Still Looking For New B&S Carburetor 808728

Just for reference but why does 846108 not fit?



Is the difference that one is single and one is a double barrel carb?

The answer to your first question is yes it would probably fit.

The answer to your second question is absolutely not, you know being a Master Technician for B&S that engine model & code numbers are necessary for locating correct part. I have talked to B&S Corporate USA as well as technicians & B&S parts folks around the country & they say no longer available & no substitution for carburetor 808728, 807961, 808255. Just because a carburetor will fit & bolt up does not mean it will function properly on various engines, I know you know this. I have emailed & called numerous times asking if 846108, 846280 & other carburetors asking if they would work & function properly, the answer is always no. Thanks pugaltitude for your help in this matter, mechanic mark
 
I know he is closed but still has a lot of old parts.

I bet he has one.



(706) 259-8237
1951 Sosebee Dr Ne
Dalton, GA 30721-8056
 
The answer to your first question is yes it would probably fit.

The answer to your second question is absolutely not, you know being a Master Technician for B&S that engine model & code numbers are necessary for locating correct part. I have talked to B&S Corporate USA as well as technicians & B&S parts folks around the country & they say no longer available & no substitution for carburetor 808728, 807961, 808255. Just because a carburetor will fit & bolt up does not mean it will function properly on various engines, I know you know this. I have emailed & called numerous times asking if 846108, 846280 & other carburetors asking if they would work & function properly, the answer is always no. Thanks pugaltitude for your help in this matter, mechanic mark

While this is technically true there is no reason why any carb that bolts on can not be made to work properly on any engine.
At worst you might have to change , drill out or actually make some new jets. but If you go for an older model with adjustable idle & main jet there should be minimal problesm for a competent mechanic.
I play with all sorts of vintage motorcycles and it is no great problem fitting the wrong carb to a wide range of engines.
About the only thing that would prevent a substitution is a throttle that opens the wrong way for the governor.
So it will take a bit of fiddleing around to get the govenor balanced to engine revs & load but not a insurmountable problem.
 
I'm having same problem, can't even find a used one, However overhaul kits are available all over, but asking price is over $125.00.
these can be found on eBay,Amazon and lots of small engine parts shops have them.
good luck
ps
Lawn Mower Parts had them yesterday!
 
Last edited:
Thanks to everyone, kit should be here today, I'll let you know how it goes.

Up & running, kit arrived this a.m., my son installed kit, I installed carburetor, THANKS BE TO GOD!

I apologize & was wrong, carburetor is Mikuni 808728 1995 model on 16 h.p. Vanguard, kit B&S part number is 807962. If you are considering installing a kit on older carb., purchase throttle & choke shafts also, they do not come kit.
 
Last edited:
I'm having same problem, can't even find a used one, However overhaul kits are available all over, but asking price is over $125.00.
these can be found on eBay,Amazon and lots of small engine parts shops have them.
good luck
ps
Lawn Mower Parts had them yesterday!
Give me make, engine model number, serial number, & code & I'll do a search, OldChipper.
 
I've had the same problem. Did find a couple on Ebay, but there condition wasn't much better than what I already had. Anyway I bought the complete overhaul kit, now my problem is figuring out if there's a specific way that the emulsion tube goes in? I would hate to put it in wrong, then install the jet, put the whole thing together, back on the engine only to have to do it again. There are four sets of holes. Two set toward the top, the other two the bottom. There is one air passage one the body of the carb, should a top hole on the tube be lined up with this. If so, how the heck do you do that? Any help would be great.
thanks in advance!
 
Received wrong carburetor from B&S dealer, FED EX'D back. The carburetor on engine is incorrect part, Arrow carburetor, should be Mikuni made for B&S part # 808728, previous part numbers for this carburetor 807961 & 808255. This carburetor was sold on Amazon not so long ago. My B&S engine model # is 303777 1118-A1 with code 95012611. My son & I picked up a Snapper model 421614BVE RER with serial # 55169016 to fix up as a project. I have searched high & low for carburetor 808728 on ebay etc., sent emails to B&S dealers around country, no go, I firmly believe someone has one on a shelf somewhere waiting for someone to call & purchase. I have even talked to B&S corporate asking why it has been discontinued, sorry for the inconvenience was response along with email list to contact still no go. I sure would appreciate any assistance in locating new B&S carburetor 808728. This carburetor was selling on average for $118.50. Thanks in advance for your help, mechanic mark

I'm also searching for a John Deere SST16, Briggs V-Twin 16 HP 808728 for a customer. The original carb I removed is a Arrow Carb 808728 which was discontinued in 2014. It was a sub for 807961 which was also discontinued. John Deere's Part number is AM129925 but no go. Wondering if there is a intake and carb setup that matches?
 
Back
Top