Sears Part Direct

upupandaway

Threads
Sears Parts Direct is a bunch of jerks and can't be trusted.

I order a throttle cable assembly from them because their website indicated they had it in stock back on Oct 5. Since I hadn't received any shipment emails, I login to my account to only find out that they had back ordered the part. They didn't even have the balls to email an update indicating that the part was now back ordered.

I am calling their customer service this morning and let them have it as I gave my customer an update that part was in stock at Sears Parts Direct and I had ordered it for him. This is BS coming from a major company as it caused me to cancel an order from my distributor because Sears said they had the part in stock and for me to lie to my customer.

Sorry had to vent....I hate liars especially vendors as it affects my rep.
Face it- that's the internet. it processed your order and has it on file, maybe it submitted an order to the maker of the part and the maker has no plan in making\shipping it in the next 6 months. The whole time, no person personally looked at your order. That's the computer age for u.

I actually went through the same expreience - I ordered a board for a microwave in June with no news since. I emailed them to cancel my order as I found the transformer and will replace it myself. I just roll with it - it is life with computers. ¢¢

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Face it- that's the internet. it processed your order and has it on file, maybe it submitted an order to the maker of the part and the maker has no plan in making\shipping it in the next 6 months. The whole time, no person personally looked at your order. That's the computer age for u.

I actually went through the same experience - I ordered a board for a microwave in June with no news since. I emailed them to cancel my order as I found the transformer and will replace it myself. I just roll with it - it is life with computers. ¢¢
The problem is that their software inventory control should be fairly up to date as you said it is the computer age. Even as small as I am business my software keeps me up to date except when a software error is introduced. But if you at their IPLs it is a confusing mess.

My last set of price file updates did shift some parts to NLA that I have but that was only a handful so I just recreate the SKU with NOS added as a suffix. Then put them back into inventory. Of all the updates recently I only had four actual errors out of 998,000 SKUs (PNs) which means I added about 150,000 SKUs this month. But after the update yesterday and database error correction ran again those errors are gone. I am still finding an item here and there that I don't have from the introduce error 2 years ago. Maybe when I do my full physical inventory next month I can things back to 99.9% correct. I did find two miss bin Briggs camshafts earlier this year. I knew I had them just not where due to again a software problem that my software vendor have since added a full data merge feature for supersedes that way the bin locations gets added to the supersedes along any of my notes.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

I actually went through the same expreience - I ordered a board for a microwave in June with no news since. I emailed them to cancel my order as I found the transformer and will replace it myself. I just roll with it - it is life with computers. ¢¢

Back in the day, there was paperwork on someone's desk that had to be gone through. It was in your face, until you processes it. Now, there's just a computer. No clutter, no mess. And no real need for some shipping clerk to even look at because it's tucked away in some computer file.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The problem is that their software inventory control should be fairly up to date as you said it is the computer age. Even as small as I am business my software keeps me up to date except when a software error is introduced. But if you at their IPLs it is a confusing mess.

My last set of price file updates did shift some parts to NLA that I have but that was only a handful so I just recreate the SKU with NOS added as a suffix. Then put them back into inventory. Of all the updates recently I only had four actual errors out of 998,000 SKUs (PNs) which means I added about 150,000 SKUs this month. But after the update yesterday and database error correction ran again those errors are gone. I am still finding an item here and there that I don't have from the introduce error 2 years ago. Maybe when I do my full physical inventory next month I can things back to 99.9% correct. I did find two miss bin Briggs camshafts earlier this year. I knew I had them just not where due to again a software problem that my software vendor have since added a full data merge feature for supersedes that way the bin locations gets added to the supersedes along any of my notes.
It all depends if the warehouse is a warehouse or a logistical distribution centre
In a real warehouse every item has a bin or at least a location that is fixed to pick from and perhaps a bulk section to store pallets before they go to the pick face and the pick face bins remain constant
In a distribution centre parts are shuffled daily into new locations in order to maximize space utilization so you do not have a pallet space with only a couple of parts in it .
This system only works with real time picking from a screen and not from picking slips because what was in bin 123456789 five minutes ago is now in bin 987654321
So the inventory computer says there are 5 in stock but the picker goes to bin 123456789 and either finds it empty or a different product in there
Now if the picker knows what the part should be then they mark it "not found" and wait for an updated location or updated quantity
If they do not know then they take what ever is in the assigned bin & despatch it to you , ie the wrong part.
It is very common in third party logistics , like Amazon , although Bezos does have real time inventory control & pickers pick off real time updated screens not manual printed pick tickets

Threads
I've been using them for 22 years. I noticed after about 10 years they stop making some parts. Husqvarna has similar parts for my Sears tractor.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've been using them for 22 years. I noticed after about 10 years they stop making some parts. Husqvarna has similar parts for my Sears tractor.
Sears never had their own part numbers They always used the part number of the company that made it for sears. So if your mower was manufactured by Poulan/Husqvarna then all the part numbers are Husqvarna, If your sears mower made by Husqvarna uses a Kohler engine than the engine parts numbers are Kohler. And the main reason that they stop part numbers after 10 years is because the company that made that product for sears stopped making that part.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One problem with Sears is that either they not able to add supersedes to their system or they are simply too lazy to do it. They just NLA even when the parts are available. I rarely buy a part from Sears due to their large mark-up of OEM parts that I can get through one of my distributors.

I started this thread to mainly complain about how they did me on a recent attempt part purchase because they indicated they had the part in stock when they didn't.