Sears Part Direct

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sears Parts Direct is a bunch of jerks and can't be trusted.

I order a throttle cable assembly from them because their website indicated they had it in stock back on Oct 5. Since I hadn't received any shipment emails, I login to my account to only find out that they had back ordered the part. They didn't even have the balls to email an update indicating that the part was now back ordered.

I am calling their customer service this morning and let them have it as I gave my customer an update that part was in stock at Sears Parts Direct and I had ordered it for him. This is BS coming from a major company as it caused me to cancel an order from my distributor because Sears said they had the part in stock and for me to lie to my customer.

Sorry had to vent....I hate liars especially vendors as it affects my rep.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
And don't be surprised that they also have already billed your credit card for the part. Lately when I go to Partsdirect it seems like all the part diagram numbers in the list are in random order. Not the normal 1.2.3. but like 1.52.7.49

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
NEVER trust any website saying parts are in stock. The only site that is ever close is stens. Jacks will at least say in stock soon AFTER you go to checkout. Some sites just lie. <rant off>

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And don't be surprised that they also have already billed your credit card for the part. Lately when I go to Partsdirect it seems like all the part diagram numbers in the list are in random order. Not the normal 1.2.3. but like 1.52.7.49
Yes they already went thru PayPal. Same with Jack's but at least they refunded my money for the cancelled orders. Can't believe it was taking over two months to get a 4-40 screw from Husqvarna.

And yes the scramble mess of Sears Parts Direct IPL drives me nuts but most times I find the IPLs otherwise. And definitely can't depend the NLA statuses either as they don't even bother to update the supersedes.
NEVER trust any website saying parts are in stock. The only site that is ever close is stens. Jacks will at least say in stock soon AFTER you go to checkout. Some sites just lie. <rant off>
Learning to not to trust here too. Stens, Gardner, and RBI does a very good job of warehouse stock reporting.

A&I did a good job too, Just could not afford the ridiculous shipping charges below their free ship level. Was with them when it was Sunbelt Outdoors for over 13 yrs. It just I had reduce orders because problems. I actually stop ordering June last year because of salesman outright lying to me along other problems. I restarted back in January then they started demanding me to purchase $2,000 per year or they was going to terminate my account. It takes time to rework my stock levels. Well after the third such threatening email I beat them to it as I closed the account. Sunbelt was a nice company to deal with until A&I took them over.

Just started with Rotary so they are an unknown to me. First order I was not impressed at the packaging of the parts. Not able to use the resell packaging as it was all badly damaged. I had to get a paint pen to mark the metal parts. And to repackage using freezer / storage bags to keep the parts clean.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I ordered a motor for a compressor that they said they had in stock although it was out of stock everywhere else. 30 days later they had not shipped it and said they didn't have one yet although they billed me on day one. I had to have the credit card company refund it because they were dragging their feet, and they didn't have it either. Since then I don't use them for anything,

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I never order from SPD, due to similar issues. i just use them to look up craftsman numbers as Parts Tree doesn't have a craftsman look up by model numbers. just part numbers.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sears Parts Direct is a bunch of jerks and can't be trusted.

I order a throttle cable assembly from them because their website indicated they had it in stock back on Oct 5. Since I hadn't received any shipment emails, I login to my account to only find out that they had back ordered the part. They didn't even have the balls to email an update indicating that the part was now back ordered.

I am calling their customer service this morning and let them have it as I gave my customer an update that part was in stock at Sears Parts Direct and I had ordered it for him. This is BS coming from a major company as it caused me to cancel an order from my distributor because Sears said they had the part in stock and for me to lie to my customer.

Sorry had to vent....I hate liars especially vendors as it affects my rep.

You didn't have your coffee before you made the call, did you?