Scotts riding mower transmission pulley

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you checked the oil level, want to make sure you have no fuel in the oil. When you took it off the trailer raw fuel got into the cylinder and crankcase. If no fuel in the crankcase, it’s possible that fuel just hydrolocked the cylinder and when you removed the plug, you released the pressure and problem was solved. If it happens again, you’ll have to post back and we look into other possibilities.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your engine s hydro locking
This is caused by the float valve in the carb leaking .he fuel trickles down the manifold & into the cylinder.
Liquids do not compress so the starter can not turn over the engine.
Removing the spark plug and cranking the engine expells this fuel so the starter can start the engine.
Check your oil
Chances are it is overfull & smells like fuel
If so it confirms a leaking carb.

Orangegud

Threads
ok, got it. Thank you for replying. Before I do all this, would a petcock help in any way, there is none.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve always said that putting a shut off into the line is just a bandaid, not a solution. If the float needle and seat are working properly there is no need for a peacock.

Orangegud

Threads
i have gas in my oil, thank you for bringin this up. what's next?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have two choices, bandaid or fix. First choice bandaid, install a shut off in fuel line, drain the oil to remove contaminated oil. Put in fresh oil. You must always remember to shut the fuel off when not in use or you will need to do this again. Second choice fix, remover carb and have it cleaned and rebuilt. Drain oil and put in fresh oil. You should now have the problem solved and don’t have to worry about it. My recommendation, fix it and not worry it I forget to shut it off.

Orangegud

Threads
You have two choices, bandaid or fix. First choice bandaid, install a shut off in fuel line, drain the oil to remove contaminated oil. Put in fresh oil. You must always remember to shut the fuel off when not in use or you will need to do this again. Second choice fix, remover carb and have it cleaned and rebuilt. Drain oil and put in fresh oil. You should now have the problem solved and don’t have to worry about it. My recommendation, fix it and not worry it I forget to shut it off.
thank you for takin the time to help me sort this out. married, with children, and no money. don't mind gettin my hands dirty. hope you win the lottery one day soon!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I probably won’t because I throw my money at things with far better odds.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When I was at school the lotteries were run by the government and both the maths teacher & economics teacher described them thus " Lotteries are tax for the numerically illeterate"
As for your mower there is a third option,
DO both .
All of the locally made push mowers have a tap on the fuel line &I always fit one to every mower that comes in for service.
I encoursge customers to turn the tap off & starve the engine rather than turning it off to keep the carb dry & prevent gum build up.
It also makes servicing the engine easier as the tap is always the first thing in the fuel line so I can turn it off to change filters & work on carbs rather than clamping the fuel line.

Orangegud

Threads
I installed a new brass seat and needle valve and gas still pours out of the carb. can anyone tell me if there's supposed to be a rubber tip on the carbs solenoid. i don't have one. it's working ok.
It's a walbro 5-4993 Carb