Stihl 025

kjonxx

Threads
Spray start fluid behind carb, towards cyl. With choke on if it fires then proves intake tube problem.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I do believe ours is $135/hr
Like I said my $65/ hr is a heck a lot better but of course I am a stupid independent shop owner. The local JD was at $100 the last time I checked and I saw a customer walking out because of the price so I handled him one my cards.

Threads
Yup I used to work out of my garage but neighbors and all, so our local JD was hiring so I thought what the heck no overhead, and lifts. So best move I've made great people at our local JD so far it is really good, when I graduated years ago from tech course through a college nobody wanted to hire. Now I can do my passion without the bs

kjonxx

Threads
I only charged 40/hr and still do even tho I closed my shop.

iI

i

Threads
I have charged 65 do to motorcycle work but told I really need to charge because of other shops. But now I am salaried at JD

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yup I used to work out of my garage but neighbors and all, so our local JD was hiring so I thought what the heck no overhead, and lifts. So best move I've made great people at our local JD so far it is really good, when I graduated years ago from tech course through a college nobody wanted to hire. Now I can do my passion without the bs
That why I work for myself now. After 16yrs I got laid-off due corporate downsizing. No one would hire me due the amount of experience I had. Otherwords they were afraid I would take their job away, Instead I gave up after 5 yrs of hunting and started taking away their business instead.

Yes there are a lot of headaches that goes with running your own business but no boss to please other than myself. Right now I doing the end of the year inventory making sure things are where they are suppose to be. So far I have found several items that got NLA so I got to add them back as NOS parts. Retail value has gone from 79K+ to 81K+

Oh I get get you're too expensive on labor but when offer to let them do the work themselves they quickly give in most times. Most customers think they only paying you to turn a wrench and not the knowledge of where to use that wrench.

kjonxx

Threads
That why I work for myself now. After 16yrs I got laid-off due corporate downsizing. No one would hire me due the amount of experience I had. Otherwords they were afraid I would take their job away, Instead I gave up after 5 yrs of hunting and started taking away their business instead.

Yes there are a lot of headaches that goes with running your own business but no boss to please other than myself. Right now I doing the end of the year inventory making sure things are where they are suppose to be. So far I have found several items that got NLA so I got to add them back as NOS parts. Retail value has gone from 79K+ to 81K+

Oh I get get you're too expensive on labor but when offer to let them do the work themselves they quickly give in most times. Most customers think they only paying you to turn a wrench and not the knowledge of where to use that wrench.
Amen, did mine out of my garage also.