The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Hey followers of this thread, looks like we get a new forum afterall ! checkout the thread ..Transaxles / Transmissions Forum, ... it appears that Admin is considering it !! :thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

Pumper54

Threads

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

For your viewing pleasure: How to grass without using power:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URJ31uqH07E

And when you need to collect all that you cut:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIVAlV8YVF0&t=2s

Tom
13,632 miles in 2 month on a 2012 Harley Davidson FLD. Houston, TX to Key West, to Knoxville, TN to Madawaska ME to Milwaukee, WI to Blaine, WA to San Ysidro, CA to Albuquerque, N.M. to Dallas, Tx to Home

AND I forgot my good buddies back on the LMF forums !!! Call me ...ONE-WAY !!! ( LOL ) ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ya know Doc, WE ALL have our little "quirks" , When I was younger I used to stick my tongue out the corner of my mouth when doing something difficult, or with intense concentration, until after several "bops" on my chin bottom, by concerned or aggravated "friends" made me bite my tongue, enough, did that habit disappear.

Boo,

My father used to "chew" his tongue when he was doing something difficult, or if he was cutting something like sheet metal with shears. He'd chew with each cut of the scissors. I never had the balls to tap his jaw shut, though.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Tom
13,632 miles in 2 month on a 2012 Harley Davidson FLD. Houston, TX to Key West, to Knoxville, TN to Madawaska ME to Milwaukee, WI to Blaine, WA to San Ysidro, CA to Albuquerque, N.M. to Dallas, Tx to Home

Tom,

Welcome back Amigo! That's a record in my book! I am sorry that you couldn't divert out to the coast for a quick visit and a lobster dinner though..

HEY!! Where were those girls when I was farming? I started out the first few years cutting my hay all by hand and then raking it up with a hand pulled 'dog' or 'drag' rake. The windrows would be pitched up in little hay stacks that were eventually loaded into the back of my '71 Datsun truck which I had rigged with stakes like a hay wagon. The hay was then hand pitched into the hay mow through a door at the end of the barn and all the kids in the neighborhood would carry it to the back of the mow and then sort of 'pack' it in. When the mow was full, I was done haying and I'd take all the kids in the back of the truck to a local lake for a swim and an ice cream on the way home. You could carry all the kids you could fit into the back of a pickup in those days and nobody cared.. We 'assumed' they had enough brains to hang on... Now-a-days, maybe they aren't so bright...

Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

nice hot humid day today

Pumper54

Threads

Tom,

Welcome back Amigo! That's a record in my book! I am sorry that you couldn't divert out to the coast for a quick visit and a lobster dinner though..

HEY!! Where were those girls when I was farming? I started out the first few years cutting my hay all by hand and then raking it up with a hand pulled 'dog' or 'drag' rake. The windrows would be pitched up in little hay stacks that were eventually loaded into the back of my '71 Datsun truck which I had rigged with stakes like a hay wagon. The hay was then hand pitched into the hay mow through a door at the end of the barn and all the kids in the neighborhood would carry it to the back of the mow and then sort of 'pack' it in. When the mow was full, I was done haying and I'd take all the kids in the back of the truck to a local lake for a swim and an ice cream on the way home. You could carry all the kids you could fit into the back of a pickup in those days and nobody cared.. We 'assumed' they had enough brains to hang on... Now-a-days, maybe they aren't so bright...

Roger

Roger, wished we had been able to visit with you all when we went through Maine. Beautiful country. I know about riding in the back of a pickup, never fell out of one but like you said we had enough brains to hang on when needed.
Tom

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Tom

There is a reason why people used to die from old age at 45 and those are 2 of them.
No doubt the daughters of city folk who have become "earth mothers" note the woman was sything bare handed and bare footed even 100 years ago people were smart enough to wear hand & foot protection.
Having swung grandads sythe I could guarantee that earth mother would not be able to walk if she did a full day like that. A sythe is big and heavy and gets swung about 1/2 to 1.3 the speed she was swinging it, even in short grass

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

spent some time this afternoon fixing the exhaust leak on my suburban, then started tearing into it so I could install the plow and wiring, after 3 hours in the heat, it's miller time.IMG_5296.jpgIMG_5297.jpgIMG_5298.jpgIMG_5299.jpgIMG_5300.jpgIMG_5303.jpg