Raven 46-in Hybrid Riding Lawn Mower

Texas Bear

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would love to have a deck boat and fish/ski has been around a long time:smile:....Btw Lowe's will take that mower back, the last thing we want or need is an unhappy shopper!

I think I'll be bringing it back this week sometime for the 24 HP Husqvarna 48". However, I really wanted the GTH27V48LS, but Lowe's doesn't carry any of the LS models. Can Lowe's order a Husqvarna that's not in the inventory?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I think I'll be bringing it back this week sometime for the 24 HP Husqvarna 48". However, I really wanted the GTH27V48LS, but Lowe's doesn't carry any of the LS models. Can Lowe's order a Husqvarna that's not in the inventory?

You could get your money back and go to a dealer somewhere and order it :thumbsup:

jklowe48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Most of the time John Deere and Husqvarna do not let Lowe's order items you can buy at the dealership....:thumbdown:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most of the time John Deere and Husqvarna do not let Lowe's order items you can buy at the dealership....:thumbdown:

jklow48,
You're spot on about that. I tried to get Lowes to give me a price on ordering me a Husqvarna MZ5225 ZTR(they only stock the RZ series ZTR's) and they couldn't.

Texas Bear

Forum Newbie
Threads

Well, I guess I'll have to settle for the YTH24K48 then; or I could just find a Husqvarna dealer in the San Antonio, TX area.:confused2:

txzrider

Threads
Sorry to hear your experiment has not ended well... I still think this is a promising idea. I have a gas yamaha golfcart we used at my sons haunted house(boy scout fund raiser). One year I forgot to check the battery in advance and it would not start... I stuck my trusty 2kw honda genset on the back and started it running and connected the 12 volt out to the battery... made it super easy to fire up the golf cart and drive it on the trailer... left it running for the trip over to the hh. Maybe I should put a lift kit on the golfcart and hang a mower deck under it??

demhustler

Threads
Raven says - to go 17mph transport speed, deck should be removed and gear manually switched from underneath the mower - if it's true, such transport speed pretty much useles...
is there safety switches engaged in regard to speed and ways to bypass it?

2. specs say: 46'' deck, 2x23'' blades. how much blade overlap?

Texas Bear

Forum Newbie
Threads
Raven says - to go 17mph transport speed, deck should be removed and gear manually switched from underneath the mower - if it's true, such transport speed pretty much useles...

That's true, but it's very easy to do - lower the deck, remove three cotter pins, disconnect electrical plug from rider, pull out deck, and finally move small transmission arm underneath to ATV mode. This is all done in under a minute or so, the other position for the transmission arm is for the slower mowing speed.

As far as the overlap of the blades; if I recall it was just a tad. However, the mower did a great job; it was just the rest of the machine! :thumbdown:

Although, now that I have the Husqvarna YTH24K48 I'm now a happy man! :thumbsup:

demhustler

Threads
Originally Posted by demhustler

----------

That's true, but it's very easy to do - lower the deck, remove three cotter pins, disconnect electrical plug from rider, pull out deck, and finally move small transmission arm underneath to ATV mode. This is all done in under a minute or so, the other position for the transmission arm is for the slower mowing speed.

As far as the overlap of the blades; if I recall it was just a tad. However, the mower did a great job; it was just the rest of the machine! :thumbdown:

Although, now that I have the Husqvarna YTH24K48 I'm now a happy man! :thumbsup:

thank you, T.
can transmission arm be switched while deck still on to not bother with taking it on and off?
is there some sort of safety switches, which can be bypassed, or is it hardwired?
------
btw. on raven.mpv. channel, gears. seems no switches... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw1ayi87IB0
raven.mpv.gears.JPG