Stihl 025

Zue

Threads
only starts when using starting fluid , Replaced: air filter ,vent filter ,carburetor , spark plug ,fresh gas ,spark arrestor is clean. Any suggestions ?
Does it have a primmer bulb, if so check for cracks in it. Does it have a choke, make sure it is operating.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It has been 4 pages of replies and the OP hasn't posted since the first post asking for help. I guess he fixed it

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I do believe ours is $135/hr
It is a funny thing finding what works best for you
At $ 135/hr (US) I am amazed you have any work to do
Down here the Stihl shop is $ 130/hr ( Aus) . The bottom end saw is $ 199 ( AUS) & they pay $ 35/hr for STIHL certified techs
There is a massive shortage of mower techs right now and mower shops have finally started to pay more per hr than McDonalds do for burger flippers .
I have had a couple of offers but walked away very quickly.
Nice clean workshops requiring me to wear fresh clean overalls every day and their obsession was to have every repair leave polished shinny .
All required a minimum number of repairs to be done every day , about 10 times your hourly rate + all of the pre-delivery & quotes.
No direct contact between the customer & the tech so you are working with 2nd ( if not 3rd ) hand details and of course every thing to be accounted for on the horrid computer systems they use right down to the number of grease gun strokes & the weight of shop rag .
Funny enough I walked away.
I manage to do 1 job a day on average doing 10 a day minimum is not my idea of fun or even a fair work load.

Threads
It is a funny thing finding what works best for you
At $ 135/hr (US) I am amazed you have any work to do
Down here the Stihl shop is $ 130/hr ( Aus) . The bottom end saw is $ 199 ( AUS) & they pay $ 35/hr for STIHL certified techs
There is a massive shortage of mower techs right now and mower shops have finally started to pay more per hr than McDonalds do for burger flippers .
I have had a couple of offers but walked away very quickly.
Nice clean workshops requiring me to wear fresh clean overalls every day and their obsession was to have every repair leave polished shinny .
All required a minimum number of repairs to be done every day , about 10 times your hourly rate + all of the pre-delivery & quotes.
No direct contact between the customer & the tech so you are working with 2nd ( if not 3rd ) hand details and of course every thing to be accounted for on the horrid computer systems they use right down to the number of grease gun strokes & the weight of shop rag .
Funny enough I walked away.
I manage to do 1 job a day on average doing 10 a day minimum is not my idea of fun or even a fair work load.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have had a couple shops want to hire me but i have no desire to grind out X units a day. More fun running my own shop.

Threads
Totally understand my shop is not setup with ungodly quotas, sure the time it says to do most is not an accurate time, but the manager adjusts so customer is getting ripped off and I get paid my time. I was really surprised I have worked in a shop like you described I did 3 months and left. Yes sometimes I do not talk to customer but if I have questions I can call and talk with them so I can get to real problem not just what someone thought

Threads
Totally understand my shop is not setup with ungodly quotas, sure the time it says to do most is not an accurate time, but the manager adjusts so customer is getting ripped off and I get paid my time. I was really surprised I have worked in a shop like you described I did 3 months and left. Yes sometimes I do not talk to customer but if I have questions I can call and talk with them so I can get to real problem not just what someone thought

Threads
Also as Techs we need to explain proper use, such Utv park brakes now the handle pull to apply and push button to release isn't so bad, but the push pedal and just pull a handle and brake pedal snaps back to release I tell customer to keep their foot on pedal and not allow the snap back this will cause premature wear or breakage and alot of customers are amazed to hear this. I have been thanked for the info. Now whether they really use the info or not is up to them.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also as Techs we need to explain proper use, such Utv park brakes now the handle pull to apply and push button to release isn't so bad, but the push pedal and just pull a handle and brake pedal snaps back to release I tell customer to keep their foot on pedal and not allow the snap back this will cause premature wear or breakage and alot of customers are amazed to hear this. I have been thanked for the info. Now whether they really use the info or not is up to them.
One of the JD/Stihl dealers near me is family owned and all the folks there are great people. I am on a first name basis with the parts folks. Owner offered me a job a few years ago but we couldn't come to terms. Worked out better running my own shop. Even at $100/hr the dealer is always backed up a few weeks and in the spring they are backed up 6 to 8 weeks.