Riding mower won't suck in any fuel

cupboy

Threads
Removed that solenoid and the pin did seem to be stuck so now it isn't but the stupid thing still won't start. I also made sure 12V current was finding it's way to the solenoid. Who knows, maybe someone siphoned my gas? I will check that tomorrow and also try starting it with starter fluid. I am running out of ideas.

One other funny thing that happened was that the metal clip that helped hold the air filter in place popped off when I was working on these other problems and now I can't find it. Weird.

If it was legal (and I had the skills) I would rig this machine up with dynamite and blow it up.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You could always pull a Colonel Potter from MASH and just put it out its misery by shoot it.:ROFLMAO:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
You guys at $40.00 and $50.00 an hour are way off the scale. We get $80.00 and hour. We have a shop in town that gets $85.00 an hour and a minimum charge of $80.00 just to look at it.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
All depends. Big shop in town and the JD dealer are $98/hr. I am $40/hr. They have massive overhead costs. Rent, employees, debt payments, advertising, benefits the list goes on. I on the otherhand have almost no overhead. Other than liability insurance, business cards and a website i don't have any overhead. I could probably open a bigger shop and make more money but i don't need to. Bigger is not always better.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
All depends. Big shop in town and the JD dealer are $98/hr. I am $40/hr. They have massive overhead costs. Rent, employees, debt payments, advertising, benefits the list goes on. I on the other hand have almost no overhead. Other than liability insurance, business cards and a website i don't have any overhead. I could probably open a bigger shop and make more money but i don't need to. Bigger is not always better.
And it doesn't mean they are honest either. I have been lied to with a straight face. And I know they were lying. Nor have tech that actually know what they are doing. I got several local shops here including the JD dealer that have tech that don't have any idea of what they doing.

Just a couple examples of the local dealer techs. One told a customer of mine that his Z925A Kawasaki didn't have an oil pump. Then what is the oil filter for? Another tech had no idea how to do pressure/vacuum test on a Stihl HS56 hedger nor could he find a bad spark plug. Another shop did one heck of a hatchet job of another customer ZTR wiring harness that I had to straighten out.

Yes I am at $55 / hr currently 60.23 / hr with taxes. And I don't have the overhead like the brick and mortar shops but at least I don't lie to the customers either. I am however planning on raising my rates soon due expenses I am now incurring due to inflation now.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What happened to the OP?

This thread in nothing but 3 thread jackers and a lot of W-2 wonder business guff. 4 pages now with no resolution.

At least the guy is not selling MS junk like some other spammer on here LOL.

cupboy

Threads
Who me? I think I just need to replace the solenoid. If I remove and push in that pin it starts but then the next time I go to use the mower it is stuck again. What sort of price could I expect to see on this part?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Who me? I think I just need to replace the solenoid. If I remove and push in that pin it starts but then the next time I go to use the mower it is stuck again. What sort of price could I expect to see on this part?
Not much for a plug block off bowl hanger nut.

Or free if you snip off the plunger and shaft. Idle down and shut off gas about a minute prior to killing the engine, As in you are driving it to the shed.