Retro fit older motor in newer mower

K_mase84

Threads
Model number are wrong so they need verifying.

But the first looks to be 313707-0126-E1 (2002) and the second looks to be 31A707-0525-B1 (2008)

Both six pin harnesses appear to be the same.

And I hate it when hacks up a wiring harness. That why I have the Molex connector housings with pins and sockets to correct the hacks. The connectors with pins and sockets are AMP versions.

The older Walbro carburetor came both without and with solenoid. If the solenoid is not present just the solenoid connector disconnected. Don't close that circuit as it would be a dead short circuit.
Yes you were right about SN had them typed wrong

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just leave the plug empty
You could wrap it if it worries you .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Why they use round pin plugs on the main engine connector and flat pin plugs everywhere else has always mystified me .
But I have a couple of flat pin crimpers so have no problems swapping over plugs.
I did try to get my hands on a B & S and a Tecmseh grab box of connectors & interchange harnesses when I first kicked off but they were forever on back order so just gave up

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From the top
Just tie the unused wires out of the way
Tape them over it ti makes you feel happy
The grey wire will be battery voltage whenever the ignition is on so you do not want it shorting to the mower

The stator in the photo is the diode rectified and the bottom end product so stick it in the just in case box.
The nikki is a better carb than the walbro from a fuel point of view.
The walbro is a more robust carb and gives fewer problems in use
So what