So much for watching the Stupid Bowl

smhardesty

Threads
You know, Bert. It doesn't sound like things are that terribly different between here and there. We're fed a study diet of the same type things you mentioned. The true, fact filled account of what happened is pretty much either suppressed, or exaggerated so that we never really know the whole story. I guess it's nice to see that our problems aren't a lot different than the problems in other lands.

Bottom line? It's a sad time in history. I had to really chuckle when I read your account of the "footballer who had a heart attack on the field in the USA" getting 5 minutes every night for three weeks. You should have been here for that event. WOW! There were a couple of the sports news shows that covered NOTHING except that for a night or two. My gripe about that is that while that one, single individual was receiving that much publicity, thousands of other people suffered much worse medical problems and nearly 600,000 individuals in this country were going without supper and sleeping on the streets. They had a special "go fund me" deal for him that raised somewhere north of 8 million dollars. That is the amount "reported". Who knows the true amount. The money is supposedly going to be used "to support young people through education and sports". How about using that money to feed some homeless families and maybe get some in some type of housing? But, that's a whole 'nother story. LOL!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We had a base next door to one of the major Sydney radio stations.
The driver of one of the big mouth shock jocks asked me to deliver bank cheques regularly to various refugee charities while at the same time he abused the refugees ( called boat people ) and the associations that supported them endlessly on the air so no one could link him to the payments .
All about stirring up emotions & causing reactions .