seeking advice on a good backpack blower

Threads
I don't believe so. Using a backpack isn't any different than anything else that you do, like riding a bicycle or lifting weight, your muscles are going to compensate for the activity that you pursue. If anything your back muscles should improve.

Oh, yeah...that's true! :smile:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK...when I come back from a big job my WHOLE body hurts. :laughing: My upper body from the blower and my lower body from pushing my mower to and from the property, and walking around the property with my mower. :redface:

Try Ibuprofen, works well for me. :smile:

Crawdad

Threads
We've been using a Kawasaki backpack blower for a year now, picked it up at EXPO+GIE last year, and we love it.

johnsess

Forum Newbie
Threads
I believe the 600 is lighter and more powerful than the 550.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I believe the 600 is lighter and more powerful than the 550.

There both real close to being the same weight, the 600 is 201 mph and the 550 is 199 mph, really not enough difference to hardly mention, except the $70.00 difference in price. :smile:

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
We've been using a Kawasaki backpack blower for a year now, picked it up at EXPO+GIE last year, and we love it.

I've heard a lot about the Kawasaki blowers and I'd really like to try one out. If there as good as there mower engines they should be something special. I wished my dealer carried them.

Threads
I've heard a lot about the Kawasaki blowers and I'd really like to try one out. If there as good as there mower engines they should be something special. I wished my dealer carried them.

I have definitely heard of Kawasaki engines, but not of their power equipment until this year. It would be nice to see how it compares to other brands, since their engines are nice.
Ric--you could find the closest dealer to you HERE: Kawasaki. :smile:

The closest Kawasaki dealer to me is 37 miles away! :shocked:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
lawn mower fanatic said:
I have definitely heard of Kawasaki engines, but not of their power equipment until this year. It would be nice to see how it compares to other brands, since their engines are nice.
Ric--you could find the closest dealer to you HERE: Kawasaki. :smile:

The closest Kawasaki dealer to me is 37 miles away! :shocked:

The closest dealer to me is the shop I use and a member on here

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

JOE.G

Threads
I borrowed my buddies Stihl 550 and after I used it I knew I had to have one, My friend owns a Husky/Stihl dealer and he gave me a real good price on a Stihl BR 600 Mag, it works great, I only have a couple tanks though it and it seems to be getting better with every tank. I do not notice much of a difference between the 550 and the 600, The 550 is used on a Golf course and has seen a lot of use and still works great.

Threads
I borrowed my buddies Stihl 550 and after I used it I knew I had to have one, My friend owns a Husky/Stihl dealer and he gave me a real good price on a Stihl BR 600 Mag, it works great, I only have a couple tanks though it and it seems to be getting better with every tank. I do not notice much of a difference between the 550 and the 600, The 550 is used on a Golf course and has seen a lot of use and still works great.

Yeah, I would probably recommend just buying the 550 since it seems to be around the same as the 600, and save some money.
Thanks for your input, JOE.G!