to be the cheapest place for motor oil.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I brought it to the gas station today and he said that if he put a plug in it that it would most likely pop right out. He said the best thing to do is just get a tube. I ordered one from bennys for 10 bucks so im not gonna use slime.

Smart move now if you get another leak just patch the tube with a bicycle tube patch. Mower tires run low air presure.

D2hornets58

Threads
Ya i figured the tube would be the smartest especially since the tire is still in very good condition.And yes there are actually quite a few bennys around my area. I figured that would be the closest place to get a tube and i got it for a good price.

Mower manic

Threads
Dude,
What is it that scares you about taking a tire off the rim?
Please tell me how much your 'tire guy" charged you for that.
Is he a union democrat too?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would have got my kit out and put a plug in my self. If it did not hold then a patch would only take a few mins. I was cutting a yard after the tornado last year ran something over not sure what but found 14 holes in one tire. Whatever it was only got the one tire

Sent from my iPhone using LMF