Export thread

Stihl Fs94

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Well its finally here the new fs94 is out i stop by my dealer today an they have 10 in stock an there selling for 360 before tax an i am also told sold drive shaft an 29 cc motor cant wait to try one out. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

davbell22602

davbell22602

Got any pics of this FS94? I like the FS85 loop handle.

Ric

Ric

Well its finally here the new fs94 is out i stop by my dealer today an they have 10 in stock an there selling for 360 before tax an i am also told sold drive shaft an 29 cc motor cant wait to try one out. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's actually 24.1 cc and weighs 10.2lbs spec's below

STIHL FS 94 R

Specifications
Displacement: 24.1 cc
(1.47 cu.in)
Bore: 35 mm (1.38 in)
Stroke: 25 mm (0.98 in)
Engine power to
ISO 8893:
0.9 kW (1.2 bhp)
at 8,500 rpm
Idle speed: 2,800 rpm
Cut-off speed (rated): 9,800 rpm
Max. output shaft

speed (cutting
attachment): 7,290 rpm

Ric

Ric

Got any pics of this FS94? I like the FS85 loop handle.

You can look at the picture on the manual.

http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/C...ion-manual.pdf

K

KubotaJohn

I am a Stihl Dealer in Keystone Heights and we received the FS94r about a month ago and this machine is awesome, has a sort of "cruise control" and everything. nice for when you are doing low speed trimming

davbell22602

davbell22602

How much does this FS94R weigh compared to the FS85R?

Ric

Ric

How much does this FS94R weigh compared to the FS85R?

The FS 94 is 10.2lbs. Personally I don't understand what all the hype is all about especially when you can buy the FS 70 with a 27.4 cc engine and it weighs 10.6 lbs for $279 which is almost a $100 less.

without cutting tool and deflector
FS 80 R
1)
10.8 lb (4.9 kg)
FS 80
2)
11.5 lb (5.2 kg)
FS 85 R
1)
11.0 lb (5.0 kg)
FS 85
2)
11.7 lb (5.3 kg)
FS 85 RX
1)
10.6 lb (4.8

davbell22602

davbell22602

I guess the hype is for the cruise control feature.

K

KubotaJohn

the cruise control is nice especially around rock beds and painted objects. It's also not a 4 mix like other stihl trimmers. They went with a two stroke with that air intake system that is similar to red maxes intake.

Ric

Ric

I guess the hype is for the cruise control feature.

If I'm going to spend $360 plus, I'll get the FS100RX. It's a 31.4 cc engine and weighs 10.8 lbs, you'll have twice the machine for the same money.

K

KubotaJohn

If I'm going to spend $360 plus, I'll get the FS100RX. It's a 31.4 cc engine and weighs 10.8 lbs, you'll have twice the machine for the same money.

It's a whole different machine, it's not a fourmix, and it was designed around a specific market... they are not trying to replace the fs90r or the 110.
I used one at my house and was nice not having to feather the trigger around vulnerable items. you set the desired rpms and if you need a full speed burst you just squeeze the trigger hard and it runs wide up until you let off and squeeze again which puts you right back into your desired rpm range.

L

LoCo86

It's a whole different machine, it's not a fourmix, and it was designed around a specific market... they are not trying to replace the fs90r or the 110. I used one at my house and was nice not having to feather the trigger around vulnerable items. you set the desired rpms and if you need a full speed burst you just squeeze the trigger hard and it runs wide up until you let off and squeeze again which puts you right back into your desired rpm range.

If you use these machines enough then your trigger finger is the cruise control. You can find the rpm's from muscle memory and the sound of the engine. If it's made to mimic Red Max then you should buy a Red Max they're good machines. Me personally I'm sticking with my Stihl four mix.

K

KubotaJohn

If you use these machines enough then your trigger finger is the cruise control. You can find the rpm's from muscle memory and the sound of the engine. If it's made to mimic Red Max then you should buy a Red Max they're good machines. Me personally I'm sticking with my Stihl four mix.

I agree but the majority of the guys I know that own their own lawn company usually have some teenager running the trimmers and they usually aren't looking to run a trimmer as a career. but like I said it's a niche market.
The problem in our area is that no one is a red max dealer as to us we have 4 stores in a 60 mile radius that are stihl & echo dealers plus we have competitors in the area too.

I personally think its nice to have a new innovation to a somewhat stagnant market. and yes FS90's will probably be the #1 trimmer year in and year out but it's nice to know there is still a little R&D going on inside of Stihl.

Ric

Ric

It's a whole different machine, it's not a fourmix, and it was designed around a specific market... they are not trying to replace the fs90r or the 110.
I used one at my house and was nice not having to feather the trigger around vulnerable items. you set the desired rpms and if you need a full speed burst you just squeeze the trigger hard and it runs wide up until you let off and squeeze again which puts you right back into your desired rpm range.

I'll stick with the four mix too LoCo86. I'm looking at this thing from the money perspective though and I think $360 plus is a lot of money for a two stoke trimmer with a gimmick switch. You said or say it was designed around a specific market, what market?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I am a Stihl Dealer in Keystone Heights and we received the FS94r about a month ago and this machine is awesome, has a sort of "cruise control" and everything. nice for when you are doing low speed trimming

I thought the reason trimmers didn't have this feature in the past were for safety reasons. How does this "cruise-control" actually work and prevent those issues?

K

KubotaJohn

I'll stick with the four mix too LoCo86. I'm looking at this thing from the money perspective though and I think $360 plus is a lot of money for a two stoke trimmer with a gimmick switch. You said or say it was designed around a specific market, what market?

Well some people do not like the idea of the valves on a two stroke engine like the fourmix so you get back into the original two stroke. Also, you will have people who like the idea of the "cruise control" feature. This isn't the next big thing, but it fills in an area that covers an area of the market that stihl did not have previously.

I understand your point of view completely but, with that being said, you have to look at my point of view. I am a dealer and I like to have an answer to everyone who walks through the door and amazingly enough I had someone ask me about a year ago if there is any trimmers with a "cruise control" feature.
No I didn't order ten of these, I put one in each store to be able to demo and represent it. I have several FS90's and 100RX's and 110's etc... at each location.

I'm definitely not saying your point of view is wrong, I am just saying not everyone thinks alike and some people will love these features of the FS94 and others will hate it.

Yes it is pricey also, but like I tell all my commercial people, buy a piece of equipment form any of our stores and if it goes down you are walking out of the door with a working piece until yours is fixed. That's why price is usually not an issue with my customers.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Kodie's Lawn Service

Thanks for all the info an options. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

davbell22602

davbell22602

Thanks for all the info an options. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Whats the answer to post number #15?

K

KubotaJohn

Whats the answer to post number #15?

It has a dial built on the trigger.... you roll the dial either forwards or backwards to increase or decrease how it will let you pull the trigger ranging from not at all to all the way full throttle.

say you set the dial at the half way point, the trigger will only let you pull it to half way and then if you desire full throttle you just squeeze harder and the trigger breaks loose and lets you pull it full throttle. once you release the trigger and pull it again it goes back to where you have the "cruise control" set.

its a standard trigger just different mechanism internally.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

It has a dial built on the trigger.... you roll the dial either forwards or backwards to increase or decrease how it will let you pull the trigger ranging from not at all to all the way full throttle.

say you set the dial at the half way point, the trigger will only let you pull it to half way and then if you desire full throttle you just squeeze harder and the trigger breaks loose and lets you pull it full throttle. once you release the trigger and pull it again it goes back to where you have the "cruise control" set.

OK. I didn't think it could be like say a cruise control on a blower, where you press it in, let it go, and it runs at full throttle. Because that would be dangerous on a trimmer! So with this one you can let it go whenever you want, it is just to know what "power level" you want to trim at so you can do it consistently, and go back to it when you use the trimmer the next time. I got it. :thumbsup:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

attachment.php

(http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=278505&stc=1&d=1379099661)

davbell22602

davbell22602

I'll buy one and sell both my 4 cycle Troy Builts trimmers if thats pic of a FS94. But one thing has to be changed if possible. The little orange shield needs to the bigger one if Stihl still offers that on the newer trimmers. My FS85 had 2 options. The little one was for stringhead and big one was blades.

exotion

exotion

I kinda have to agree a cruise control is nothing more than a gimmick if people have lots of sensitive areas they should learn how to trim... It's not hard just don't squeeze like your king Kong there is a throttle control on every trimmer learn how to use it if I was going to spend that much money I would get a better built stihl or echo .... Imo

K

KubotaJohn

I kinda have to agree a cruise control is nothing more than a gimmick if people have lots of sensitive areas they should learn how to trim... It's not hard just don't squeeze like your king Kong there is a throttle control on every trimmer learn how to use it if I was going to spend that much money I would get a better built stihl or echo .... Imo

I Don't trust someone who loves toro mowers, with the prices of their parts and the time it takes to get them.:tongue:

I love echo for their consumer warranty but in the end stihl has built a reputation that some what sells itself.

I don't like gimmicky stuff either but America is built on being lazy lately so why not add to it so people wont have to control their trigger finger.

Ric

Ric

Not to be negative but when these company's start adding bells and whistles to equipment that is perfectly fine the way it is or was it just increases the chances of something going wrong, the way you describe how it works it sounds like a problem waiting to happen. Oh and btw I'd never hire a teenager to run a trimmer or any other piece of lawn equipment, that is an accident waiting to happen.

K

knotty02

Mine arrived by post today but it's bike handles are not attached! Any idea how to do this????