Swapping Contents From One Block To Another Straightforward?

JonnyBlaze

Threads
  • / Swapping Contents From One Block To Another Straightforward?
NO they mean throttle full open....
That's what I figured. I put throttle all the way up and backed off where I felt the notch for the choke.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's what I figured. I put throttle all the way up and backed off where I felt the notch for the choke.

NO... when adjusting the cable IF you have a SINGLE lever for throttle AND choke...FULL fwd is the CHOKE position..
pulling back to the detent is FULL throttle .. when cold starting push the lever FULL fwd. to use choke,
when engine fires move throttle BACK past the detent to about half throttle. see OP instructions in link I THINK this is your mower model .... LA125 is the series, NOT the model, and look at the linkage when adjusting your cable.

GUIDE.PNG

JonnyBlaze

Threads
NO... when adjusting the cable IF you have a SINGLE lever for throttle AND choke...FULL fwd is the CHOKE position..
pulling back to the detent is FULL throttle .. when cold starting push the lever FULL fwd. to use choke,
when engine fires move throttle BACK past the detent to about half throttle. see OP instructions in link I THINK this is your mower model .... LA125 is the series, NOT the model, and look at the linkage when adjusting your cable.

View attachment 36680
Right. That's what I did. I have the single lever. Model is LA125A according to the sticker on serial number tag. So what I said I did above is right, right?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Right. That's what I did. I have the single lever. Model is LA125A according to the sticker on serial number tag. So what I said I did above is right, right?

YOU said you moved it BACK from full fwd to the detent, WRONG !!!! lever full fwd. loosen screw, locking the cable OUTER jacket, push white piece ( if that's what YOU have, ) fwd to where the CHOKE linkage is moved FULL fwd. ( CHOKE in closed position, ) lever still in full fwd. pos., .. keep white piece in position and tighten locking screw, now throttle lever should move from CHOKE position, to detent ( WOT ) then idle position, FULL back
(or ALMOST full back) Pics of your linkage would be helpful, or maybe another member can explain it better than I can.

JonnyBlaze

Threads
YOU said you moved it BACK from full fwd to the detent, WRONG !!!! lever full fwd. loosen screw, locking the cable OUTER jacket, push white piece ( if that's what YOU have, ) fwd to where the CHOKE linkage is moved FULL fwd. ( CHOKE in closed position, ) lever still in full fwd. pos., .. keep white piece in position and tighten locking screw, now throttle lever should move from CHOKE position, to detent ( WOT ) then idle position, FULL back
(or ALMOST full back) Pics of your linkage would be helpful, or maybe another member can explain it better than I can.
ok. I understand now. I didn't think lever was supposed to be all the way forward, choke engaged. I'll do it tomorrow morning. Thanks. Sorry for being a pita.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
ok. I understand now. I didn't think lever was supposed to be all the way forward, choke engaged. I'll do it tomorrow morning. Thanks. Sorry for being a pita.

RE-post if we need to go over it........ Boo

JonnyBlaze

Threads
I dont get it. Still doing same thing. Here are pics.

Attachments

• 20180331_210600.jpg
    20180331_210600.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180331_210604.jpg
    20180331_210604.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180331_210547.jpg
    20180331_210547.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20180331_210541.jpg
    20180331_210541.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180331_210530.jpg
    20180331_210530.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 3

JonnyBlaze

Threads
I think I'm getting it now. I did the above but with the lever all the way down and now it feels better. Too late to start it up tonight so I'll try tomorrow.

I dont see how I can do step 3 with lining up that hole by going any of this though.