The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

UUUgh, have heap big dislike for Mass-holes, would rather stay home in tee-pee..

I think you & Doc are PROCTOLOGISTS, you guys live in an area of the US where you're surrounded by A-holes !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Weren't none beginning with "c."
Next prepositions on the list are "during" abd "except."
Havin' a hard time usin' those to end a sentence with....

There you go getting all "English Class" on me.. I thought I was being fairly smart just figuring out that first you ended each sentence with a word beginning with the letter "A" and then you started using words beginning with the letter "B", so I just figured that "C" was going to be next.. But Oh No!! You gotta go all fancy and tell me they were prepositions or whatever, and now I haven't a clue what you were trying to accomplish.. Nuts...

R

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

This morning, I replaced the ignition coil on a newer Craftsman power head at 6:55 and cleaned the carburetor on another. Afterwards, I cleaned the carburetor on a McCulloch chainsaw, broke the throttle cable and made a new one with some anger. Then I mowed one yard and came back home. Following lunch, I sold one Echo blower and removed the carburetor from a third Craftsman power head and cleaned the needle seat so it would stop leaking fuel and hydrolocking the engine. Then, I cleaned the carburetor and adjusted the spark plug gap on a Craftsman 4 stroke power head, and in payment for these procedures I received two edger attachments, one trimmer attachment with flimsy plastic blades, and two Troy Bilt power heads that only required carburetor adjustments to run well. Then I put some starting fluid into the air filter of a Honda Harmony II, and it started immediately and ran rather badly. Lastly, I replaced the destroyed muffler on the odd looking machine called a Weed Eater PowerEdge PE550, and cleaned its carburetor and replaced it's fuel lines. Following this, I cleaned off my work bench and left.

Geez, that all sounds like W-O-R-K!!

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have reached page 333

Any of you guys ever get involved in CB radio?

Back in the 70's I had a Golden Eagle transmitter, with a D-101 mike, a 100-watt linear amplifier (which I never used of course), and a three element beam on top of my barn. I lived on top of a hill anyway, so when I warmed everything up I could shoot skip and talk with folks in foreign lands.

Anyway, my skip handle was "Triple Three"..... CQ - - CQ - - CQDX, this is Triple Three, Triple Three, World Wide--- Hello - come in..

I used to talk with a guy in Mandeville, Jamaica almost every morning, who's handle was "Big Fish", but when he said it, it sounded more like "Beeg Fish". He kept inviting me to come down there for a visit, but I never made it..

My local handle was "Dirt Farmer" unless I was adding a few watts, then it was "Steamboat" - "Throw another log on the fire, put another watt on the wire - this is Steamboat, . . . go ahead..

I have a very long story about how I found my ex-wife's natural father while shooting skip and found a guy in Sardis, TN where she had been born. (She had been adopted and did not know her natural parents.) It's a hell of a story as she and her half sister (who we found - she had three half-sisters and three half-brothers! All of which but the last two had different fathers!! ), ended up on a TV show in NY, got flown to New Orleans by a radio show, met her father's entire family and eventually her mother's family too... But it's w-a-y too long for this medium... Anyway, I'll never forget the numbers 3-3-3!!

Have a nice day guys - after not getting above freezing for the last week, it's already 30*F this morning and they say it will reach 40*F by this afternoon!! . . . . Whoopie! Maybe some of this crap will melt...

Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: We have reached page 333

Any of you guys ever get involved in CB radio?

Back in the 70's I had a Golden Eagle transmitter, with a D-101 mike, a 100-watt linear amplifier (which I never used of course), and a three element beam on top of my barn. I lived on top of a hill anyway, so when I warmed everything up I could shoot skip and talk with folks in foreign lands.

Anyway, my skip handle was "Triple Three"..... CQ - - CQ - - CQDX, this is Triple Three, Triple Three, World Wide--- Hello - come in..

I used to talk with a guy in Mandeville, Jamaica almost every morning, who's handle was "Big Fish", but when he said it, it sounded more like "Beeg Fish". He kept inviting me to come down there for a visit, but I never made it..

My local handle was "Dirt Farmer" unless I was adding a few watts, then it was "Steamboat" - "Throw another log on the fire, put another watt on the wire - this is Steamboat, . . . go ahead..

I have a very long story about how I found my ex-wife's natural father while shooting skip and found a guy in Sardis, TN where she had been born. (She had been adopted and did not know her natural parents.) It's a hell of a story as she and her half sister (who we found - she had three half-sisters and three half-brothers! All of which but the last two had different fathers!! ), ended up on a TV show in NY, got flown to New Orleans by a radio show, met her father's entire family and eventually her mother's family too... But it's w-a-y too long for this medium... Anyway, I'll never forget the numbers 3-3-3!!

Have a nice day guys - after not getting above freezing for the last week, it's already 30*F this morning and they say it will reach 40*F by this afternoon!! . . . . Whoopie! Maybe some of this crap will melt...

Roger
I drove a Truck, of course we had CB's.........but as far as what model was best or which ones I had, most of that I left to the experts or just forgot.
my handle was the "Sundance Kid", and the radio in my truck with the power mic was a midland

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

There you go getting all "English Class" on me.. I thought I was being fairly smart just figuring out that first you ended each sentence with a word beginning with the letter "A" and then you started using words beginning with the letter "B", so I just figured that "C" was going to be next.. But Oh No!! You gotta go all fancy and tell me they were prepositions or whatever, and now I haven't a clue what you were trying to accomplish.. Nuts...

R

A preposition is a word that you shoudn't oughta never end a sentence with.............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

A preposition is a word that you shoudn't oughta never end a sentence with.............

A proposition, is what I always used to start a sentence with, when a gorgeous, curvaceous, sweetie it was, that I was speaking to, Bert !! take note !! I was a real perv !! ( still am !! ) ( LOL ) ...:thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

A proposition, is what I always used to start a sentence with, when a gorgeous, curvaceous, sweetie it was, that I was speaking to, Bert !! take note !! I was a real perv !! ( still am !! ) ( LOL ) ...:thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Somehow, none of that statement surprises me.
But, as usual, you are off the mark...just a little.............
I would have to suspect that your success rate was likewise..........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Somehow, none of that statement surprises me.
But, as usual, you are off the mark...just a little.............
I would have to suspect that your success rate was likewise..........

AAHHhhhh the "come-back kid" ..... you're good Ron, ya $#@&%#$$@# piss-ant !! ..:thumbsup: ..:laughing:..:laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Already worked that one out.
Perhaps there will be hope for your grand kids.

They ran a road safety campaign a few years back called "monkey see - monkey do"
Basically drivers abusing other drivers while their kids watched on from the safety seats then flashed forewards to the kids doing the same.
One of the do-gooders groups got them pulled.

A little latter a similar set of adds with a hubby beating his wife in front of the kids then the kids playing "mummy & daddy" with the boys beating up on the girls and the girls sobbing in the corner.
That campaign got pulled as well

Apparently you are not allowed to depict the truth in a TV add.