Replacement Engine Flywheel mismatch questions

Tinkerer200

Threads
Probably has a solenoid on the bottom of the carb idoes it click when you turn the key to on? IF has the solenoid it needs 12V to it when switch is on.

Walt Conner

fergy59

Threads
Problem solved! When I replaced the fuel line and pulled the old fuel line off the bottom of the gas tank, only a little bit of fuel Spilled Out of the fitting. I ran a small piece of wire through the hole and suddenly the gas gushed all over the place. So apparently the little nipple had a clog. I will clean the tank once I figure out how to remove it but for now I know what to watch for. Mower is running like it should. I ran it for several minutes at different speeds only hitting full throttle momentarily after starting and on occasion and haven't run it under a load yet other than to move a few inches forward and backward and engaged the pto once to see it work. I'm ready to test it on grass!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
in order for fuel to get out, air has to get into the tank.
Because it is after the mower deck that air will be dusty.
Add to that the odd blade of grass ( which goes translucent in fuel but does not break down ) and you the receipe for a nice fuel plug.
Generally it will manifest itself as running fine for a set period of time , say 1 hour then starving and refusing to run till the next day when it dutifully runs for around the same time then goes into an encore performance.
A quick shot of compressed air up the fuel line every now & then should see you through the season ( fuel cap off naturally ) when you can pull the tank & clean it properly.
We had a spate of 2000 series Cubs doing this and all of them had a moulding fin inside the tank outlet a few minutes with a scalpel and they were as right as rain and some of these had very long service records for random stopping.

Way way back we had a poster who photographed what came out of hi tank, pliers , a glove, some bailing wire, a couple of old cap vents , sticks & stones really amazing.

HawkeyeChuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had a similar opportunity to replace an engine on my Dixon. I found my engine replacement - 31S977-0016 on Outdoor Power Direct. They had a good customer service rep that helped me with the electrical system. I got my engine in one day. Hats off to them!

Briggs and Stratton 31S977-0006-G1 17.5HP Intek Engine - https://goo.gl/BTXbTQ

fergy59

Threads
I had a similar opportunity to replace an engine on my Dixon. I found my engine replacement - 31S977-0016 on Outdoor Power Direct. They had a good customer service rep that helped me with the electrical system. I got my engine in one day. Hats off to them!

Briggs and Stratton 31S977-0006-G1 17.5HP Intek Engine - https://goo.gl/BTXbTQ

My new engine looks identical to yours except for the sticker. What is the difference in the Professional and the Intek? (other than price)
33R8770003.1.jpg