Raven 46-in Hybrid Riding Lawn Mower

4acres

Threads
I take support calls on the Raven and there are TSB's on the seat switch, on the blades coming off and a couple of others. Service calls come from all over the country so no single service center has them all. One nationwide service center reports problems getting parts from China and tell me they have Ravens in the shop for two months. The Raven was not put on sale until March 2013 so many customers report downtime eclipses uptime. And because it's so new and cutting-edge (LOL) technology, most customers are patient as the Denver, NC company works on solving manufacture and support issues. I am happy to report Lowe's has since removed it from sale and offering consumers refunds or trade-ins for their Raven.

crawford111

Threads
4 acres I guess I really don't understand what you posted because Denver Global from NC told me to bring in Raven and it would be fixed with in 2 weeks. To me saying the parts are ready and fix is on I didn't call they call me. what you are saying is nothing like they to me.

4acres

Threads
I can't be specific in this venue. Other issues have been reported than those reported on this forum. Denver Global has been outstanding take care of customers and I applaud them.

crawford111

Threads
Yes I agree when I call they listen and explain the problem and will work it out with you. My other friends have the other major brands they tell me customer service sucks and half the time they are rude to them. And as far as they concern it's yours live with it. I'll will stick with them that's is Denver Global I see not any other company which can match there product.:thumbsup::smile:

crawford111

Threads
Hey 4 acres got a call from DGP they asked if I still wanted one of coarse I said yes then they said we will put you on list. What list are they talking about ?:smile:

4acres

Threads
I don't yet know. I have not heard. I contacted my support staff and no one else is aware at Service Advantage. I recommend you ask DGP "what list" then report it here. I'd be happy to follow-up.

4acres

Threads
Some of you guys may already be aware, there is a new revised Raven mower for sale at many Lowe's stores "with over 200 revisions". Looking forward to someone sharing here how they perform.

crawford111

Threads
I just got the new Raven on the way home seat fell off to floor hope this is no a sign. Starts great,runs well,gas pedal still a little to much sensitivity, mows great still getting use to speed on mowing very quick. One thing I really miss is the knob to adjust tilt on steering wheel. My family is different sizes you need a wrench each time to correct it. I will call to see if I can get the knob. One thing will slow sales is they tacked on another 1000.00. I think thats was way to much for the machine but if it came with 220-240 this would make sense. DGP needs help on there line I asked were to get one at Lowe's they told me only Va. I ask what happen to NC and TN they said not at this time. Then I find 8 miles away a mom and pop store sales them. Then I called main office NC Lowe's. Next day they called me they at them in Greenville TN 30 miles away went and got it. They had 5 now 4 time will tell how well it works no rain here for a while no much grass growing. Date of pick up 06-06-2014.

4acres

Threads
So Crawford, what's the low-down on the way it performs? By now I imagine you have used it once or twice?

crawford111

Threads
all in all they fix all bad problems, I really like it it very quick I need to slow it down to cut the grass till I get used to it's speed. I had call DGP about getting the plastic knob for till even if I have to pay for it. They told me no they had to many problems, I don't by it they never ran that long before battery failure. I took deck off less then 1 minute back on in 4 minute. I really think the price by a grand will kill sells if they put in 220-240 power it would make sense. But it cuts like a beast I still use my head set for noise best thing is no belts,real drum brakes both wheels a real real rear end not cheep like other lawn mowers. The steering was greatly in proved. And my blades stayed on no problem LOL.