Stihl Fs94

KubotaJohn

Threads
If I'm going to spend $360 plus, I'll get the FS100RX. It's a 31.4 cc engine and weighs 10.8 lbs, you'll have twice the machine for the same money.

It's a whole different machine, it's not a fourmix, and it was designed around a specific market... they are not trying to replace the fs90r or the 110.
I used one at my house and was nice not having to feather the trigger around vulnerable items. you set the desired rpms and if you need a full speed burst you just squeeze the trigger hard and it runs wide up until you let off and squeeze again which puts you right back into your desired rpm range.

LoCo86

Threads
It's a whole different machine, it's not a fourmix, and it was designed around a specific market... they are not trying to replace the fs90r or the 110. I used one at my house and was nice not having to feather the trigger around vulnerable items. you set the desired rpms and if you need a full speed burst you just squeeze the trigger hard and it runs wide up until you let off and squeeze again which puts you right back into your desired rpm range.

If you use these machines enough then your trigger finger is the cruise control. You can find the rpm's from muscle memory and the sound of the engine. If it's made to mimic Red Max then you should buy a Red Max they're good machines. Me personally I'm sticking with my Stihl four mix.

KubotaJohn

Threads
If you use these machines enough then your trigger finger is the cruise control. You can find the rpm's from muscle memory and the sound of the engine. If it's made to mimic Red Max then you should buy a Red Max they're good machines. Me personally I'm sticking with my Stihl four mix.

I agree but the majority of the guys I know that own their own lawn company usually have some teenager running the trimmers and they usually aren't looking to run a trimmer as a career. but like I said it's a niche market.
The problem in our area is that no one is a red max dealer as to us we have 4 stores in a 60 mile radius that are stihl & echo dealers plus we have competitors in the area too.

I personally think its nice to have a new innovation to a somewhat stagnant market. and yes FS90's will probably be the #1 trimmer year in and year out but it's nice to know there is still a little R&D going on inside of Stihl.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's a whole different machine, it's not a fourmix, and it was designed around a specific market... they are not trying to replace the fs90r or the 110.
I used one at my house and was nice not having to feather the trigger around vulnerable items. you set the desired rpms and if you need a full speed burst you just squeeze the trigger hard and it runs wide up until you let off and squeeze again which puts you right back into your desired rpm range.

I'll stick with the four mix too LoCo86. I'm looking at this thing from the money perspective though and I think $360 plus is a lot of money for a two stoke trimmer with a gimmick switch. You said or say it was designed around a specific market, what market?

Threads
I am a Stihl Dealer in Keystone Heights and we received the FS94r about a month ago and this machine is awesome, has a sort of "cruise control" and everything. nice for when you are doing low speed trimming

I thought the reason trimmers didn't have this feature in the past were for safety reasons. How does this "cruise-control" actually work and prevent those issues?

KubotaJohn

Threads
I'll stick with the four mix too LoCo86. I'm looking at this thing from the money perspective though and I think $360 plus is a lot of money for a two stoke trimmer with a gimmick switch. You said or say it was designed around a specific market, what market?

Well some people do not like the idea of the valves on a two stroke engine like the fourmix so you get back into the original two stroke. Also, you will have people who like the idea of the "cruise control" feature. This isn't the next big thing, but it fills in an area that covers an area of the market that stihl did not have previously.

I understand your point of view completely but, with that being said, you have to look at my point of view. I am a dealer and I like to have an answer to everyone who walks through the door and amazingly enough I had someone ask me about a year ago if there is any trimmers with a "cruise control" feature.
No I didn't order ten of these, I put one in each store to be able to demo and represent it. I have several FS90's and 100RX's and 110's etc... at each location.

I'm definitely not saying your point of view is wrong, I am just saying not everyone thinks alike and some people will love these features of the FS94 and others will hate it.

Yes it is pricey also, but like I tell all my commercial people, buy a piece of equipment form any of our stores and if it goes down you are walking out of the door with a working piece until yours is fixed. That's why price is usually not an issue with my customers.

KubotaJohn

Threads
Whats the answer to post number #15?

It has a dial built on the trigger.... you roll the dial either forwards or backwards to increase or decrease how it will let you pull the trigger ranging from not at all to all the way full throttle.

say you set the dial at the half way point, the trigger will only let you pull it to half way and then if you desire full throttle you just squeeze harder and the trigger breaks loose and lets you pull it full throttle. once you release the trigger and pull it again it goes back to where you have the "cruise control" set.

its a standard trigger just different mechanism internally.

Threads
It has a dial built on the trigger.... you roll the dial either forwards or backwards to increase or decrease how it will let you pull the trigger ranging from not at all to all the way full throttle.

say you set the dial at the half way point, the trigger will only let you pull it to half way and then if you desire full throttle you just squeeze harder and the trigger breaks loose and lets you pull it full throttle. once you release the trigger and pull it again it goes back to where you have the "cruise control" set.

its a standard trigger just different mechanism internally.

OK. I didn't think it could be like say a cruise control on a blower, where you press it in, let it go, and it runs at full throttle. Because that would be dangerous on a trimmer! So with this one you can let it go whenever you want, it is just to know what "power level" you want to trim at so you can do it consistently, and go back to it when you use the trimmer the next time. I got it. :thumbsup: