Push Mowers on Lawn Care Trailer

Threads
For my 2014 trailer setup I need a way to secure my push mower(s) in between lawns. I will be going pretty slow, so it doesn't need to be much, though.

I was thinking about getting something like this, but I think $35 is too expensive for a piece of metal! Jungle Jim's Accessory Products | Transport Lockdowns | Jungle Boot Small

Any homemade designs, or should I use bungee cords or something?

Trailer Pics: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/commercial-residential-lawn-mowing/21452-my-new-trailer.html

Merry Christmas! :smile:

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, Pull it out as far as it go snug on both sides then crank the ratchet to draw it so the bar doesnt fall down when going down the road. I use one on my truck when hauling 1-3 pushmowers to keep from rolling back and forth.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
How about just a bungee...

edd

Threads
bungee cord has always worked for me

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bungee cords are cheap quick to use and efficient to use you have an expanded metal gate you run a bungee through the handle of your mower to the gate especially if your not driving far or fast it will be effecient. A milk crate will be good for gas cans string and a few misc tools. And your small equipment can easily be strapped down to the wood if you got a couple big screw in eyes .. its a circle with a screw bottom screw it into the wood where you need them to keep your small stuff secure. Milk crates are also good for hand held blower... All this is cheap and efficient

Threads
Bungee cords are cheap quick to use and efficient to use you have an expanded metal gate you run a bungee through the handle of your mower to the gate especially if your not driving far or fast it will be effecient. A milk crate will be good for gas cans string and a few misc tools. And your small equipment can easily be strapped down to the wood if you got a couple big screw in eyes .. its a circle with a screw bottom screw it into the wood where you need them to keep your small stuff secure. Milk crates are also good for hand held blower... All this is cheap and efficient

Yeah I will definitely use a milk crate to hold my gas cans....thanks. :thumbsup:

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I run an enclosed trailer, but I put 2 small d rings on the side wall the right distance apart right above the deck and put a bungee cord stretched around the motor right above the deck. It works great. If you needed them more stable you could use a cheap ratchet strap.