Swapping Contents From One Block To Another Straightforward?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Swapping Contents From One Block To Another Straightforward?
I think I'm getting it now. I did the above but with the lever all the way down and now it feels better. Too late to start it up tonight so I'll try tomorrow.

I dont see how I can do step 3 with lining up that hole by going any of this though.

I can't rotate your pics for some reason, are you using a cellphone to take pics ?? use a digital camera !! on MACRO setting..??? but what I CAN see is someone REALLY screwed -up with what looks like an extra spring on the linkage/bracket assy.that DOES NOT belong there .. I will try to find some pics of the linkage in correct position. off to hunting info............

JonnyBlaze

Threads
I can't rotate your pics for some reason, are you using a cellphone to take pics ?? use a digital camera !! on MACRO setting..??? but what I CAN see is someone REALLY screwed -up with what looks like an extra spring on the linkage/bracket assy.that DOES NOT belong there .. I will try to find some pics of the linkage in correct position. off to hunting info............
I used a phone but when they upload to the site, they get rotated somehow. I don't have a camera.

I did notice an extra spring that isn't on the that bracket on my other motor. (If you're referring to that really thin spring that attaches to that choke lever wire thingy.)

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
JOHN : I'm asking you, PLEEEEEZE !!! study, ..... & RE-study these pics .. NOTICE the location of EACH spring !!!

Do you see ... what I see... in your pics, compared to mine ??
It looks to ME, like someone put an EXTRA spring on the choke linkage at the "loop" end .... then conneccted it, to ..??? ( can't tell)

you might need to replace some springs I can't tell, because I cant get a decent view of YOUR pics, I use a real DIGITAL CAMERA NOT a cellphone !! .on MACRO setting ( close-up ) when I need to...

DSCN1959.jpg..DSCN2449.jpg..DSCN2448.jpg..2011-07-02_015436_12.5_briggs_vertical_linkage.jpg..DSCN1962.jpg..DSCN1960.jpgDSCN2458.jpg

SEE NEXT POST FOR MORE......... only allowed 10 pics per post !

Attachments

• DSCN2295.jpg
    DSCN2295.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN2459.jpg
    DSCN2459.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN2477.jpg
    DSCN2477.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN2501.jpg
    DSCN2501.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 2

JonnyBlaze

Threads
JOHN : I'm asking you, PLEEEEEZE !!! study, ..... & RE-study these pics .. NOTICE the location of EACH spring !!!

Do you see ... what I see... in your pics, compared to mine ??
It looks to ME, like someone put an EXTRA spring on the choke linkage at the "loop" end .... then conneccted it, to ..??? ( can't tell)

you might need to replace some springs I can't tell, because I cant get a decent view of YOUR pics, I use a real DIGITAL CAMERA NOT a cellphone !! .on MACRO setting ( close-up ) when I need to...

View attachment 36696..View attachment 36706..View attachment 36705..View attachment 36704..View attachment 36698..View attachment 36697View attachment 36707

SEE NEXT POST FOR MORE......... only allowed 10 pics per post !
Yes, on the choke linkage, there is a spring attached to it for some reason. Yours doesn't have it nor is there one on my other block. Should I remove it?

JonnyBlaze

Threads
I took it off. Throttle lever feels perfect now! Lol. Weird. Wonder what that was all about. Here are pics.

Attachments

• 20180331_225001.jpg
    20180331_225001.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180331_224745.jpg
    20180331_224745.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20180331_224633.jpg
    20180331_224633.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 3

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I took it off. Throttle lever feels perfect now! Lol. Weird. Wonder what that was all about. Here are pics.

YESSSSSS !!! now WTF was that there for ..?? NOW try to set up your linkage as we went over earlier, re-read what I posted ....many times, if need be, remember, CHOKE linkage FULL fwd. and be sure short spring on lever in back ( which the choke link passes through is hooked like in MY pics .......... I'm outa here, ....... wifey having a schitt-fit............. manyana

JonnyBlaze

Threads
YESSSSSS !!! now WTF was that there for ..?? NOW try to set up your linkage as we went over earlier, re-read what I posted ....many times, if need be, remember, CHOKE linkage FULL fwd. and be sure short spring on lever in back ( which the choke link passes through is hooked like in MY pics .......... I'm outa here, ....... wifey having a schitt-fit............. manyana
Will do! Thank you and your wife for having patience with me! Much appreciated! Happy Easter!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Was able to better view your pics this morn, yep that issue, is because you used your cellphone, no problem, I just can't manipulate your pics as I can from a REGULAR digital camera .........

WOW !! I'm still trying to figure out why the hell that contortionist sping was on there ... WEIRD schitt ! I would guess it was holding the CHOKE rod from moving fwd all the way ( and,the throttle rod maybe ..?? ) for what reason ..??? well, with that off, and if you have the short spring (on rear bracket) in place, as I explained earlier,... and the Lonnnnng delicate trottle rod spring looks just right, we should have THIS issue solved !

I wanna hear GOOD news John !! .. :thumbsup:

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Was able to better view your pics this morn, yep that issue, is because you used your cellphone, no problem, I just can't manipulate your pics as I can from a REGULAR digital camera .........

WOW !! I'm still trying to figure out why the hell that contortionist sping was on there ... WEIRD schitt ! I would guess it was holding the CHOKE rod from moving fwd all the way ( and,the throttle rod maybe ..?? ) for what reason ..??? well, with that off, and if you have the short spring (on rear bracket) in place, as I explained earlier,... and the Lonnnnng delicate trottle rod spring looks just right, we should have THIS issue solved !

I wanna hear GOOD news John !! .. :thumbsup:
All fixed and good to go! That WAS the problem! Runs as good as new! Thanks again, everyone!