The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I have a great deal of respect for the sailors of subs and also to the brave soldiers who drove and maned the tanks for the army. Both jobs are equally dangerous as the vessel can quickly become the coffin as my father would say.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Entering Malta Harbor 1967

Here's a picture of the USS Cobbler SS-344 as she entered the harbor at Malta in the Med.

As you can see in the back ground (Waves pounding up over the sea wall) it was not a peacefully calm Mediterranean day! I was very glad to pull into port that day..

Sorry guys, the picture was horizontal in my file, but came out vertical here. I don't know how to fix it.

Roger
I'll say for sure it was not calm, you guys came in on your bow

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Entering Malta Harbor 1967

Here's a picture of the USS Cobbler SS-344 as she entered the harbor at Malta in the Med.

As you can see in the back ground (Waves pounding up over the sea wall) it was not a peacefully calm Mediterranean day! I was very glad to pull into port that day..

Sorry guys, the picture was horizontal in my file, but came out vertical here. I don't know how to fix it.

Roger

COBBLER.jpg click on the pic ! ..really !

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hey Boobala, we need to make sure some of the people you pissed off on here know that you are certified.

youtube.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Hey Boobala, we need to make sure some of the people you pissed off on here know that you are certified.

attachment.php

UBETCHA ..!!

c4de30e5f5cc60bf5bb6b496d4ebb8af.jpg

Last edited:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

I have a great deal of respect for the sailors of subs and also to the brave soldiers who drove and maned the tanks for the army. Both jobs are equally dangerous as the vessel can quickly become the coffin as my father would say.

Akin to the belly turret gunner on a B-17

Good morning to all you Free Range Chickens! (Henceforth known as FRC's)

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Picture

Ha Boo-Boo,

I 'think' I got it straightened out!

Attachments

• scan0001 (3).jpg
    scan0001 (3).jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 3

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Doc,

"Tankers" and belly gunners (as well as ANYBODY who flies) are nuts! Submarine-ing is great! Quiet, peaceful, hidden away.. Ya gotta love it...

Here's a picture of the forward torpedo room. All the guys are in their racks reading, being quiet and relaxed.. Not getting bounced around going over bumps or thrown around going through rough air, . . . just punching holes in the ocean.. Ahhhhhhh man, it's beauty-fullll

Attachments

• Bunks in the torpedo room.jpg
    Bunks in the torpedo room.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 7